• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,201 posts in this topic

I don't know anything about the specific charges being discussed, so I have no comment.

However, this following example is the worst shill I've ever experienced, in terms of outright stupidity.

I suspected the person was shilling. On Ebay of course. I was second highest bid. The auction ends like 11 pm eastern time. The seller pms me at 1115 and says, "Hey, I cant get the winner on the phone. The book is yours if you want it."

Seriously?

1) yeah, that's not suspicious

2) you should have said "Sure! I will take it, at the lowest bid I put in before the 'buyer' that didn't 'go through with the sale' ran me up."

3) record the seller's vicious rant for us all to hear & enjoy

:D

-slym

depends on the shenanigans

is this about Anastasia collectibles?

shenanigans_farva_zps21309158.jpg

Yes.

It is getting close to the 45 day Paypal timeline for me to have to file a dispute to protect myself (I'm at Day 40).

I won't rehash the details here, they are in the CG thread and now in the original Sales Thread.

I believe that despite you getting your money back because of paypal you can still nominate them since they didn't technically refund you directly

He already posted an update in the CG thread.

UPDATE:

Anastasia Collectibles wrote me to say that my items were shipped on the 25th.

I was not aware as the tracking information was only uploaded into Paypal but I did not receive notification from Paypal or think to look there.

Regardless, they have been shipped.

That thread has now devolved into a grammar discussion :insane:

I think these customers of Anastasia are a bit challenged themselves when it comes to communicating. I guess they think their dealers are just supposed to check their customers' post history to find out which friggin' forum they are going to bring this up next.

If I have an issue with a seller is running an advertising/sales thread - why leave them hanging with the last post in that thread & then bring it to CG & here? (shrug)

2c

Edited by bababooey

depends on the shenanigans

is this about Anastasia collectibles?

shenanigans_farva_zps21309158.jpg

Yes.

It is getting close to the 45 day Paypal timeline for me to have to file a dispute to protect myself (I'm at Day 40).

I won't rehash the details here, they are in the CG thread and now in the original Sales Thread.

This IS the place to "rehash the details". I also think it is preferable for one person (you) to post the details here than make every interested board member go looking.

I already posted this in the general discussion thread, copying here.

Hi guys, unfortunately for the first time I have to ask advice about a transaction that is not going smooth.

Here are the facts:

On July 29 I post the :takeit: on two items that were GUARANTEED by the seller (he stated that on the thread) to be at least NM- (9.0) or better.

The seller agreed to ship the comics to Joeypost (before that, I asked Joey if it was ok to have the books shipped to him and he said no problem).

Communication stopped completely until August 13 when I ask the seller where are the comics. He answer the following:

" Sorry, tracking #9114 9011 5981 8438 3718 27

I had to resend it due to incorrect address.

You should have it tomorrow "

Then I asked Joey to confirm that he got the books and if he can tell me if the books were as advertised (NM- or better)

As you probably know, Joey is dealing with much more important issues right now, and because of that his answer about the condition of the books took longer than expected.

Finally, on September 18 Joey tells me that only one of the books has a shot at 9.0 and the other is lower grade because of some stains.

I PM the seller on September 18 asking for a refund and the seller agreed on September 19. His PM:

"Surprised about that, everyone seems very happy with their copies. However, if you are not happy please return them for a full refund "·

I give Joey the return address on September 22 and that is when communication with the seller stops.

I didn't want to bother Joey with this issue of mine so I didn't ask for a tracking number until October 25 when he give me the tracking showing that the package was delivered on October 4 to the address that the seller gave to me.

I immediately sent a PM and a separate email to the seller asking for the refund, pointing out that he has the books since October 4th and even so he didn't contact me at all.

IMO this is PL worth, and if I am correct, I have to wait 3 days since my last PM/email to the seller to start the PL process.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks for reading, english is not my language, i hope I was clear enough.

I sent a new PM to this seller informing him that I am nominating him to the PL.

I am nominating seller comickat to the probation list.

The reason is in the quoted post, I contacted him via PM and via email but he did not reply. I sent him a separate PM three days ago informing him that I was nominating him fot the PL, and still no answer.

I am out $110, and I don't have any hope to have them back anytime soon, but I want to inform the community about the risk of doing business with this individual.

I was contacted by the seller and I got a full refund.

I am removing COMICKAT from the probation list.

Please, the person in charge of editing the PL, he can cancel comickat from the list

Original nomination :bump:

I want to add comickat to the list. He never shipped me the books I bought and he appears to be off the grid. Sad part is he just got off the list and now I want him back on..
when did you purchase the books?

11/20..I also received a PM from Boomtown. He bought from the same thread and we are both holding the bag.. This guy is in the wind, again...Two days after he is off the list he pops up a new thread and starts all over again...He is not answering PMs or emails....Wonderful.

Edited by nochips

I want to add comickat to the list. He never shipped me the books I bought and he appears to be off the grid. Sad part is he just got off the list and now I want him back on..
when did you purchase the books?

11/20..I also received a PM from Boomtown. He bought from the same thread and we are both holding the bag.. This guy is in the wind, again...Two days after he is off the list he pops up a new thread and starts all over again...He is not answering PMs or emails....Wonderful.

Nochips sorry for your troubles with this seller. But you have to wait at least 30 days before you can begin.

Here are the rules

Good luck.

He PMd me this morning, Stu. Hopefully, everyone will be squared up soon.

Hi everyone,

My dad has taken a turn for the worse and I just got back from NJ. I sent the following pm's to the 3 boardies. All orders going out this morning.

(Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I just got back from NJ, my father is ill and I had to drop everything and fly out there. I will ship everything tomorrow and include freebies. I will send you the tracking info by tomorrow evening.)