• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,839 posts in this topic

People.... it's here and it's BEAUTIFUL!!!

1zbcprm.jpg

I just grabbed the closest comic I had nearby so that you could see the size of it for a comparison. The stock is thick and glossy which makes the colors jump off the page. Here's the "thank you" section (I'm Jamie, BTW):

21ua8m.jpg

Edited by pmpknface

Here are a couple I picked up recently. Pretty easy to find these sigs.

TopLoveStories8_zpsb41087a4.jpg

Great copy! Took me a long time to find this one. Where'd you snag it from? Metropolis???

Congrats on the pickups! :headbang:

Thanks and yes, this one was a Metro.

I've had too many "it took me a long time to find this one" books, but this one just stood out while I was looking for other books.

1zbcprm.jpg

I just grabbed the closest comic I had nearby so that you could see the size of it for a comparison. The stock is thick and glossy which makes the colors jump off the page. Here's the "thank you" section (I'm Jamie, BTW):

21ua8m.jpg

What are the odds that there would be 3 Brian's and one of the others names would have to be right next to mine... doh!

Looks nice, can't wait to get mine.

1zbcprm.jpg

21ua8m.jpg

Nice Jamie and thank you for helping make the book possible. Now, I need to order a copy.

Nice. I'll count myself as being half on the list, since I've scanned & uploaded more than a few books with Cole covers to the Digital Comic Museum. Need to get myself a copy one of these days soon as well...

1zbcprm.jpg

21ua8m.jpg

1zbcprm.jpg

21ua8m.jpg

:applause: Beautiful book; what an awesome lump of Cole! That bad-boy should be under everyone's tree this year. (thumbs u

1zbcprm.jpg

21ua8m.jpg

I got to look through one of these today. It is absolutely beautiful inside. I'm regretting not buying it now. So I guess I'll have to wait and hope it isn't sold by the time I get to my LCS at lunch on Monday.

Not sure if these are in the Fantagraphics book or not. The Living Bible #1-3 is a small run and not particularly easy to get in grade. Especially the Chaplains book. As a genre, religious is one of the most obscure and collectors are few but they are feisty.

Bonus book at the end for the faithful since we're on the subject - Catholic Pictorial, a one shot. Though it's not a Cole, it does contain some Toth art, and it is rare.

LivingBible01fc100_zps73d0e7f2.jpg

LivingBible02fc100_zps0a7d84c6.jpg

LivingBible03fc100_zpsd906b8e2.jpg

CatholicPictorial01fc100_zpsb83e076e.jpg

You know I love that FSR #1! The colors and the detail are awesome. Even the logo is cool.

The bible books are on page #148 of the Fantagraphics book. Yeah, they are tough in grade - especially the #3! These are some of my favorites because of the style with the thicker lines. You have some killer copies, again! Thanks for the bonus book too. Never seen that one. Great cover!