• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

You should set a 0.99 auction and set a reserve. I did a similar auction for loose figures last year which I set for 350.00 and it closed at exactly that. The reason why I mention it is because it gave me so much traffic I had the best month in sales that month and I believe it was because of that listing. Win win

I remember seeing my listing for that auction on aaaaallll the spam ads on google that week (which obviously cached my listing, but still that was cool to see all these 3rd party shopping aggregators advertise that listing)

Either way good luck mate!

The only way to get the most out of those figures is to sell individually. It's a lot of work but you get the best results. For some dog figures you can bundle small lots, no more than ten figures if necessary. And always do best offer, no auctions. I sell hundreds of loose figures each year so I am speaking from experience.

When I've sold large lots like this, I've always listed them individually, started them at 99 cents, and let them roll. Listing everything at once was imperative, because collectors want to save on combined shipping, and with a lot as large as this, they'd be able to fill in LOTS of holes in their collections.

My experience (and I've sold complete sets of DCUC as well as tons of DCD figs) is that you may have a couple of dogs that eat dirt at $1 or $2, but those are rare exceptions, and ultimately worth it in return for the feeding frenzy you get on the other figures. Reserves are always a deal killer in my experience.

Good luck with the sale. Those are beauties. I've bought and sold and bought and sold my DCD collection a few times now. Currently I only have a handful of them (the silver age 2-packs and a few random Batmen) but they really were a terrific line of figures (up until the New52 designs.)

Good luck!

You should set a 0.99 auction and set a reserve. I did a similar auction for loose figures last year which I set for 350.00 and it closed at exactly that.

No way am I doing anything but putting these up individually. I need to maximize the profit. :) There's potential for a lot of money made, and we need a new car asap. :)

Peace,

Chip

It took a LONG time to get the figures out of the baggies. April, her mother, and Everly are all sick so I had to do double-duty as a mature adult in-between acting like a 12-year-old toy collector. :) Some of the figures got cut off because I had to use the panorama mode on my phone camera just to get them in the first two pics. The third pic is of some of the more expensive ones, and is my first experience with an actual photo photo-bombing a picture. April is actually asleep right now and not whispering sweet nothings into Connor Kent's ear. lol.

Anyway, this is everything...

15860840989_cbbdd03dcf_o.jpg

15427235593_104d8e7aa7_o.jpg

15861130157_3700ed4702_o.jpg

Peace,

Chip

Out of curiosity, where do you sell most of the stuff you purchase? Do you do comic shows? Have a store? Sell online? Also how do you manage to find so many large collections? It seems like 2-3 times a month you manage to acquire a large collection of goodies. Most of us are lucky to come across 1 decent collection in a year or more.

It took a LONG time to get the figures out of the baggies. April, her mother, and Everly are all sick so I had to do double-duty as a mature adult in-between acting like a 12-year-old toy collector. :) Some of the figures got cut off because I had to use the panorama mode on my phone camera just to get them in the first two pics. The third pic is of some of the more expensive ones, and is my first experience with an actual photo photo-bombing a picture. April is actually asleep right now and not whispering sweet nothings into Connor Kent's ear. lol.

Anyway, this is everything...

15860840989_cbbdd03dcf_o.jpg

15427235593_104d8e7aa7_o.jpg

15861130157_3700ed4702_o.jpg

Peace,

Chip

Out of curiosity, where do you sell most of the stuff you purchase? Do you do comic shows? Have a store? Sell online? Also how do you manage to find so many large collections? It seems like 2-3 times a month you manage to acquire a large collection of goodies. Most of us are lucky to come across 1 decent collection in a year or more.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he does this as a full-time job to support his family. I don't you or him, but I bet if you worked full time (8-10 hours a day with occasional overtime) on this type of stuff with the urgency of supporting your family, you (and most people) would come across more decent collections (and also many more sucky ones). Its a ton of work, without guaranteed returns.

I think he sells mostly on ebay?

Last night I stumbled upon someone selling some SA comics on Craigslist. Most were nice filler issues but this one stood out.

Contacted the seller immediately this morning and met up. It's certainly not high grade, but with no rips, tears, or restoration I'm a happy camper at $40.

Never thought I'd own this book!!

wzlZ9z2.png

Antique store in NY had a holiday sale with some items 50% off. Avg price was 3 bucks for this lot. Have a friend who's a Moon Knight collector so he gets some of the perks of the find also.

Wishing everyone some fantastic 2015 finds in the wild.

NYFindsDec14_zps86600ea8.jpg