• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets See Those Funny Animal Books!
2 2

1,994 posts in this topic

This thread has been dormant for a while...

My wife owns a nail salon. I thought I would frame a blown up scan of this book in her shop...

goofy19.jpg

Thanks Scrooge. I had never seen the CooCoo before. I love running into books like that. Rummaging through a box and BAM..."Wow that is cool!...Excuse me, it is only $25? ...I'll take it"... As cool as the high end, big noteworthy Golden Age stuff is, these kind of books are way more gratifying simple because there is no financial burden to them.

My wife owns a nail salon. I thought I would frame a blown up scan of this book in her shop...

goofy19.jpg

:applause: I think you are on to something here Big E(vans)!! Everyone in the shop says what's that hilariously intriguing artwork from and the conversation is sparked...next thing you know swarms of gals with French tips are perusing wall books and rummaging through back issues on the convention floor!! :idea:

I like it (thumbs u

goofy19.jpg

:applause: I think you are on to something here Big E(vans)!! Everyone in the shop says what's that hilariously intriguing artwork from and the conversation is sparked...next thing you know swarms of gals with French tips are perusing wall books and rummaging through back issues on the convention floor!! :idea:

I like it (thumbs u

We have to think outside the box :idea:

Thanks Scrooge. I had never seen the CooCoo before. I love running into books like that. Rummaging through a box and BAM..."Wow that is cool!...Excuse me, it is only $25? ...I'll take it"... As cool as the high end, big noteworthy Golden Age stuff is, these kind of books are way more gratifying simple because there is no financial burden to them.

How true this is. Some of the coolest books are the weird ones buried in boxes that most people are too lazy to dig out. I have been loving HA HA and Giggle lately. Some out standing covers on those. You don't have to spend big money to really enjoy this hobby...

I have been loving HA HA and Giggle lately.

I just picked up seven of the first 13 HA HAs in really nice shape, including one Church. I will have to get those scanned for you. They are really goofy.