• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,042 posts in this topic

I was watching that one because I thought it looked like a cool book, but had no idea it would go for so much. I have a lot to learn.

Loaded this for a pulp site and haven't posted it in a while.One hot cover ! :devil:

SCAN0131_zps348e541b.jpg

That is one of the true classic weird menace covers. Very nice copy, Jack!

"SATAN TRADES IN DEBUTANTES" is my new favorite story title ever.

I was watching that one because I thought it looked like a cool book, but had no idea it would go for so much. I have a lot to learn.

it shouldn't have gone that high. Two people got way too excited. I bought the exact same book in VF off ebay a month and a half ago at auction for something like a couple hundred. I'm guessing, neither party wanted to lose out on a copy a second time. It's a "you see it for sale once a decade" book normally. Realistically this book in this condition is only 400-600 or so. VF is maybe a 1000. But two guys wanted it bad so....

And this thread has been quiet too long, so let's throw up a couple minor recent finds:

Shadow_46_09_zps2e149aee.jpg

Unfortunately, this is one of the Bruce Elliot issues; while I don't dislike them nearly as much as a lot of Shadow fans they're still not that good compared to the Gibson stories. So the highlight here is a very early John D. MacDonald story. (It's only his 10th published story.)

Doc_Savage_47_12_zps84ed5f86.jpg

Pity about the taped spine here, but the cover is so odd it perhaps barely matters. I've read this issue cover to cover and I can't tell what the heck this is supposed to represent. Once again, the highlight is John D. MacDonald, who here has 3 stories taking up fully half the issue. His "novel" is actually longer than the Doc Savage story by about half a page.