• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manhattan Projects

1,044 posts in this topic

This is my current favorite book, so I'm definitely in... but I sort of hate the 'series of miniseries' thing. I don't really get it honestly.

I don't like the "series of miniseries" thing either, so I think this is where I jump off and wait for those trades.

t9DZlA7.jpg

THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS: THE SUN BEYOND THE STARS #1

story: JONATHAN HICKMAN

art / cover: NICK PITARRA

MARCH 11 / 32 PAGES / FC / T+ / $3.50

“MAN IN SPACE”

Only when he's lost in space does the great Russian cosmonaut, Yuri Gagarin, find his true calling. THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS is back with all new stories told in a brand-new format.

The greatest FEEL GOOD, BAD SCIENCE book in the long history of man returns in THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS: THE SUN BEYOND THE STARS. - See more at: http://imagecomics.com/content/view/image-comics-solicitations-for-march-2015#sthash.KVGTLpCB.dpuf

Looks like Nick is taking over cover duty on the new series.

New #1 in March. New format, though, sounds like series-of-mini-series (a la HELLBOY and THE GOON), with each mini centered around a small group of characters (if not a single character).

At the end of #25, we've got these separate groups:

Yuri/Laika

Von Braun

Einsteins/Feyman

Groves/Westmoreland/LBJ

Harry

...and if you look closely, the return of a major character is hinted at...

At some point, when everyone's story has been told, I expect they'll all be brought back together for the finale. Can't wait.

Nevermind... found this post (thanks)

So... Oppenheimer is coming back :wishluck: :wishluck: :wishluck:

The Civil War inside the mind of Oppenheimer is some of the best comic writing/art I have been exposed to in recent years. The duality, the war within, the struggle to reclaim the mind.... outstanding!

So... Oppenheimer is coming back :wishluck: :wishluck: :wishluck:

hm ...maybe...maybe not...this page provides the clue:

151214224135AJcXuRm1Sh.jpg

It may take a re-read, but look for the set-up...it's been in there all along. Love books that reward close reading!

And for OA collectors, the issue #25 pages are now available:

http://www.felixcomicart.com/ArtistGalleryTitles.asp?ArtistId=568&Ti=Nick_Pitarra

Can someone tell me the significance of page 1?

I'm still on the second TPB and the pricing has piqued my interest.

What, you've never heard of those important historical figures John Butler and Lambert Sheng?? :insane:

It's a gag. Nick drew two of my buddies in the scene and of course, they both want the page. I'm a .

So...it's not *really* for sale (unless there's a crazy John Butler and/or Lambert Sheng fan out there!!!)...just having some fun. The page will be a gift for one of them, and the one who doesn't get it will get drawn in a future issue. That page will be $20K.

The Civil War inside the mind of Oppenheimer is some of the best comic writing/art I have been exposed to in recent years. The duality, the war within, the struggle to reclaim the mind.... outstanding!

It was already my current favorite ongoing, but that arc raised it to the level of classic in my opinion. Everyone was at the top of their game there... -script, pencils, color, design, I loved it.

It was already my current favorite ongoing, but that arc raised it to the level of classic in my opinion. Everyone was at the top of their game there... -script, pencils, color, design, I loved it.

That sounds awesome. I need to read that.

So I'll post here again and have four of the last six written, but what the hell.

I miss this series. When it was firing on all cylinders, for my money, it was the best thing on the racks on any given Wednesday. When this book went to a 'series of mini-series' this type of uncertainty is exactly what I feared... when is it coming back? I've read, from various unsubstantiated bits of rumor and gossip, that there was some disagreement among the creative team about that decision... supposedly it was made to increase sales... yeah... An ongoing moving to a mini is rarely ever going to be viewed positively by anyone as far as I know.

And yet here I am, hoping for more, hoping that they come back and share with us what the hell happened to the Einsteins and Feynman. Hoping that the heat I've read about between Pitarra and Hickman is just false internet nonsense, at the very least, just normal creative differences that won't keep them from going back to the well for some more of the good stuff.

If anyone has any news to share on a timeline for a potential return, I'd be all ears!