• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

i guess not just supergirl but now we are also getting KRYPTON TV Series Confirmed For SyFy; Logo & Details Revealed "From Warner Horizon Television and DC Comics, Krypton takes place years before the Superman legend we know, when the House of El was shamed and ostracized. This drama follows the Man of Steel's grandfather as he brings hope and equality to Krypton, turning a planet in disarray into one worthy of giving birth to the greatest Super Hero ever known."not just that but Geoff Johns Tweet this out

@kyler416 We shoot the pilot next year!

— Geoff Johns (@geoffjohns) December 8, 2014

i need more proof before i think she's the right person hm

Have you not watched her brilliant acting as a magical mermaid in H2O??? She can really wield her powers :D

Just to clarify, my girls love the show (and mermaids), so I've been forced to sit through the entire series.

Edited by CrocHntr

I'm not sure how accurate this news is right now. Nobody else has reported it yet.

Has CBS Found Its Supergirl?

-------------------

Gemma who is lined up for a role in the UK Soap Emmerdale role. But if she cops the cape, that won’t happen. A source close to her said: “Gemma is a huge fan of comic books so this is something she’d jump at. It will make her huge Stateside.

“She said next year will be her best yet whatever happens. If she gets Supergirl it will be amazing or if she begins working on Emmerdale that will be great too.”

-------------------

Gemma-Atkinson8.jpg

What would be the best modern age story of Supergirl to read? I've read the Batman/Superman story where she gets "reintroduced."

Is there a better story? Was her subsequent book any good? It had some pretty talented creators.

The trouble with Supergirl was her origins were all over the place during her last volume. There were some decent issues mind you, but it was too uneven of a run.

During Volume 3, I loved #51-80, especially "Many Happy Returns" #75-80.

The Superman Adventures gave us a rip-roaring #21 introduction issue, which was a sequel to Animated Supergirl's first appearance on the Superman Adventures TV show. She battles the Phantom Zone criminals alone. The second half of her character's arc is covered in issue #39. Although, aimed for more younger readers, I thought it was her best exploits to date.

The trouble with Supergirl was her origins were all over the place during her last volume. There were some decent issues mind you, but it was too uneven of a run.

The Superman Adventures gave us a rip-roaring #21 introduction issue, which was a sequel to Animated Supergirl's first appearance on the Superman Adventures TV show. She battles the Phantom Zone criminals alone. The second half of her character's arc is covered in issue #39. Although, aimed for more younger readers, I thought it was her best exploits to date.

I had a feeling you would know.

:applause:

What would be the best modern age story of Supergirl to read? I've read the Batman/Superman story where she gets "reintroduced."

Is there a better story? Was her subsequent book any good? It had some pretty talented creators.

Thanks (thumbs u

The Loeb volume isn't any good?

It's pretty good, but the book rapidly deterioates when completed.

There were books like #10, where it becomes like Mean Girls in high school, that were fun. or #11, where she drawn like jailbait as she brings down pirates. But, her universe gets a bit too crazy for my tastes after #17. I swear you have to be drunk to understand #19. lol

She's been great in other books, she teams up with Damian to investigate a series of deaths in Superman/Batman #77. The Superman: Braniac arc was pretty good, they even made cool animated movie from it "Superman Unbound".

She had a cool villian role in the Superman Adventures #30-31, in an alternate universe. Not in costume though.

I don't know if you have wee ones, but in Justice League Unlimited #7 she goes up against Darkseid and #16 had nifty story about a villian trying to make it home for Christmas she's trying to stop. In #20, she trains Mary Marvel.

I just love the character.

Robb's at the perfect age. I've followed work her after her promising start in "Spy School" (reminded me of Alba in Flipper and P.U.N.K.S.). I thought she would have made an amazing Kiki Strike at the time, if those books had been turned into movies. But, with "Soul Surfer" a few years ago, she showed a lot range too. Atkinson, is just too sexy for the role, I've always thought Supergirl should have a bit of innocence (that Helen Slater showed), that Clark/Bruce/Diana wanted to protect while their enemies wanted to corrupt as a weakness. My 2c

Robb's at the perfect age. I've followed work her after her promising start in "Spy School" (reminded me of Alba in Flipper and P.U.N.K.S.). I thought she would have made an amazing Kiki Strike at the time, if those books had been turned into movies. But, with "Soul Surfer" a few years ago, she showed a lot range too. Atkinson, is just too sexy for the role, I've always thought Supergirl should have a bit of innocence (that Helen Slater showed), that Clark/Bruce/Diana wanted to protect while their enemies wanted to corrupt as a weakness. My 2c
yeah i do think Robb's is perfect age and has what it takes to give different levels of acting. for Atkinson everybody in the comments say she's more Powergirl then Supergirl which i do agree.