• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monthly Sales Figures

665 posts in this topic

Who'd have guessed at issue #12 Harley Quinn would be easily out selling Walking Dead each month

???

Nov. Harley > TWD by 3k

Oct. TWD > Harley by 1k

keep going back and be sure to add in 2nd,3rd,4th,and 5th prints. I'm just picking TWD because it's Images best and because the Harley series kinda looked down upon by many. Just seems funny how the numbers tell the real story.

Who'd have guessed at issue #12 Harley Quinn would be easily out selling Walking Dead each month

???

Nov. Harley > TWD by 3k

Oct. TWD > Harley by 1k

keep going back and be sure to add in 2nd,3rd,4th,and 5th prints. I'm just picking TWD because it's Images best and because the Harley series kinda looked down upon by many. Just seems funny how the numbers tell the real story.

Why would I add all of the different printings together, they are different books?

August TWD > HAR 300

July HAR > TWD 4k

Neither is easily outselling the other.

???

Nov. Harley > TWD by 3k

Oct. TWD > Harley by 1k

Why would I add all of the different printings together, they are different books?

August TWD > HAR 300

July HAR > TWD 4k

Neither is easily outselling the other.

TWD is hands down Images best horse in the barn. The simple fact that Harley as bad I'd it is amazingly out performs it. Doesn't say much for image's big gun. Harley is actually silly dumb rubbish with strong sales. Better fans I guess.

???

Nov. Harley > TWD by 3k

Oct. TWD > Harley by 1k

They do it differently.

The Walking Dead did these TPB numbers in November.

Walking Dead Vol. 22 A New Beginning 22,919 @15

Walking Dead Vol. 1 Days Gone Bye 3,727

Walking Dead Vol. 2 Miles Behind Us 2,396

Walking Dead Vol. 21 All Out War Pt 2 1,511

Walking Dead Compendium Vol. 1 1,184 @ $60

Walking Dead Vol. 3 Safety Behind Bars 1,003

Walking Dead Vol. 4 Hearts Desire 978

Walking Dead Vol. 20 All Out War Pt 1 832

Walking Dead Compendium Vol. 2 751 @ $60

Walking Dead Vol. 19 March To War 677

Walking Dead Vol. 5 Best Defense 663

Walking Dead Vol. 6 Sorrowful Life 612

Walking Dead Vol. 17 Something To Fear 598

Walking Dead HC Vol. 1 582 @ $100

Walking Dead Vol. 18 What Comes After 577

Walking Dead Vol. 10 What We Become 487

Walking Dead Vol. 7 the Calm Before 470

Walking Dead Vol. 11 Fear the Hunters 462

Walking Dead Vol. 8 Made To Suffer 459

38,741 reprints at $15 each

1,935 " " $60 "

582 " " $100 "

Harley Quinn Preludes and Knock Knock Jokes 871 @ $20

Harley Quinn HC Vol. 1 Hot In the City 561 @ $25

They have a different plan on how to achieve their goals.

Edited by The Authority

TWD is hands down Images best horse in the barn. The simple fact that Harley as bad I'd it is amazingly out performs it. Doesn't say much for image's big gun. Harley is actually silly dumb rubbish with strong sales. Better fans I guess.

Yea, I think it points more towards the readership of comics. I'm sure there are a decent number of women buying Harley and some just use comics to escape from the real world. If people really read comics for the writing there would be a lot more Image comics in the top 20, IMO.

???

Nov. Harley > TWD by 3k

Oct. TWD > Harley by 1k

They do it differently.

The Walking Dead did these TPB numbers in November.

Walking Dead Vol. 22 A New Beginning 22,919 @15

Walking Dead Vol. 1 Days Gone Bye 3,727

Walking Dead Vol. 2 Miles Behind Us 2,396

Walking Dead Vol. 21 All Out War Pt 2 1,511

Walking Dead Compendium Vol. 1 1,184 @ $60

Walking Dead Vol. 3 Safety Behind Bars 1,003

Walking Dead Vol. 4 Hearts Desire 978

Walking Dead Vol. 20 All Out War Pt 1 832

Walking Dead Compendium Vol. 2 751 @ $60

Walking Dead Vol. 19 March To War 677

Walking Dead Vol. 5 Best Defense 663

Walking Dead Vol. 6 Sorrowful Life 612

Walking Dead Vol. 17 Something To Fear 598

Walking Dead HC Vol. 1 582 @ $100

Walking Dead Vol. 18 What Comes After 577

Walking Dead Vol. 10 What We Become 487

Walking Dead Vol. 7 the Calm Before 470

Walking Dead Vol. 11 Fear the Hunters 462

Walking Dead Vol. 8 Made To Suffer 459

38,741 reprints at $15 each

1,935 " " $60 "

582 " " $100 "

Harley Quinn Preludes and Knock Knock Jokes 871 @ $20

Harley Quinn HC Vol. 1 Hot In the City 561 @ $25

They have a different plan on how to achieve their goals.

You speak the truth there... IIRC the compendium at its height of sales was ranked #6 in all books on Amazon. It's been top 100 for years. It might also be worth mentioning that TWD started off from scratch with a 7K print run... HQ 2013 has a built in DC and extended Bat Family fan base. Issue #0 HQ kicked off with 114,212 sales. It is kinda silly banging on about sales though because at the end of the day the numbers like that tell you nothing about the content of a book. Just that HQ is a very popular character.

It doesn't really matter... enjoy your books and the success of any title you want to see more of.

ASM beats Batman.

Batman used to be consistently higher. I think they need to juice up the art on that title. A consistent storyline wouldn't hurt.

Harley Quinn seems to be like Wolverine (or Punisher) reborn. I stopped reading the title because it was so bad. She seems to be making appearances in everything. Her existence in Suicide Squad is bizarre. I don't think DC knows what to do with the character except make sure she shows up in everything to boost sales.

Spider-Verse is driving me nuts. It's essentially the same retold story in a different title. Marvel fans can never complain about DC alternate universes ever again.

ASM beats Batman.

Batman used to be consistently higher. I think they need to juice up the art on that title. A consistent storyline wouldn't hurt.

Harley Quinn seems to be like Wolverine (or Punisher) reborn. I stopped reading the title because it was so bad. She seems to be making appearances in everything. Her existence in Suicide Squad is bizarre. I don't think DC knows what to do with the character except make sure she shows up in everything to boost sales.

Spider-Verse is driving me nuts. It's essentially the same retold story in a different title. Marvel fans can never complain about DC alternate universes ever again.

What was special about ASM #9 for the sales bump - Spider-Gwen or Spider-Verse? ASM #10 released in the same month was back below Batman and at its normal sales average. Looks like #9 was a speculative bump.

No - Harley is the DC equivalent of Deadpool. Massively popular "humorous" super-hero characters that have a huge following that will buy whatever book or mini-series that is printed. Over the past year and a half I have started buying Harley and Deadpool minis and regular series issues in bulk for one purpose - to flip for a nice profit at shows. Those two titles cover all of your expenses and more for setting up, leaving the bigger books for the gravy.

ASM beats Batman.

What was special about ASM #9 for the sales bump - Spider-Gwen or Spider-Verse? ASM #10 released in the same month was back below Batman and at its normal sales average. Looks like #9 was a speculative bump.

No - Harley is the DC equivalent of Deadpool. Massively popular "humorous" super-hero characters that have a huge following that will buy whatever book or mini-series that is printed. Over the past year and a half I have started buying Harley and Deadpool minis and regular series issues in bulk for one purpose - to flip for a nice profit at shows. Those two titles cover all of your expenses and more for setting up, leaving the bigger books for the gravy.

I agree. Those two are over the top popular right now.

I also don't buy any of their monthly books...

I am sure dealers love them, however.

I would think the digital sales would have to make up for some of these numbers. Kind of like low rated TV shows that do well with DVR secondary replays. I wonder if anyone can guess the collector/reader base from these sales figures?

Another "Yikes!"

COPPERHEAD #4

$3.50

What kind of numbers do these titles need to hit before they pull the plug?

Anyone know?

Kurtis Weibe said somewhere near the beginning of the PP thread that once numbers approach 5000, then the book becomes a 'labor of love' - take that for what you want. IIRC, some of the promotional and publishing budget for Image comes from the creators cut, so they probably have to sell a little more than other publishers that do not have that stipulation to get to the cancellation danger zone. There are a lot of long running Image books that have settled in around 10k, so I don't think those are necessarily bad numbers.

Another "Yikes!"

COPPERHEAD #4

$3.50

What kind of numbers do these titles need to hit before they pull the plug?

Anyone know?

Good question!!

Some of the sales numbers are shockingly low!

I am enjoying Conan the Avenger but I see 8100 copies a month and wonder how long will Dark Horse keep printing this title????