• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WYTCHES - Scott Snyder & Jock

1,106 posts in this topic

I finally got my hands on #1. I liked it. It did go in a direction I didn't expect, but it's still barely getting into the groove of things. Having just read The Wake, I'm optimistic about this. As long as it doesn't go off 100 years into the future halfway through

I finally got my hands on #1. I liked it. It did go in a direction I didn't expect, but it's still barely getting into the groove of things. Having just read The Wake, I'm optimistic about this. As long as it doesn't go off 100 years into the future halfway through

agreed ;)

Snyder has the goods. He just needs to bring it.

Re: The Wake - this is why I was hesitant to pick this title up at all. That book went off the rails and never came back.

I decided to give this one a shot since it is an ongoing. If an arc doesn't work they can try to change the trajectory, they have room to work at it... assuming Snyder works that way anyway. I'm not sure how tightly he scripts things out, or if he is religious about sticking to it if he does.

Re: The Wake - this is why I was hesitant to pick this title up at all. That book went off the rails and never came back.

I decided to give this one a shot since it is an ongoing. If an arc doesn't work they can try to change the trajectory, they have room to work at it... assuming Snyder works that way anyway. I'm not sure how tightly he scripts things out, or if he is religious about sticking to it if he does.

If I didn't buy the full run of The Wake at once then #6 would have been my last issue, even if it was an ongoing. Once a series quits being entertaining, I never come back. I won't even give a series a try if someone says "Oh, issues 32-54 were the good ones because that's when so-and-so was on it. Every issue has to be consistently good, and preferably, every issue would have the same creative team. It's a major reason why I pretty much read nothing but creator owned comics. But I agree, The Wake got weird. The first half was great though.

so I cracked #3 with pretty high expectations. It definitely delivers on the story. Creep factor = 10.

More interesting for me though was the art and writer sections in the back. I wasn't too keen on the art but when it is stripped down to the inks you can see some great stuff. I wonder how it would look without the paint splattering and psycho effects? Just my taste I guess.

Snyder gives a shout out to all the great books out right now. Heart warming after telling me you are going to write more crazy Wytches stories to freak me out :)

Before today, no posts in almost a month? I'll able to pay a reasonable price for the NYCC variant in no time ha cha cha cha

Yeah. Wow. That's crazy.

Flavor of the month loses its taste mighty quick around here