• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

Here's a few more of my ACTION COMICS that don't appear to have

many graded copies. They don't seem to be very collectable.

9301314896_fd8ab97280.jpg

9301319446_6c3d6f7b47.jpg

8998364830_9bd5f385e3.jpg

mm

Great books and rare! Only not collected because you never see them!

..... Superman titles from this time period are some of my favorites. Here's one I just got in ..... I might list it on Clink but it will be so high that I'll be keeping it for a few years at least. I could never collect Actions.... too many and too high.... but everyone should have a few. I totally love this cover and it's the tightest 7.0 I've ever seen..... I'd have been a bit angry if I'd submitted it. This is just the kind of book I like to deslab...... there's no chance in hell it would ever go down in grade if resubmitted. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

DSCN0728.jpg

..... Superman thread on Page 9 ? (tsk)

DSCN0731.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

Here's a few more of my ACTION COMICS that don't appear to have

many graded copies. They don't seem to be very collectable.

9301314896_fd8ab97280.jpg

9301319446_6c3d6f7b47.jpg

8998364830_9bd5f385e3.jpg

mm

Great books and rare! Only not collected because you never see them!

#1 It would be extremely hard to put a run from #101 to #158 in 6.0 or better.

(Whew, really had to dig for this thread!)

I've been looking for a Superman #6 since the beginning of time...love the cover & am very happy to finally have one. These yellow covers on the early issues show up every bit of stain, tanning, dust shadows, dirt etc... not easy to find in presentable lower grade.

t7zxua.jpg

I've been looking for a Superman #6 since the beginning of time...love the cover & am very happy to finally have one. These yellow covers on the early issues show up every bit of stain, tanning, dust shadows, dirt etc... not easy to find in presentable lower grade.

t7zxua.jpg

TERRIFIC! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

mm

t7zxua.jpg

I have one lower grade than yours missing centerfold i think. lol Great job yours looks nice (thumbs u

]Superman-6_zpszfrcjeo0.jpg[/img]

Edited by woowoo

Another single digit yellow cover. And yes, I got it defaced/devalued all by myself many years ago. I thought the signature placement was perfect.

:takeit::headbang:

Ditto. That's just awesome.

Any details you can share re your having Jerry sign the book?

It was at the old San Diego Convention Center MANY years ago. Don't remember much other than he was there alone. I also had him sign this. I do remember he was very surprised to see it because he was obviously mostly signing comic books. I had already had Joe sign it so I needed them both. There was hardly any line and of course no charge to talk to him or have him sign stuff. Unlike today with the "flavor of the month" artists charge decent money for their sigs. Oh, the good 'ole days.

supermanpuzzle_zps77558a5c.jpg

t7zxua.jpg

I have one lower grade than yours missing centerfold i think. lol Great job yours looks nice (thumbs u

]Superman-6_zpszfrcjeo0.jpg[/img]

My copy has pencil marks on the cover but the interior is in good shape.

4590283292_a5750716b6_z.jpg

I think I turned the contrast up too high. It doesn't look tan when mixed with other books. (shrug)

27586241195_03574fd76d_b.jpg

5558685831_dd151fea70_b.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun