• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,912 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, been lurking for a couple months and finally joined. I just "re-discovered" my comics a couple months ago as well. I was born in 1966 and began collecting is 1977. As my user name gives away, I was always a big Marvel fan. Nothing against DC, just always liked Marvel better. I had a cool, older next door neighbor that gave me a stack of ASM's to read and I was hooked! I still remember buying my first comic, ASM 169. Then bought a subscription, then got into and subscribed to Avengers, Iron Man, Captain America, and Nova. I guess I was one of the only 3 people that really liked Nova, I have all (except #3 for some reason ) 25 issues. (I think there are 25). I remember being so disappointed with the notice they were cancelling Nova. Anyway, I discovered I have some pretty nice books in pretty good condition, and am considering sending some in for grading. Some of my keys..

ASM 41, 194, 238, 252

Nova 1

Ms. Marvel 1

Plus quite a few more, but those are some of the big ones after reading these boards for the past few months. I'll try to fire up my scanner and post some pics, maybe in the Please Grade My Book section.

I'm amazed by the knowledge of some of the folks on this board and I enjoy taking a look daily!

Thanks for reading!

Edited by makeminemarvel

What's up everyone. I'm Tripp, or TW or TDub or whatever really.

I've been reading, collecting and pretty much simply loving comics for about 40 years.

In the 70's I started out as a Spidey, Cap, DD and Bats guy but now I read anything that's good that I can find time for.

I've never really posted on any boards anywhere so I'm a bit clueless when it comes to all this.

Excited to meet some fellow collectors!

Cheers!

Edited by TeeDub

I must be one of the 3 myself . Born right after you in 67 and loved Nova from day one (Collect Nova items) and have all 25 issues including #3 and two copies of #8 for some strange reason. Welcome to the Boards.,

Hey everyone, been lurking for a couple months and finally joined. I just "re-discovered" my comics a couple months ago as well. I was born in 1966 and began collecting is 1977. As my user name gives away, I was always a big Marvel fan. Nothing against DC, just always liked Marvel better. I had a cool, older next door neighbor that gave me a stack of ASM's to read and I was hooked! I still remember buying my first comic, ASM 169. Then bought a subscription, then got into and subscribed to Avengers, Iron Man, Captain America, and Nova. I guess I was one of the only 3 people that really liked Nova, I have all (except #3 for some reason ) 25 issues. (I think there are 25). I remember being so disappointed with the notice they were cancelling Nova. Anyway, I discovered I have some pretty nice books in pretty good condition, and am considering sending some in for grading. Some of my keys..

ASM 47, 194, 238

Nova 1

Ms. Marvel 1

Plus quite a few more, but those are some of the big ones after reading these boards for the past few months. I'll try to fire up my scanner and post some pics, maybe in the Please Grade My Book section.

I'm amazed by the knowledge of some of the folks on this board and I enjoy taking a look daily!

Thanks for reading!

Hello. Brand new noobie noob here. Just recently found this forum, and it didn't take long to figure out it's the spot to be.

I got into comics in the late 80s, with anything X-Men and Iron Man being instant favorites of mine. I've been in and out of collecting ever since then.

One project that I HAVE worked somewhat consistently on ever since I got my first issue of Uncanny as a kid is to own a complete run of volume 1. Maybe I'll do a journal on that quest. I've also decided recently to start the same project on Amazing Spider-Man and Iron Man.

I've never purchased a CGC, or any other professionally graded, comic. I think maybe I'd like to, though.

Thanks for reading!

Hi all,

My name is David. I've been on and off the board for several years. I'll post now and then, then get busy and forget about it, then find my way back. Unfortunately, I can never remember the previous email address I used, and have to resign up with a new one. My id is usually different versions of "AK Comics" :)

I own a comic book store (try and guess the name :grin: ) I've been collecting for most of my life. It started when I was a kid. My dad would bring home a stack of comics, toss them on the coffee table and we'd all read them. The first comic I remember actually saving was DC Special #17. It had Green Lantern on the cover with him saying the oath. Ever since then, I've always known the oath.

I have a pretty good collection from silver age to now. I only have a handful of golden age stuff. Most of my collecting nowadays is when I actually get a comic collection in my store, and hopefully, I can fill some holes. But finding a collection with silver or golden age comics in it (even copper for that matter), is very far and few in-between

Hi all,

My name is David. I've been on and off the board for several years. I'll post now and then, then get busy and forget about it, then find my way back. Unfortunately, I can never remember the previous email address I used, and have to resign up with a new one. My id is usually different versions of "AK Comics" :)

I own a comic book store (try and guess the name :grin: ) I've been collecting for most of my life. It started when I was a kid. My dad would bring home a stack of comics, toss them on the coffee table and we'd all read them. The first comic I remember actually saving was DC Special #17. It had Green Lantern on the cover with him saying the oath. Ever since then, I've always known the oath.

I have a pretty good collection from silver age to now. I only have a handful of golden age stuff. Most of my collecting nowadays is when I actually get a comic collection in my store, and hopefully, I can fill some holes. But finding a collection with silver or golden age comics in it (even copper for that matter), is very far and few in-between

..... WTTB's .....until you become AK Comics28 ......GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Hi guys!

I'll introduce myself: I'm an italian software developer very passionate about Marvel Comics from the 90s, especially Spider-Man's.

Recently my first son was born (now he's 7 months old), and I realized I'd like to build some "heritage" for him, about the pages that I read and dreamed about when I was a kid, so I'm trying to build a collection of original art.

See you around!

Marco

PS: sorry for my bad english :D

Hi guys!

I'll introduce myself: I'm an italian software developer very passionate about Marvel Comics from the 90s, especially Spider-Man's.

Recently my first son was born (now he's 7 months old), and I realized I'd like to build some "heritage" for him, about the pages that I read and dreamed about when I was a kid, so I'm trying to build a collection of original art.

See you around!

Marco

:applause:

Welcome! And your English isn't bad a all.

Hi guys!

See you around!

Marco

:applause:

Welcome! And your English isn't bad a all.

Dr. Balls did that on purpose. :kidaround:

Welcome to the boards, guys!! :whee:

Hello everyone,

My name is Alex, and I've been into comics and collecting stuff since I was little kid. Spider-Man is the main focus of my passion. The usual suspects, comics, statues/busts, art and my favorite thing of all time, 90's trading cards. I have amassed a fairly large collection of the cards, but there's still room for more!

Other than that I work and spend time with my girlfriend who is also a collector herself(I think I got quite lucky with that one!!)

I hope to have a good time and contribute what I can to this site.

Cheers!

Alex

Hello folks!

My name is Eric and I collect video games (NES, SNES, PS1, Gamecube, N64 etc.). I have been collecting video games for about 6 years now. My username at nintendoage.com is the same as it is here.

Recently, a friend of mine who is into Marvel Comics, got me hooked into reading comic books. I am VERY NEW to reading and collecting comics so I have had to do some research as to what things mean or what they are such as CGC, "pressing" a comic, "slabbing" a comic etc. So far it has been really fun and exciting. I've started reading modern Avengers storylines and tie-ins dating back to Disassembled, just so I can be somewhat familiar with modern marvel and hopefully catch up to the Axis event going on right now. My first "big pick up" was Avengers 57. I think the Vision is awesome! The first time I saw that cover (which was about 2 months ago), I said to myself, "wow that is a work of art!!".

I have been lurking around this forum for about 2 weeks now and decided to join. I hope to learn so much more and expand my collection. Anyways, have a good day!