• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America Comics #1 Club
14 14

1,547 posts in this topic

Members of the Captain America Comics #1 Club as of 12/4/14:

5 CGC Universal copies, 2 CGC Restored copies and 4 raw copes.

CGC Universal:

9.4 (OW); sartre (11)

7.0 (OW/W); Moetown (8)

5.0 (OW/W); Jaydogrules (28)

5.0 (OW); Ihcomics (1)

3.5 (LT/OW); Ameri (5)

CGC Restored:

7.0 (CRM/OW)--Extensive (P); AnkurJ (1)

0.5 (SB); Wayne-Tec (1)

Raw Copies:

buttock (1)

gadzukes (3)

geofan (7)

Junkdrawer (9)

Edited by Wayne-Tec

Big time congrats Jay.

Club members updated. (thumbs u

You're copy is fantastic, with incredible PQ to boot.

You were probably wise to pick it up before Age of Ultron and Cap 3 hit theaters.

A restored .5 on CC with slightly brittle pages and a missing centerfold recently sold for over $16,000 so, needless to say the book's hot.

Big time congrats Jay.

Club members updated. (thumbs u

You're copy is fantastic, with incredible PQ to boot.

You were probably wise to pick it up before Age of Ultron and Cap 3 hit theaters.

A restored .5 on CC with slightly brittle pages and a missing centerfold recently sold for over $16,000 so, needless to say the book's hot.

Thanks wayne-tec, I'm in good company. First new member in 17 pages. :banana: Glad I finally bit the bullet on one. It really was one of those "now or never" situations. :luhv:

Damn that is a strong price for a .5 restored, especially with that 6.5 mod still being available at the time on ebay for $24.5k (now also sold). Glad I already had Greg locked in on price before that auction closed. lol

-J.

Why was I not placed in this club :sumo: I thought I had posted my copy before :taptaptap: Anyways, here it is again. Loving the colors :cloud9:

001-11.jpg

Ah very nice! Where have you been hiding that beauty? Another member of the "5.0 Sub-club". lol

-J.

Anything higher than a 5.0 is tough :grin: I know I've posted it before somewhere. I could have sworn I posted in the club thread (shrug)

Why was I not placed in this club :sumo: I thought I had posted my copy before :taptaptap: Anyways, here it is again. Loving the colors :cloud9:

001-11.jpg

Wow! nice comic. Cap 1 5.0 club is now maxed out at 3 members.

With the 2 recent sales of 6.0 and 6.5 on Heritage at strong prices this comic is a solid investment. I thought it was a mistake to have 2 Cap 1's in same auction so close in grade but both went for strong prices.

I hear ya' Leroy on the (2) Cap-1 HA results and you made me lol with the "5.0" club being now maxed out at 3-members...

I wonder if the detached CF affected the final strike price on the 6.5 (as it was a pretty book)? I know it seems like a silly question but the book went for a strong price still, imo.

Hope all is well...

Edited by Moetown

001-11.jpg

Wow! nice comic. Cap 1 5.0 club is now maxed out at 3 members.

With the 2 recent sales of 6.0 and 6.5 on Heritage at strong prices this comic is a solid investment. I thought it was a mistake to have 2 Cap 1's in same auction so close in grade but both went for strong prices.

Thanks Leroy! I actually had two copies at one point, this one and a 2.5 which I sold through CC. That book exceeded my expectations. This book is hot and all I can see is growth :banana:

Members of the Captain America Comics #1 Club as of 12/5/14:

6 CGC Universal copies, 2 CGC Restored copies and 3 raw copes.

CGC Universal:

9.4 (OW); sartre (11)

7.0 (OW/W); Moetown (8)

5.0 (OW/W); Jaydogrules (28)

5.0 (OW); Ihcomics (1)

5.0 (OW); Dark Knight (29)

3.5 (LT/OW); Ameri (5)

CGC Restored:

7.0 (CRM/OW)--Extensive (P); AnkurJ (1)

0.5 (SB); Wayne-Tec (1)

Raw Copies:

buttock (1)

gadzukes (3)

geofan (7)

Edited by Wayne-Tec

Thanks wayne-tec, I'm in good company. First new member in 17 pages. :banana: Glad I finally bit the bullet on one. It really was one of those "now or never" situations. :luhv:

Damn that is a strong price for a .5 restored, especially with that 6.5 mod still being available at the time on ebay for $24.5k (now also sold). Glad I already had Greg locked in on price before that auction closed. lol

-J.

As the years pass, Cap #1 has become harder and harder to obtain.

Even when multiple copies are offered in the same auction, the prices continue to be strong. To own a copy in any condition is an achievement, much less one as nice as yours, Dark Knight's and the rest of the copies shared in this thread.

-J.

As the years pass, Cap #1 has become harder and harder to obtain.

Even when multiple copies are offered in the same auction, the prices continue to be strong. To own a copy in any condition is an achievement, much less one as nice as yours, Dark Knight's and the rest of the copies shared in this thread.

(thumbs u

-J.

Looks like the .5 Blue sold a few auctions ago by CC is no more. There are zero on the census. Anyone know what happened to it? My guess is they found a centerfold and it is now one of the Qualified's?? (I wasn't keep track of the green labels)

Looks like the .5 Blue sold a few auctions ago by CC is no more. There are zero on the census. Anyone know what happened to it? My guess is they found a centerfold and it is now one of the Qualified's?? (I wasn't keep track of the green labels)

This happened to it:

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3DCaptain%2BAmerica%2B1%26x%3D21%26y%3D1%26ItemType%3DCB&id=1023793

-J.