• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

This thread will be about my journey to the million dollar comic and the struggles, failures and successes that come with it since many boardies requested it I will not longer post my transactions but try what revat said :). I also have a bunch of inspirational people two of them being Walt Disney and Steve Jobs because I want to be the next rags to riches story not to the degree of Steve Jobs or Walt Disney but I want to make a million dollars buying and selling a comic and making enough money with this venture to never again say I can't afford something :)

Thoughts and plans

Sell my comics

Sell IH 180 CGC 5.0

Milestones I want to reach

Get my first four figure sale

I am also in this thread for the long run!

Me too.

I haven't been following the social news here much.

Is this one of the new people that are self important jerks?

I am also in this thread for the long run!

Me too.

I haven't been following the social news here much.

Is this one of the new people that are self important jerks?

haha just a guy trying to break 5 generations of poverty :)

Gabriel,

If you are indeed going to share this journey/information, I would suggest that you consider locating your thread over in the CGC Journal area rather than here in CG...the Journal forum is designed for us to have a relatively butthurt-free area to chronicle our various comic-related journeys:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=84&page=1

2c

Best,

Ed

Gabriel,

If you are indeed going to share this journey/information, I would suggest that you consider locating your thread over in the CGC Journal area rather than here in CG...the Journal forum is designed for us to have a relatively butthurt-free area to chronicle our various comic-related journeys:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=84&page=1

2c

Best,

Ed

+1

If you are going to disclose this stuff in CG, I'd also consider posting some over/under odds on the thread being locked. - oh, and good luck! Doing the buy/sell thing is fun.

Of course its up to you, and perhaps this is a clever marketing strategy, but posting your purchase prices will likely affect your future ability to collect a maximum price when you attempt to sell your wares.

Of course its up to you, and perhaps this is a clever marketing strategy, but posting your purchase prices will likely affect your future ability to collect a maximum price when you attempt to sell your wares.

I agree. I like the idea of reading about how you go through the process, but in my business experience, disclosing your margins isn't appropriate. You may not see it now, but as you find success in your endeavors, I think you'll see that letting everyone know the inner-workings of your business might do more unseen harm than good.

8 8