• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,296 posts in this topic

We bought a new house last month, which is great. Moving isn't. Especially moving all of my geek room stuff to the new upstairs loft office. I like the room now that it is set up, but lots of heavy boxes had to be lugged up the stairs and unpacked.

But anyway here it is starting with the entrance at the top of the stair landing

E7D07DB0-CA76-409D-B74D-DB78B3481C5D_zpszv9z4bcf.jpg

6F291A77-DC3D-4838-8D79-857757947E3C_zps4dbf8aba.jpg

2B4E7195-0B97-49E1-A451-DEAEB8A6535F_zpsv7krugsy.jpg

4B5FE0D9-3FA6-4FBC-985E-45F28FE011D7_zps8zsusacj.jpg

B231870F-CAB8-40B4-8942-DAA1340FFBA2_zpsiwczq7dv.jpg

0019A755-1678-49D4-9E9A-468A6C7433AE_zps3ksdck3d.jpg

0E591AD2-7FE6-4CEA-9D22-5F81FB820ADE_zpscv7vhqlg.jpg

:applause: LOVE IT!!! now that is how to do a comicbook room right there folks!! from the built in cabinetry to the window treatments this is super classy...awesome desk check, comfy reading chair check!! great comic wall art check!! Mjolnir!! CHECK!!....the only thing you're missing is a Browns helmet which could easily go in the same place as that Steelers one but I guess you can get a pass on the cool factor of the room :grin: great great room Bill well done the hard work and heavy lifting sure is paying off!!

Heres a pic of my little corner where I display some of my keys and do my pressing. I'm gonna be moving into a two bedroom very soon purposely to have the extra room for my comic and retro video game collection and have enough room to place my hydration chamber for the pressing ...currently I only bring it out when needed but takes up to much space on the desk.

And yes I rotate my books every other week so no sunlight hits them but this room is always very dark and the blinds are never opened .....just did it for the sake of the pictures :)

fzbrwx.jpg

30crjx2.jpg

Edited by rcouto

Heres a pic of my little corner where I display some of my keys and do my pressing. I'm gonna be moving into a two bedroom very soon purposely to have the extra room for my comic and retro video game collection and have enough room to place my hydration chamber for the pressing ...currently I only bring it out when needed but takes up to much space on the desk.

And yes I rotate my books every other week so no sunlight hits them but this room is always very dark and the blinds are never opened .....just did it for the sake of the pictures :)

fzbrwx.jpg

30crjx2.jpg

Awesome corner!

fzbrwx.jpg

30crjx2.jpg

Awesome corner!

+1 very nice indeed :headbang:

fzbrwx.jpg

30crjx2.jpg

Awesome corner!

+2 Nice taste in comics!!!! very cool!!

Just an incredibly awesome room Bill,bet the good stuff is in that safe. :cool:

I'm happy the way it came out. The safe is pretty well packed, but the cabinets on the bottom of the shelf have some nice stacks in them as well ;)

fzbrwx.jpg

30crjx2.jpg

Awesome corner!

Agreed.

fzbrwx.jpg

30crjx2.jpg

Awesome corner!

Agreed.

Nice pressing machine you have there

fzbrwx.jpg

30crjx2.jpg

(worship)

fzbrwx.jpg

30crjx2.jpg

Awesome corner!

Agreed.

Nice pressing machine you have there

Thanks to everyone for the kind words

i figured i would share what i used to get my books on the wall since i have had a couple of messages about it

- purchase wood corner molding from home depot

- make sure it has a least a 1 inch lip (most do)

- cut to size (can be done easily with hand saw)

- spray paint black

- screw onto wall

- display your books!! :)

its a cheap but effective way to display your books

i think i spent $45 total on the moldings and paint

hope that helps

Rui