• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men: Apocalypse set for May 27, 2016

1,618 posts in this topic

If Fox can get Oscar Isaac from Episode VII to X-Men:Apocalypse,they can get Lupita Nyong'o for Storm :sumo:

I think they are looking for younger though…the actors/actresses on the short list for Cyclops and Jean Grey are all teenagers or could easily pass for teenagers. She is in her 30s, too old.

I believe Storm should be the older one of the three.

+1

X-MEN: Famke Janssen Comments On New 'Jean Grey' Potentials

-----------------------

When MTV asked the actress if she was aware of who's in the running, she says she's heard of all of them but, in Fanning's case particularly, doesn't see much of a resemblance. Janssen also says it's a little bittersweet knowing that she's being replaced in the role, but that maybe she could return and act alongside whoever is cast someday.

-----------------------

Oscar Isaac On Humanizing 'Apocalypse'; Possible 'Archangel' Appearance

-----------------

"In the early conversations we talked a lot about that [Apocalypse's distinct point of view and agenda]. Of course, you read the comic book, and [Apocalypse is] not so shaded with gray -- except his face. [Laughs] That's the only thing gray about him. Just as Bryan's done with the other films, I think he seeks to find something a little more interesting than the archetypal aspects of the characters, which work really well in print, but for a film I think you want to see a bit more of the -- for lack of a better word -- humanity in [Apocalypse]; because ultimately this is a story about humans. It's just different symbols for different things that we feel, so with this character I am incredibly interested in the challenge of finding someone that's psychologically interesting and compelling, and actually the spiritual aspects of the character."

-----------------

Worthington was played by Ben Foster in X-Men: The Last Stand however, and since Singer brought back Ellen Page's Kitty Pryde for Days Of Future Past is there any chance he'd do the same with Foster? Isaac doesn't know, but it definitely seems like something he'd like to see happen. "He's a great actor," he tells the site when quizzed about Foster's possible return. "I don't really know how they're going to put all that together or exactly what characters, or how that's going to work. But I know Angel and Archangel in particular were some of my favorite characters in that storyline. That was such a cool and dark storyline. I think that would be a cool thing to see on film."

-----------------

:ohnoez:

Sounds Like No Colossus In X-MEN: APOCALYPSE

------------------

While he apparently has no role in the next X-Men movie, 6'8" actor is still holding out hope for one last X-Men-hurrah in Ryan Reynold's Deadpool movie. If the film is still based on the Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick -script that leaked a few years back, there's a good chance that Colossus will indeed show up in the film.

------------------

Bryan Singer Teases ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’

------------------

After the huge success of X-Men: Days of Future Past this past summer, Bryan Singer and Fox are gearing up for the next installment in the mutant franchise, Apocalypse. The film, which is going to be set in the 1980s, will feature one of the most powerful and popular villains of the X-Men, and the character was teased in a post-credits scene in Days of Future Past. In his Instagram account, Singer posted a picture teasing the film.

------------------

AVDqU7Cl.png

(shrug)

I wonder if he is teasing that there will be quite a bit shown of Apocalypse's early years as the first mutant.

Taron Egerton Responds To X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Rumor He's Testing For 'Young Cyclops'

-------------------

Just hours after it was reported that Taron Egerton is one of the three contenders for the role of Scott Summers aka Cyclops in next year's X-Men: Apocalypse, the Welsh actor had attended a special screening of Kingsman: The Secret Service and afterwards a Q&A, during which he was asked about the casting rumor. "I really can't comment on the Cyclops thing," said Egerten after reassuring that his next film is Eddie The Eagle with Huge Jackman. "I'm not really sure what's going on there or where that [rumor] came from, but my friend Nicholas Hoult plays Beast and he says that's very fun. Of course, everyone would like to play a superhero, but this is by no means me saying I would like to go play Cyclops. So, I don't know."

-------------------

I can see him pulling this off quite nicely.

Taron Egerton Taron Egerton Won't Play 'Cyclops' In X-MEN: APOCALYPSE; But Does Want To Play...

SPIDER-MAN!

-------------------

"I can say I'm not doing X-Men," he told the site. "I love the X-Men films and I love that franchise. I love the people who make them on and off screen, so yeah I'd love to one day sometime, but in this instance that rumour is unfounded."

-------------------

Oh well.

Isaac Talks His 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Costume

--------------------

The actor also reveals that X-Men: Apocalypse, has all ready entered pre-production, and that he's about to meet with the team to begin the designing process. "After we finish here I’m heading to do a head cast, which they do often," says Isaac. "You spend 3-4 hours with them putting plaster all over your head and they get a sense of what your face is like and what shape your head is, so they can start figuring out the costume and the make up and all that stuff, which is pretty fun."

--------------------

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/402367-alexandra-shipp-sophie-turner-and-tye-sheridan-join-x-men-apocalypse

Alexandra Shipp, Sophie Turner and Tye Sheridan Join X-Men: Apocalypse!

This is a breaking news item! More to come… Director Bryan Singer just broke the news that Alexandra Shipp will play Storm, Sophie Turner will play Jean Grey and Tye Sheridan will play Cyclops in X-Men: Apocalypse.

Edited by Mr 9.8

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/402367-alexandra-shipp-sophie-turner-and-tye-sheridan-join-x-men-apocalypse

Alexandra Shipp, Sophie Turner and Tye Sheridan Join X-Men: Apocalypse!

This is a breaking news item! More to come… Director Bryan Singer just broke the news that Alexandra Shipp will play Storm, Sophie Turner will play Jean Grey and Tye Sheridan will play Cyclops in X-Men: Apocalypse.

Any pics of the actors?