• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

SPOILERS: Major BATMAN V SUPERMAN Details On Batman's Role, Doomsday Battle, And Much More

-------------------

According to Badass Digest, the movie kicks off with Batman's origin story (which we've seen filming) before picking up with Ben Affleck's Bruce Wayne as he arrives in Metropolis during the fight between Superman and General Zod from Man of Steel. Things then jump ahead a couple of years, with the attention very much on Superman as we learn that he's now living with Lois Lane and works full-time at The Daily Planet.

-------------------

-------------------

As for Doomsday, General Swanwick apparently, "tells the military that Superman will move the battle away from populated areas because he's a hero, and that's what heroes do." The site adds that most people in the movie view Superman as a hero, except for Lex Luthor (obviously) and Batman, who actually preps anti-Superman weapons!

-------------------

Always appreciate the vids and info. you link Bosco...

That said, I find it pretty funny that everyone has a take on Snyder's work.

Love him or hate him, you've gotta say that MOS is STILL pretty controversial with regards to the widespread destruction and of course Superman breaking Zod's neck.

There aren't TOO many films that get that sort of heated response and polarized opinions. Let's face it, when was the last time folks were 'outraged' by anything Marvel, Sony or Fox put out. If they are getting any sort of controversy surrounding their productions, it's largely because they make some character a different race or gender....which is a different animal entirely.

Snyder flew in the face of years of mythos and canon to bring us a contemporary vision of these heroes in the most believable and realistic way possible. I take my hat off to anyone that can do that.

BTW: looks like a new trailer leaked out onto the interweb:

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/12/17/the-batman-vs-superman-trailer-might-just-have-leaked-but-what-does-it-reveal-2520787?lt_source=external,manual

I really like Snyder movies (other than 'Sucker Punch' - though the visuals were amazing). I really enjoyed Watchmen, 300 and Man of Steel.

It is odd how some take such offense to Snyder productions.

Always appreciate the vids and info. you link Bosco...

That said, I find it pretty funny that everyone has a take on Snyder's work.

Love him or hate him, you've gotta say that MOS is STILL pretty controversial with regards to the widespread destruction and of course Superman breaking Zod's neck.

There aren't TOO many films that get that sort of heated response and polarized opinions. Let's face it, when was the last time folks were 'outraged' by anything Marvel, Sony or Fox put out. If they are getting any sort of controversy surrounding their productions, it's largely because they make some character a different race or gender....which is a different animal entirely.

Snyder flew in the face of years of mythos and canon to bring us a contemporary vision of these heroes in the most believable and realistic way possible. I take my hat off to anyone that can do that.

BTW: looks like a new trailer leaked out onto the interweb:

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/12/17/the-batman-vs-superman-trailer-might-just-have-leaked-but-what-does-it-reveal-2520787?lt_source=external,manual

it funny that everybody hates the amount og destruction in MOS and yet when i was re-watching star wars and they blow up the death star. didn't they just murdered 100's of million innocent people.

Screenwriter Says WB Actually Writing Six WONDER WOMAN Scripts

Producer/screenwriter Arash Amel, who wrote Erased and Grace of Monaco, and is currently scripting the Marie Colvin biopic has shared on Twitter that he's heard an intriguing bit of gossip regarding WB's Wonder Woman movie. Reportedly, Warner Bros. has hired not one but six screenwriters to write six, separate Wonder Woman solo films. Presumably, WB will then pick the best -script or pick the best elements from each for Michelle MacLaren to direct. Amel views this practice with disdain (as any screenwriter should) but as comic book fans, hoping for the best Wonder Woman movie possible.

Amel views this practice with disdain (as any screenwriter should) but as comic book fans, hoping for the best Wonder Woman movie possible.

I think it is a brilliant idea versus being tied to one writer only, and hoping they get it all right.

:whee:

Amel views this practice with disdain (as any screenwriter should) but as comic book fans, hoping for the best Wonder Woman movie possible.

I think it is a brilliant idea versus being tied to one writer only, and hoping they get it all right.

it's a great idea because sometime you can find the scrit for one film but maybe two or three if the story works itself.

Too many cooks spoil the broth...

I'm afraid you could end up with a disjointed movie.

Too many cooks spoil the broth...

I'm afraid you could end up with a disjointed movie.

I don't think this will end up as mass creativity with no common link. The director is the glue that will pull this together. And she isn't playing around!

THERE-WE-GO.jpg

I don't get what all the fuss is about MOS. I thought it was really great, even on subsequent multiple viewings. (shrug)

Peace,

Chip

The movie is totally fine. It is the people that have attachment to certain memories of who Superman is that clouds their enjoyment of MOS.

The battle scenes with Faora were fantastic.

And that potential knife fight between Faora and Colonel Nathan Hardy was outstanding.

And she wasn't even the main villain.

I don't get what all the fuss is about MOS. I thought it was really great, even on subsequent multiple viewings. (shrug)

Peace,

Chip

The movie is totally fine. It is the people that have attachment to certain memories of who Superman is that clouds their enjoyment of MOS.

People just can't get over the non candy- Superman. If you were going in looking for shawarma jokes and that sort of jovial fraternization....you were going to come out disappointed.....

I'm glad they decided to take that route and I'm eager to see how the rest of the more serious DCCU shores up.