• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,284 posts in this topic

This is the second Battlefront 32 I've had..... I let the first one go to Greg when I was trying to raise funds for the Mystic 19. I was very happy to get this one. Nice copies of these aren't real common. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Great war books, Jimbo! :)

+1!

I'm a sucker for Atlas war!

It's a great splash, and a nice little twist at the end as to what he's afraid of! :)

..... I'll take a stab at it...... Guess the Ending for 200....... Frankie is afraid he won't get home before sunrise, because he himself, is a Vampire ? GOD BLESS...

I think you're mostly correct, Jimbo! I'm going from memory, but though the twist is Frankie discovers he himself is the monster at the end, for all but the last page, I don't think he was aware of it. A nicely drawn and told tale! :)

It's a great splash, and a nice little twist at the end as to what he's afraid of! :)

..... I'll take a stab at it...... Guess the Ending for 200....... Frankie is afraid he won't get home before sunrise, because he himself, is a Vampire ? GOD BLESS...

I think you're mostly correct, Jimbo! I'm going from memory, but though the twist is Frankie discovers he himself is the monster at the end, for all but the last page, I don't think he was aware of it. A nicely drawn and told tale! :)

If I had to go by my aged memory I'd be in deep doodoo, haha, but fortunately I have that issue.

Doctor Le Doux goes with Frankie to a cemetery, and at midnight changes into his other being, killing Frankie. The doctor was the one who actually had to be afraid (because he would change at midnight to become a vampire).

I just posted this in the PGM section, because I don't know what to grade it at!

EpJ7pnF.jpg

Bottom left corner would not bother me at all.Sharp!

Thanks! It's mostly what is not visible in the scan that I do not do what to do with: the three circle stains from a cup being placed on the cover, and the non-color-breaking long crease at the bottom right corner (I mentioned these in my PGM post). These are actually also difficult to see when the book is in hand actually (you have to move/angle the book around under light), especially since the cover has such rich color and is so glossy.

A recent addition.

DSC_0009818x1280_zpsf8eaeab9.jpg

Great book! :)

Amongst many things I like about the cover:

The trees/rocks on both sides of the car. Even they menace!

And the eye of doom.

Never seen this one before, nice book! :headbang:

A recent addition.

DSC_0009818x1280_zpsf8eaeab9.jpg

Great book! :)

Amongst many things I like about the cover:

The trees/rocks on both sides of the car. Even they menace!

And the eye of doom.

Never seen this one before, nice book! :headbang:

Cheers! (thumbs u

The eye of doom: :cloud9:

I really love those "sidebars" on the early Atlas books, they always promise interesting stories with just a small drawing and a cool title!

Courtesy of the New Brunswick Collection:

IMG_1342_zps9fe9a4b1.jpg

IMG_1343_zps24e9d13a.jpg

Great looking books. I love those covers! The Superior editions are quite scarce from what I understand. I have the Canadian edition of the Cap, but mine is pretty low grade.

Edited by gojira

They are as scarce as hen's teeth. The Cap is top census and the Subby is 2nd place to top census for the Canadian Superior editions

I was the most excited about acquiring these, as I had advance knowledge they were in the New Brunswick collection prior to the purchase. I had them certified as they are the trophies of the collection for me and now reside in my Canadian Golden age portion of my collection, along with my Canadian Whites :cloud9:

Edited by eccomic

Scarce indeed and dear to my heart! Its probably safe to say that maybe 5 copies or less exist for most of these issues as that's pretty much what I have seen consistently over the last 10 years for the Timely copies. Stephen is this an original owner collection or did he acquire these copies a few years ago.