• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZAP-1-2nd-printing-1968-Don-Donahue-edition-CGC-9-4-/261698932494?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

I've never, in 17+ years on eBay, heard of "no sales to this specific state" (in this case, California.)

I wonder why...

hm

I assume if you sell to someone in the same state you live you may be required to collect and pay sales tax.

I thought the same, but he lives in Florida.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZAP-1-2nd-printing-1968-Don-Donahue-edition-CGC-9-4-/261698932494?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

I've never, in 17+ years on eBay, heard of "no sales to this specific state" (in this case, California.)

I wonder why...

hm

I assume if you sell to someone in the same state you live you may be required to collect and pay sales tax.

Maybe he just hates hippies. (shrug)

I wonder why...

hm

Maybe he just hates hippies. (shrug)

Maybe it's that ship insurance. There is a disclaimer that the insurance is not applicable in California. Or something to that effect.

Ebay user: donjuanjunior2008

Bought a Strange Tales 116 from me, when I finally prompted him/her to pay they replied "can I have two weeks to pay until payday?" I said that was ok, they then bid and one another book the following week of mine. 4 weeks go by, no payment no reply to my emails.

Filed a "did not pay" with ebay. No buyer response. They had perfect feedback prior to the first bid with me, now they have several "did not pay" negatives. Would recommend blocking this dude/dudette.

Total waste of energy and time.

Cheers and beware

ebayid preduction

(guy is known for having occasional comic books, but very expensive items - often the most expensive items on the site......stuff priced at like 1000x their value or 10,000 their value :o ) really, no exaggeration.

Anyways, he reached out to buy an ASM 1 - negotiated me down a good bit and then agreed to buy and pay by Monday (this was a Friday).

Monday comes around, says he had to unexpectedly travel out of town and needed to the end of the week. I respond by agreeing to wait (but did ask why paypal couldn't still be used, to which he didn't reply)

Friday comes around, he says he's not ready yet and will pay Monday

Tuesday i reach out again and he says he needs more time for money to reach his paypal account but hoping to pay by the end of the week

at this point, i'm pretty frustrated and say I would like to understand definitively what he plans on doing. He says he doesn't know and i'm free to sell the book to someone else.

I respond by saying i held the book for him since we made a deal and would like to get it done, but just want clarity.

He responded by saying he'll let me know when he had the money.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! From an ebayer seller with almost 1000 feedback!! BLOCK!!!!

Add board member oceanavekid to your block list of nonpaying bidders.

No response to emails, PMs or eBay communication.

Ebay user handle is crisis_comics

:D

Nominate him for the Probation List! :banana:

Can I do that?

It's an ebay transaction, not a board transaction---but if it's within house rules, LMK.

Can I do that?

It's an ebay transaction, not a board transaction---but if it's within house rules, LMK.

Totally within the rules. As long as it is a transaction between board members, problems from other sites are fair game.

-slym

Can I do that?

If both members are Boardies, yes. You can nominate for PL. (thumbs u