• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

havent been around the internet the last few days to post, but glad to see this proved to be true. Once she had the dream sequence with the song Daisy playing, it was all but confirmed. It makes sense to have her have a power that doesnt cost much money to show, and can build up over time. (shaking the camera is free ;) )

Should be interesting to see where we go from here in the lead up to Avengers 2, once it returns, and until then Agent Carter is going to be awesome :D

Okay, for starters I have no idea who Daisy Johnson/Quake is. Now Mister Hyde, that's a different story. Didn't I hear something about a DD show on Netflix? hm

Raina as Tigra? Maybe, but I don't think so. Then again..... (shrug)

The visual in the show while brief sure looked like Tigra.

I just picked up and read the TPB "Secret War" so I could find out more about Skye/Daisy/Quake.

I thought it was a really good read for anyone who wants to pick it up. One of those "painted" comics. Daisy is a cocky young badass in the story (kind of like Skye is in AOS).

I like the costume they gave her in the comic. I wonder if they'll give her something like that for the show.

The other thing I got from that story...... the SHIELD part of the plot could work for future episodes of AOS. The Superhero part of the plot would have to be altered quite a bit (They use many A-list Marvel Superheroes in the Plot).

I wonder how much "price" movement we'll see on Issue 2 from that series? Just so you know... she is introduced briefly in issue 2 (mostly through written exposition in the back), but really has her full presence in issue 5. In other words... Issue 2 is her "Hulk 180" and issue 5 is her "Hulk 181".

Edited by gadzukes

Okay, for starters I have no idea who Daisy Johnson/Quake is. Now Mister Hyde, that's a different story. Didn't I hear something about a DD show on Netflix? hm

Raina as Tigra? Maybe, but I don't think so. Then again..... (shrug)

The visual in the show while brief sure looked like Tigra.

That's what I thought when I saw her.

It's a huge disappointment IMHO.

That depends what sort of expectations you built for yourself. The show was never meant to be super-heroes blasting each other, that was stated from the beginning.

It is, after all, a Joss Whedon show, set in the Marvel universe.

The trailer for the show before its pilot was, "not all heroes are super"...

It is in fact meant to be like a cop/spy show, which crosses back and forth into the MCU, both feeding off of it, and contributing to it.

I think its been absolutely outstanding from day 1 imho

It had a slow start but has been great from the middle of the first season.

I finally caught up on Agents of SHIELD. I thought the overall storyline this season was better, but this show still has some weak writing. In the final episode, the scene were Coulson is in a gun fight and runs away from Agent 33 was so badly choreographed and ill conceived, I couldn't help but laugh out loud. Also, the logic used by the characters who descended into the underground city was :facepalm:

I love that they are playing with bigger themes this season, but they really need to have better writing. It's like they are moving characters from point A to point B without any logical reason for the characters to make the journey, just so there is some payoff at point B. So, while the payoffs have been nice, the journey to get there has not been pleasant.

My favorite change this season is with the Ward character. I like the introduction of the other agents (Bobbi, Hunter, Trip, etc.) but all of them pretty much have the same voice. Hopefully during the second half of season 2 they'll start to flesh these characters out more and give them more to do than be "bad ". Some of the banter between these characters is pretty mundane (standard action flick banter) and hopefully they move away from this soon.

Edited by rjrjr

LATINO REVIEW: Clark Gregg Talks Launch of 'Inhumans' on 'Agents of SHIELD'

-------------------

Here’s what Gregg, who happens to be a pretty big comic book fan, had to say about the Inhumans:

'At least in the comics, the Inhumans, they're a race of people who've been transformed. They're mutants, more or less. I've always loved that part of the comics. They're people who have evolved differently, and that generates a lot of fear. Some people want to annihilate them. Some people want to lock them up. Some people want to register them. Some of them become superheroes. Some of them become monsters. I find that particularly germane. Are we going to accept the people who are different, or are we going to try to wipe them out?'

-------------------