• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold 1-24 CLUB
2 2

121 posts in this topic

001-2.jpg

Do you want to trade against my River City 7.5? lol

Cover colors are likely better on yours. I do want to buy some of the Silent Knight books in this thread though! (worship)

I don't like my copy to much.

You're right, there are some really nice books in this thread and I wouldn't mind to get my hands on a few of them either.

Beautiful books, folks!

Man, I love these pre-hero B&Bs. It's great to see other people that share an interest in this little niche. There aren't as many of us as Spidey collectors, but it's good to have a tidy little group of us that like these books for all the right reasons!

Post away!!

bnb12.jpg

Anybody know anything about the Ohio collection?

I'm wondering if that date pen in the #12 comes from the same hand as the #8. I got my #7 and #8 from the same person and they were both supposed to be Ohio copies (as I recall) even though I don't see that same date mark on the #7. The date mark on the #12 looks similar. The pedigree doesn't really have any significance. It's more interesting to think of it as being reunited with its OO group.

Chris Foss had a pile of Ohio's several years back..... he might be able to shed some light. I always liked 'ole Chris..... miss seing him at the shows around here. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Brave-and-The-Bold-1956-10-cent-Comic-Mega-Lot-/181598695595?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2a482030ab

Did any of you boardies get one of these very fair priced lots on e-bay last month? there was three lots of six early brave and bold each;

I picked up the last one left which included 15,16,17,18,20,22 and they average VG so I am please but I wish I could have gotten all three lots as that would have been 75% of the whole 1-24 run !!

What the... :screwy:

Has there been any increase in value on number 1? or are there so few sales of decent copies?

The single highest graded #1 (8.0) sold for almost the same price, $2620, back in 2012. I'm not sure if it has sold since then.

These issues are tough to find in 9.0+, but that price really surprised me. I do agree with bb, that it's nice to see these pre-hero issues get some solid bidding.