• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

Not the right place, but didn't want to stat another eBay thread.

Was browsing completed sales and came across this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thief-of-Thieves-1-2nd-2-3-4-5-6-10-16-Kirkman-1st-prints-VF-NM-Walking-Dead-/181600637086?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2a483dd09e

What exactly did the buyer win here?

Title, pictures, and description are all different.

Not the right place, but didn't want to stat another eBay thread.

Was browsing completed sales and came across this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thief-of-Thieves-1-2nd-2-3-4-5-6-10-16-Kirkman-1st-prints-VF-NM-Walking-Dead-/181600637086?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2a483dd09e

What exactly did the buyer win here?

Title, pictures, and description are all different.

#1 second print, or #s 1 & 2 second print? "All issues are first print."

:lol:

Then, the kicker: "Finally: We now photograph every item as it’s being packaged for shipment and will post the photos. Any attempt to falsify a claim for “Item not as described” will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law if you damage our product."

Because it couldn't get damaged in transit...

:D :lol: :roflmao:

What a piece of... work.

-slym

This list is amazing and a great resource.

However, is it possible to have one list that goes into the reasons, and a second list that is just the names in a format where they could just be pasted into Ebay in bulk?

As it is, alphabetical, you also don't know who's been added unless you read through all of the posts. If you could just paste it, that wouldn't matter.

Not a big deal, just a thought, because this is a great (AND FREE!) resource.

Well, Ebay automatically alphabetizes it once entered, so people would just have to paste the whole list every now and then to update it. Certain names were spit out for me, so I guess those folks changed their names and probably started back being bad under different names. :)

I don't know squat about Ebay on this issue, but I guess the seller list would just go into the same blocked bidder list, since there isn't a blocked seller option, unless Im missing something, which is highly possible.

Edited by NTHstars

So...is there any reason someone who bought something on ebay wouldn't use the buyer resolution process instead of just opening a chargeback through paypal?

Backstory:

Buyer in Vegas who shall remain nameless for the time being bought something from me a few days before Thanksgiving. I have a three day payment policy clearly stated in my listings*. Buyer contacted me a day or two after turkey day saying they would pay early the next week. I politely responded that they should pay so that I could ship the items (my thinking is that the time you took to write me the message would have been better used, ah, paying me but whatever).

Opened a case on Tuesday or Wednesday after. They paid a couple of days later. Items shipped safely within 24 hours with tracking and delivered in reasonable amount of time. Just found chargeback request in my spam that it was unauthorized. Yeah, right.

I've responded with tracking and note about payback for opening a case. Waiting to hear from paypal.

*though I don't put it in my listings, I'm generally happy to extend period for payday, out of town, etc. if it's a reasonable time period and if you contact me BEFORE purchase made.

ebay user galvtoxcarl

waited 3 weeks to tell me this: ($25 purchase)

Hey im sorry i won't be able to purchase this comic. I haven't had the cash and plus it turns out my son already has this comic so i apologize for the inconvenience

ebay user galvtoxcarl

Hey im sorry i won't be able to purchase this comic. I haven't had the cash and plus it turns out my son already has this comic so i apologize for the inconvenience

"I haven't had the cash ($25)" = don't buy anything online, or anywhere else for that matter

ebay user galvtoxcarl

:facepalm: cant stand people like that

carvinsrs246 1306 good feedback - Member since: Mar-24-00 in United States

Won a $40 item in closing hours of auction (only bidder).

Invoice sent right away after auction ended, multiple invoices sent over 10 days.

After reporting him as non-paying bidder I get this message:

I most regretfully need to request a cancelation of my unpaid auctions. Health reasons are requiring me to take well over a 6 to 8 week hiatus from buying or selling anything on eBay. I understand the trouble this causes you but I truly hope we can do business in the near future.

Again, very sorry for this inconvenience,

Peter

How does a guy get health issues in just a few hours after winning something? :screwy:

I would have left a neg but I re-listed right away after getting my FVF back and the item disappeared from the MyeBay page and the link to leave feedback is gone.

:(

I recently had a semi-regular do almost the exact same thing.

Except his excuse was he had placed the bid and one for a fellow work employee who then "changed his mind."

$37 win. No big whoop. But I blocked him anyway.

It helps weed out the intolerables.

And in about a day or two, I'm going to have to add a board member to this list.

Won an item, no response to email, PM, or eBay non-paying bidder alert.

Part of me isn't surprised, he's a regular "tire-kicker" here on the boards.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZAP-1-2nd-printing-1968-Don-Donahue-edition-CGC-9-4-/261698932494?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

I've never, in 17+ years on eBay, heard of "no sales to this specific state" (in this case, California.)

I wonder why...

hm

I assume if you sell to someone in the same state you live you may be required to collect and pay sales tax.