• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Marvel Value Stamp club
4 4

246 posts in this topic

I just sold a beautiful copy (9.6 for sure) of Series A for $245 on eBay.

Is this about right or too low/high?

Sounds fair dinkum, by all means. :grin:

If it is a value stamp booklet we are talking about I think the price is a little on the low side. Is it a completely filled with stamps book or partial? Is it an empty book?

I personally value the empty booklet higher than the full one as it is far more rare.

I have read this thread with interest. I could never bring myself to cut one of these out back when I was buying these books new.

I just picked up a collection with a Subby 72 3.5 or so (Galactus MVS 100). If anyone needs it for their MVS run, LMK and you can have it for the price of shipping.

I have read this thread with interest. I could never bring myself to cut one of these out back when I was buying these books new.

I just picked up a collection with a Subby 72 3.5 or so (Galactus MVS 100). If anyone needs it for their MVS run, LMK and you can have it for the price of shipping.

I could never clip these either. It is why my collection is all of the stamps in the original comicbooks still and an un-filled marvel stamp booklet. (thumbs u

A picture is listed here --> Yo

That's a butt ugly poster. Why not a Third Eye poster after buying and ruining all those comics.

that Spidey poster would be sort of rare/scarce? I have NEVER seen one for sale. Why would Marvel sell a poster made in the UK?

It is impossibly rare. I have never seen one for sale in 10 years.

And I agree, it is awfully ugly.

Yeah I had never seen it before. Is that the Electric Company Spidey? Not sure when he was on the show but know it was at least the mid 70s, maybe earlier.

is a drawing in color of the Spiderman costume used in the TV show from 1977. The Electric Co. costume had different eyes.

Thanks - I thought of the TV show but knew it was later.

Still ugly and I would still love to have one in my collection lol

the infamous poster for sale on Ebay.... $795.00 starting bid

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-MARVEL-VALUE-STAMP-BOOK-PROMOTIONAL-SPIDERMAN-POSTER-Marvelmania-FOOM-/181603139219?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a4863fe93

A picture is listed here --> Yo

That's a butt ugly poster. Why not a Third Eye poster after buying and ruining all those comics.

that Spidey poster would be sort of rare/scarce? I have NEVER seen one for sale. Why would Marvel sell a poster made in the UK?

It is impossibly rare. I have never seen one for sale in 10 years.

And I agree, it is awfully ugly.

Yeah I had never seen it before. Is that the Electric Company Spidey? Not sure when he was on the show but know it was at least the mid 70s, maybe earlier.

is a drawing in color of the Spiderman costume used in the TV show from 1977. The Electric Co. costume had different eyes.

Thanks - I thought of the TV show but knew it was later.

Still ugly and I would still love to have one in my collection lol

the infamous poster for sale on Ebay.... $795.00 starting bid

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-MARVEL-VALUE-STAMP-BOOK-PROMOTIONAL-SPIDERMAN-POSTER-Marvelmania-FOOM-/181603139219?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a4863fe93

Yep, the infamous overcharge. meh

I finally got around to putting my complete Marvel Value Stamp collection of stamp booklet and non-clipped comics into my spinner rack. This is basically my childhood here, the value stamps were from when I was 9 years old to 10. That time was exactly when I got my paper route and started buying comics with my own money. I had most of these back then, but here they are now in their new spinner rack home! Heck maybe a few of these books are from this exact spinner.

I picked up an Astonishing Tales 23 for marvel value stamp 54 Shanna the She-Devil so I don't have to put any of my Hulk 181's in the spinner.

001_zpscge1mizc.jpg

005_zpsvtatjer1.jpg

004_zpsodrvzs8f.jpg

003_zpsgnythl6n.jpg

002_zpszorbvoxc.jpg

MarvelValueStampcollection_zps190a221b.jpg

I finally got around to putting my complete Marvel Value Stamp collection of stamp booklet and non-clipped comics into my spinner rack. This is basically my childhood here, the value stamps were from when I was 9 years old to 10. That time was exactly when I got my paper route and started buying comics with my own money. I had most of these back then, but here they are now in their new spinner rack home! Heck maybe a few of these books are from this exact spinner.

I picked up an Astonishing Tales 23 for marvel value stamp 54 Shanna the She-Devil so I don't have to put any of my Hulk 181's in the spinner.

001_zpscge1mizc.jpg

005_zpsvtatjer1.jpg

004_zpsodrvzs8f.jpg

003_zpsgnythl6n.jpg

002_zpszorbvoxc.jpg

TERRIFIC! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

mm

001_zpscge1mizc.jpg

005_zpsvtatjer1.jpg

004_zpsodrvzs8f.jpg

003_zpsgnythl6n.jpg

002_zpszorbvoxc.jpg

Wow Artboy!! What a Fantastic Display!! (worship)

Any other members of this club? Let's see it!

I have a couple of MVS books and probably own the comic-based stamps several times over, but no way am I assembling them all. :sumo::tonofbricks:lol

As it should be. My collection is unclipped, no way am I cutting any stamps.

Any other members of this club? Let's see it!

I have a couple of MVS books and probably own the comic-based stamps several times over, but no way am I assembling them all. :sumo::tonofbricks:lol

As it should be. My collection is unclipped, no way am I cutting any stamps.

I meant "assembling" as in "dragging out my comics boxes, collating the MVS issues, displaying all the comics, taking photos, etc.".