• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

not sure what I am going to do as far as feedback. I've ever given a negative to someone before. Perhaps I go the neutral route and tell buyers to be aware that his shipping prices do not reflect and degree of care whatsoever. Maybe a note about undisclosed damage/poor grading too. Maybe I do nothing. I am telling the people who matter-- this board. And if you happen to be this guy, you should be ashamed of how you sell and send books.

The seller sold you grossly over-graded books and shipped them in a half-assed manner while at the same time charging a shipping cost that is not in line with services received. What more could a seller do that would warrant a negative feedback outside of stealing your money and shipping you a box of rocks?

It isn't all that hard to differentiate a lazy no-good seller from a seller who has made an honest mistake. The latter deserves the opportunity to make it right, the former does not.

I have found that some times there is a worthy fight and other times not so much. I have also run into people on eBay who get vindictive as all hell and use tons of new accounts/friends accounts to attack all your items. It makes life real tough dealing with those people. So I take it pretty carefully when it comes to how I handle an eBay feedback. Like I said-- I wanted too spread the word for those who follow this thread.

And not to pile on but a few of the books had the Marvel Value stamps ripped out of them (not cut neatly even) along with numerous holes, stains, dents, fading, etc -- quarter bin books-- woo hoo -- so at best this guy should have used the words "READERS COPIES", not 5.0

anyway... I have time to do something if I really care but I doubt I will get too much more involved than commenting on very poorly packaged and over charging for shipping. He probably has hurting sales enough from terrible pictures and poor grading ability.

here are some images of the what SUPERIOR packing looks like:

73rM6ojl.jpg

I5Rvgpfl.jpg

Qm1rKu9l.jpg

not sure what I am going to do as far as feedback. I've ever given a negative to someone before. Perhaps I go the neutral route and tell buyers to be aware that his shipping prices do not reflect and degree of care whatsoever. Maybe a note about undisclosed damage/poor grading too. Maybe I do nothing. I am telling the people who matter-- this board. And if you happen to be this guy, you should be ashamed of how you sell and send books.

The seller sold you grossly over-graded books and shipped them in a half-assed manner while at the same time charging a shipping cost that is not in line with services received. What more could a seller do that would warrant a negative feedback outside of stealing your money and shipping you a box of rocks?

It isn't all that hard to differentiate a lazy no-good seller from a seller who has made an honest mistake. The latter deserves the opportunity to make it right, the former does not.

I have found that some times there is a worthy fight and other times not so much. I have also run into people on eBay who get vindictive as all hell and use tons of new accounts/friends accounts to attack all your items. It makes life real tough dealing with those people. So I take it pretty carefully when it comes to how I handle an eBay feedback. Like I said-- I wanted too spread the word for those who follow this thread.

And not to pile on but a few of the books had the Marvel Value stamps ripped out of them (not cut neatly even) along with numerous holes, stains, dents, fading, etc -- quarter bin books-- woo hoo -- so at best this guy should have used the words "READERS COPIES", not 5.0

anyway... I have time to do something if I really care but I doubt I will get too much more involved than commenting on very poorly packaged and over charging for shipping. He probably has hurting sales enough from terrible pictures and poor grading ability.

73rM6ojl.jpg

I5Rvgpfl.jpg

Qm1rKu9l.jpg

For what it's worth, I contacted the seller about my package and explained to him how he should properly pack comics in a large envelope. Here is his response:

"Glad to hear the package was alright. I will be sure to package items better moving forward. Regards,

- greywolfathome"

I was very cordial when I first contacted him so maybe he will actually start packing the comic better in the future. :wishluck:

73rM6ojl.jpg

I5Rvgpfl.jpg

Qm1rKu9l.jpg

For what it's worth, I contacted the seller about my package and explained to him how he should properly pack comics in a large envelope. Here is his response:

"Glad to hear the package was alright. I will be sure to package items better moving forward. Regards,

- greywolfathome"

I was very cordial when I first contacted him so maybe he will actually start packing the comic better in the future. :wishluck:

I also found the seller very accommodating in terms of communication. They asked for more advise on shipping etc so hopefully between the two of us, he will improve this area-- for the sake of his seller rating as well as the books themselves.

I am changing my AVOID to a qualified CAUTION warning.

:news: Iwalktheline76 additional shill eBay name added. :news:

New blocked seller: comicsbeyond

f**k is one busy bidder.

Some additional information on this eBay shiller that board member Bio-Rupp first caught and alerted us to in this thread.

At that point, his eBay I.D. and his Forum I.D. were the same....iwalktheline76....and his eBay shill account was identified by eBay's system then as....f***k.

Since he was caught, he has changed all three of these in an attempt to conceal what was revealed in the earlier thread.

* His main eBay account located here was just changed from iwalktheline76 to comicsbeyond.

* His eBay shill account now shows up as _***a instead of f***k in the feedback he left for his main account...which indicates he changed it as well.

* His forum name was also changed here from iwalktheline76 to IntoAnother.

Just an update on the forum member and known eBay shiller/scammer formerly known as iwalktheline76.

After he changed his board name from iwalktheline76 to IntoAnother...he appears to have blended back into the forum and actively buys and sells on the boards under that name.

Also...as soon as his eBay shilling was caught and outed on the forum here back in May...he quickly changed his eBay I.D. from iwalktheline76 to comicsbeyond...he then changed it again a few months later to krs.2008 in an effort to cover his tracks.

I have another Winner

spider_web_comics

won an auction and then wanted to cancel after it ends an hour later.

Also gave me lowball offers and tries to convince you that your overpriced (going on for 2 months)

If I was overpriced, how come he couldn't find someone else to buy it from.

Now this buyer got the price he wanted from me and doesn't want it.

Giving you guys a heads up - eBay ID: qlrick or R. Weissmann

Bought a comic with an undisclosed restoration - a major no no in my books. He's appears to be a reputable seller but won't give me any explanation as to why the resto was not disclosed. Waste of time and money (return shipping at my cost). This is a reminder why I need to stop buying books on eBay.

Here's a sample of his resto work.

8f0ddc69-a126-4db2-9d8f-813a2ec0ce66_zpsa0f678a1.jpg

af5fe4b7-138d-428e-bb51-030f43eab322_zps02667f64.jpg

There's a sloppy tear seal as well.

Here's another buyer for the books:

phillobeddoe78

Buyer came in last 15 seconds of auction and then sent the below message mere moments later:

Sorryhad an issue plz contact me thanks

We did all the steps that eBay suggests: contact buyer, exchange phone information.

Well...name and email and phone did not match.

Finally closed case tonight after 6 days of waiting. Good grief.

Avoid this ebay seller...

lifeiswhatyoumakeit2012

Won a X94 slab (4.5) last night at a fair price based on current GPA and I get an email from the fellow to not pay for it since "he doesn't have it anymore.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261671341475?_trksid=p2060778.m2748.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I don't care for this type of selling... so there is no reason you should either, block this gent fast. Note his feedback is starting to reflect his selling practices. He will have another neg on there as soon as the mandatory 7 days elapse and I can throw one on there too.

xxx ooo

Rupp

I've had a few non-payers the past couple of weeks...here's the latest..

marygarsan

I might have another one currently but it's only been 3 days since the auction was won, however, i'm seeing feedback from other sellers that they are non-payment so I'm expecting to have to escalate it as I've had no communication from them.

aladav_w4fb86gvf

New ebayer who won 2 auctions for $252 total. Never replied while auctions were active to any messages. Never paid after auctions closed.

I have now adjusted my site bidder preferences to block any bidder with 2 unpaid item strikes in last 6 months and also if you are high bidder on any 1 of my auctions and have a feedback of 2 or less you can't bid on another of my items in a 10 day period.

They can contact me about this and I can lift the restriction for them. I feel if they can communicate then they have a good probability of paying.

aladav_w4fb86gvf

New ebayer who won 2 auctions for $252 total. Never replied while auctions were active to any messages. Never paid after auctions closed.

I have now adjusted my site bidder preferences to block any bidder with 2 unpaid item strikes in last 6 months and also if you are high bidder on any 1 of my auctions and have a feedback of 2 or less you can't bid on another of my items in a 10 day period.

They can contact me about this and I can lift the restriction for them. I feel if they can communicate then they have a good probability of paying.

How did you do this? I'm plagued by non-payers right now!

EDIT: never mind, I've figured it out :)

Edited by Aaron_

aladav_w4fb86gvf

How did you do this? I'm plagued by non-payers right now!

Its under the seller settings.

I bought from Joel Elad once. Wasn't very impressive.

I wasn't the best shopper at the time either, only had limited experience with eBay, left him a neg for poor shipping. He tore into me and vowed never to sell me anything again, and that I would be missing out cause word would get out and no one will ever want to sell to me.

Not such a big shot after all, eh?

This is very surprising. This is the first bad thing I've heard about Joel Elad. I met Joel back in 2009 and saw him as recently as Baltimore Comic Con this year where he was volunteering for the Hero Initiative. I've bought several books from him over the years and handled a few signature series books for him as well. Payment and shipping has always been prompt and packaging has never been a problem. Joel has always been a solid buyer, seller, and all around good person as far as I've known him.

Perhaps he can chime in and hopefully clear some things up. :wishluck:

This is very surprising. This is the first bad thing I've heard about Joel Elad. I met Joel back in 2009 and saw him as recently as Baltimore Comic Con this year where he was volunteering for the Hero Initiative. I've bought several books from him over the years and handled a few signature series books for him as well. Payment and shipping has always been prompt and packaging has never been a problem. Joel has always been a solid buyer, seller, and all around good person as far as I've known him.

Perhaps he can chime in and hopefully clear some things up. :wishluck:

Yes that would be nice. Like I admitted, I wasn't the easiest person to deal with, but being new on eBay, I wasn't too aware of protocol. He was a pretty big jerk to me.