• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Lego Thread - Yes, Comic Book Related
2 2

408 posts in this topic

I have a number of these things crawling over my desk. Those that know me here know that I have great affinity for the plastic brick, not as something to buy and sell, but as something that should actually be used.

I get a few PM's every now and then concerning LEGO so I know that there is definitely some interest out there.

After I came across an article posted in a few other forums, I figured I would make a post for all the Lego nonsense.

So, for now...I will strictly keep it to Marvel, DC, Star Wars and other licensed posts...

First up... before I go out and take a look around the Thursday madness is that someone spotted something peculiar in Lego's recent video announcement of their next modular house...

In the advertisement they noted the nosecone of a recently rumored 2015 set... After some poking around, supposedly an official set number has been reached for the:

LEGO Helicarrier Marvel Super Heroes 76042

Rumored Price Tag $350

Obviously a set for the adults...

Rumored Lego Helicarrier

LEGO-UCS-Helicarrier.png

First up... before I go out and take a look around the Thursday madness is that someone spotted something peculiar in Lego's recent video announcement of their next modular house...

In the advertisement they noted the nosecone of a recently rumored 2015 set... After some poking around, supposedly an official set number has been reached for the:

LEGO Helicarrier Marvel Super Heroes 76042

Rumored Price Tag $350

Obviously a set for the adults...

Rumored Lego Helicarrier

LEGO-UCS-Helicarrier.png

Nice! (thumbs u A new focus for me...

Thanx for the heads up, Buzz! :)

What is the attraction of Lego? I played with em as a kid but don't have an interest in em unlike comic books.

Because while comic books ask you to get lost in their world, Lego asks you to create the world yourself. If you can envision it and figure out how to best put what you see in your mind together, you can build anything.

Think of it as an artistic medium.

Kav I want you to check this guy's stuff out. His name is Nathan Sawaya.

http://brickartist.com/

I really want the new Lego Batmobile :luhv:

phpookh4k.jpg

Do not be fooled by the speculators on this. This Batmobile may be sold out on Lego.com but is at the Lego Stores. The new store in the Flatiron District in Manhattan had them as did the one in Rockefeller Plaza. However, the prices at Manhattan Lego stores are slightly higher than other Lego stores and their online store.

Loved the bricks growing up. For me there were no plans, just building from the imagination.

We started getting Duplo for our daughter early on and quickly progressed to Lego. I am blown away by all the cool pieces. It's a blast playing with this stuff again. Our Daughter is six now so obviously most of the purchases have been for me or my wife. At six, she is getting to a good age to start piecing sets together by herself - I 'll sit with her and give her a hand if needed. I always try to have a small kit around for a rainy day. I'm hoping for the Millennium Falcon this year :wishluck:

I enjoyed LEGOs as a kid but I really hadn't given them a thought until my son was born 8 years ago.

He is pretty creative and loves LEGOs. I like that they are something we can do together. And the sets they have today are really impressive. Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Hobbit sets track the storyline.

I traded comics for some used LEGO sets with a boardie a while back.

I loved Lego as a kid, favorites were the knight/ Robin Hood sets and the pirate sets. My son is 1 and loves the Lego movie (I know, a 1 year old?), he has a Zoo set of Duplo and a bag full of Mega Blocks ( easier for his little hands).

I fondly remember trying to build an x-Wing or Millennium Falcon with my uncle long before SW Legos were introduced.....we were definitely lacking some pieces.