• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

This is very surprising. This is the first bad thing I've heard about Joel Elad. I met Joel back in 2009 and saw him as recently as Baltimore Comic Con this year where he was volunteering for the Hero Initiative. I've bought several books from him over the years and handled a few signature series books for him as well. Payment and shipping has always been prompt and packaging has never been a problem. Joel has always been a solid buyer, seller, and all around good person as far as I've known him.

Perhaps he can chime in and hopefully clear some things up. :wishluck:

Yes that would be nice. Like I admitted, I wasn't the easiest person to deal with, but being new on eBay, I wasn't too aware of protocol. He was a pretty big jerk to me.

I can understand an accident happening once or twice concerning a book slipping through the cracks... but his feedback is reflecting this as an ongoing occurrence.

I personally feel if something is up for auction... and it sells... then it should be waiting to be sent to the buyer. It shouldn't be sold xxx amount of days earlier, and if it was, the auction could have been canceled before it ended.

Just looks like he doesn't want to pay to have reserve price and then when the merch doesn't get the price it "should"... it somehow ends up sold before the auction ended (shrug)

That LOOKS like bad business... and that IS bad business :tonofbricks:

Going to add onto this by stating that the ebay member above, lifeiswhatyoumakeit2012, has a secondary ebay account under the ebay name of joel.elad .

http://www.ebay.com/usr/joel.elad?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

He is also a member here on the boards under his name Joel Elad.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=12359

Yeah, I don't know what you are talking about, but "lifeiswhatyoumakeit2012" is NOT my eBay account. I have the one account, joel.elad, that I've had since 1996. I'm not sure where you're getting your information, but it's incorrect. My original eBay id was elad@best.com, then elad_best_com (when eBay said e-mail addresses weren't allowed anymore), then joel.elad.

I bought from Joel Elad once. Wasn't very impressive.

I wasn't the best shopper at the time either, only had limited experience with eBay, left him a neg for poor shipping. He tore into me and vowed never to sell me anything again, and that I would be missing out cause word would get out and no one will ever want to sell to me.

Not such a big shot after all, eh?

Once again, you are grossly misstating what happened, or you are interpreting it as badly as possible. This is the word-for-word response I gave you when you slammed me with two bad feedbacks and then asked me to leave you feedback (which, as a seller, only can be positive feedback):

I understand your request to reciprocate on the feedback issue, but the only feedback you are going to get is the following: In the future, when you have a problem with a seller, it is highly recommend to talk to the seller first instead of running to the feedback forum to complain about the situation. In many cases, the seller would be happy to correct the situation, hopefully to your satisfaction, as they probably would not know there was a problem unless you notify them.

I am sorry that combining 2 comics into 1 bag and board offended you so much, it was not my intention. I would have been happy to mail you replacement copies, send you money for bags/boards/inconvenience fee, or honestly, if you really pushed, I probably would've refunded your entire purchase price and let you keep the comics free of charge. I am not sure if you felt that it was your sworn duty to "warn" the other buyers about me with the feedback you left, or you were just shocked at the situation. Honestly, I have done this before, and you are the first buyer in my selling history to complain about the practice to this extent. I understand this doesn't change the situation but I mention it only to give you an idea of where I'm coming from.

The way eBay works, I can only leave you positive feedback for this transaction, and I am not interested in doing that. Your feedback has already resulted in lost sales, and I will continue to lose potential sales for months. Feedback is an optional process and I am not required to leave feedback. If that upsets you, I apologize. Please look to other sellers in the future for your comic needs. Good day.

Thank you again for trying to ruin my sales, you are a trooper!

I bought from Joel Elad once. Wasn't very impressive.

I wasn't the best shopper at the time either, only had limited experience with eBay, left him a neg for poor shipping. He tore into me and vowed never to sell me anything again, and that I would be missing out cause word would get out and no one will ever want to sell to me.

Not such a big shot after all, eh?

Once again, you are grossly misstating what happened, or you are interpreting it as badly as possible. This is the word-for-word response I gave you when you slammed me with two bad feedbacks and then asked me to leave you feedback (which, as a seller, only can be positive feedback):

I understand your request to reciprocate on the feedback issue, but the only feedback you are going to get is the following: In the future, when you have a problem with a seller, it is highly recommend to talk to the seller first instead of running to the feedback forum to complain about the situation. In many cases, the seller would be happy to correct the situation, hopefully to your satisfaction, as they probably would not know there was a problem unless you notify them.

I am sorry that combining 2 comics into 1 bag and board offended you so much, it was not my intention. I would have been happy to mail you replacement copies, send you money for bags/boards/inconvenience fee, or honestly, if you really pushed, I probably would've refunded your entire purchase price and let you keep the comics free of charge. I am not sure if you felt that it was your sworn duty to "warn" the other buyers about me with the feedback you left, or you were just shocked at the situation. Honestly, I have done this before, and you are the first buyer in my selling history to complain about the practice to this extent. I understand this doesn't change the situation but I mention it only to give you an idea of where I'm coming from.

The way eBay works, I can only leave you positive feedback for this transaction, and I am not interested in doing that. Your feedback has already resulted in lost sales, and I will continue to lose potential sales for months. Feedback is an optional process and I am not required to leave feedback. If that upsets you, I apologize. Please look to other sellers in the future for your comic needs. Good day.

Thank you again for trying to ruin my sales, you are a trooper!

Sigh....Not trying to ruin anything. Just stated you are a jerk. That much hasn't changed I see.

I apologize for viewing you in that light. I was pretty upset to find a book in the same sleeve as another book. That isn't classy. You corrected me, quite accurately, that the stance I took was harsh. I've learned from this transaction, so I thank you for that.

Sorry you feel that way, and again, sorry that you didn't have a good transaction. I was upset, your feedback led to lower sales and cost me money. Actually, that transaction led me to really make sure everything gets bagged and boarded separately for my eBay transactions, so you did make a difference. Thanks.

Sorry you feel that way, and again, sorry that you didn't have a good transaction. I was upset, your feedback led to lower sales and cost me money. Actually, that transaction led me to really make sure everything gets bagged and boarded separately for my eBay transactions, so you did make a difference. Thanks.

K. Well, we both learned a good lesson from it, and I don't harbor you any ill will. Never have. I sincerely apologize for my mistake, I should have contacted you. I was new.

I wouldn't punish a seller for putting two books in one bag/board especially if its helps add more protection to the comics. Its very beneficial in flat rates shipping overseas as well. Even in the US if you are buying say 12 books and are going flat rate it makes a big difference. By putting two books in one say SA board and bag it can allow you to slide in another piece of cardboard.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Well it wasn't overseas and one book was signed. I just thought a little more respect would be considered, especially for what I paid.

Anyways. Matter is now closed to me. He made a very acceptable apology and it was what it was.

eBay bidder hollijth-36zcliw2u made me a $179.99 offer on that X-Men #94, I accepted it, and so far, that person hasn't paid. I don't know why the bidder would send you an e-mail about it. I guess I should open up an Unpaid Item report, are you saying it's a fake bidder? Thanks for the heads up.

eBay bidder hollijth-36zcliw2u made me a $179.99 offer on that X-Men #94, I accepted it, and so far, that person hasn't paid. I don't know why the bidder would send you an e-mail about it. I guess I should open up an Unpaid Item report, are you saying it's a fake bidder? Thanks for the heads up.

Looks like it Joel. Obviously this guy is trying a fast one.

My apologies... I will edit the above since you are a victim in this as well.

xxx ooo

Rupp

So he tried to claim to be joel to cover up the old i lost it cause it didnt sell for what I thought it would ploy?

Weak

Beware , this fake account: allbar-kivajtn it was created yesterday 01/12/2014

He brought a Hawkman 4 from me and of course i am still waiting for payment

Why its fake?

As i told you it was created just yesterday and the name of the buyer is : Barry Allen

Just received my final fee credit , i insist block this clown : allbar-kivajtn

Add carmgeof to your lists. He won one of my auctions and asked me to give him some extra time to pay for his item. I said no problem. Over two weeks later, I messaged him to ask him about when he'd be paying. Days went by without a response, so I had to open an unpaid item case with eBay.