• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,187 posts in this topic

Thanks guys! Did anyone pick-up any of those higher grade Mystics on Heritage? There were some beautiful books that really jumped in price.

...the jump for the Mystic 18 was...... irritating........ but I'm not going to be a sore loser. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Better a sore loser than a sore winner - that really smarts!

....at 1400 geets, I think I might have been a sore winner lol ....but that stupid comic is the epitome of cool, I guess it's one of a dozen or so that you go to the bank for.... GOD BLESS....

Now silly me; assuming you mean $1400, I thought the discussion was about the original Timely Mystic from the '40's.

Here's my copy, and except for one little flaw, would O/W be VF- NM;

2je356v.jpg

..... that's a nice one.... looks like a fresh, white pager. It has some pretty decent material inside also. GOD BLESS..

....thanks for posting it.

Ive had this Issue #18 for a while... its the Spokane .. pages are crazy white

151281.jpg.9799d2ded6f658841adee318e9e2d895.jpg

(worship)

+ 1.......your books are mind boggling, Sartre...... it's a treat just to find out that some of them even exist like this. I wonder how many Atlas were in the Spokane run..... GOD BLESS...

(worship)

+ 1.......your books posts are mind boggling, Sartre.....

Jimbo -forgive me for messing with your post. I just noticed Sartre has only posted 630 posts. I've posted thousands. But which of us has honestly made more impression?

Sartre has not posted a single book the rest of us would not love to love!

It's nice to see a few high grade Mystic? I love that title. I don't have any high grade books of that title, but this one is a nice mid grade copy with a cool Everett cover.

DSC_0005891x1280_zps5e55ba70.jpg

The Amazing Detective Cases looks really good too. I like the Maneely cover.

Love the Everett cover on the Uncanny Tales 7!

(worship)

+ 1.......your books posts are mind boggling, Sartre.....

Jimbo -forgive me for messing with your post. I just noticed Sartre has only posted 630 posts. I've posted thousands. But which of us has honestly made more impression?

Sartre has not posted a single book the rest of us would not love to love!

Your posts are always substantial my friend..... but I WAS noticing the same thing about Sartre..... seems like there would be more. GOD BLESS....

..... like you say, many of his posts pack quite a punch.

It's nice to see a few high grade Mystic? I love that title. I don't have any high grade books of that title, but this one is a nice mid grade copy with a cool Everett cover.

That's high grade to me.... and a beauty at that. GOD BLESS...

Thank you Jimbo! (thumbs u

Thank you Jimbo! (thumbs u

I'd be dying to pop that one out of the slab, though. That's one I haven't read yet. GOD BLESS...

Me neither.

Popping it out though? I don't know. Only around 10% of my collection is slabbed, but I like to keep them that way. They are easier to sell if I need some cash one day. I will probably stumble upon a beat copy one day.

B.S. (hehe, Before Slabs), I would occasionally run across -what I see you all referring to as an "undercopy"- of an especially collectible book (at least to me), of which I had a somewhat pristine copy, that I worried about depreciating by opening the cover in order to read it from time to time.

So I would purchase the issue in the lesser grade, and that would be my reading copy, with the original then seldom bothered.

I've considered getting these better grade copies slabbed, but worry (prolly needlessly) that I'd never get them back...

B.S. (hehe, Before Slabs), I would occasionally run across -what I see you all referring to as an "undercopy"- of an especially collectible book (at least to me), of which I had a somewhat pristine copy, that I worried about depreciating by opening the cover in order to read it from time to time.

So I would purchase the issue in the lesser grade, and that would be my reading copy, with the original then seldom bothered.

I've considered getting these better grade copies slabbed, but worry (prolly needlessly) that I'd never get them back...

....I've submitted several times..... they always come back... they use registered mail. Sometimes the grades are a little less than I hoped.... sometimes a little more. They stay pretty close..... you should go for it. GOD BLESS...