• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

And Marvel gives its opinion about the pending movie.

MARVEL Blows Up FANTASTIC FOUR Cast In THE PUNISHER #12

---------------------

Now it seems like Marvel has shared their thoughts on the new Josh Trank's film as show in the first page of the new Punisher issue and apparently, they think it blows.

While it really doesn't show them blowing up, it is pretty clear what happens and the resemblance with the real actors is obvious. They even mention that "Trang" (Josh Trank) is doing the sequel and "Mike" (Michael B. Jordan) thinks the movie is all about "Johnny" (Human Torch).

---------------------

PjedYEV.jpg

Ouch!

The actual plot didn't sound that bad. Lots of Hollywood tropes, of course, plenty of cliché writing, etc, but I've watched way worse and had fun.

But here's the thing. I've been a FF fan for 50 years now. Watched them through the good times and the bad times and back again.

And again.

This is not the Fantastic Four by any, ANY stretch of the imagination.

It comes a bit closer to Ultimate FF, but not close enough IMO.

It could probably be made into a decent enough adventure movie with some sci-fi trappings, or a decent enough sci-fi movie with some adventure trappings, but either way it's not going to be a Fantastic Four movie.

In two or three years when it's playing on TBS or FX I'll probably give it a watch, might even enjoy it, but they're not prying any money out of my wallet for a movie screening.

Not a nickel.

The actual plot didn't sound that bad. Lots of Hollywood tropes, of course, plenty of cliché writing, etc, but I've watched way worse and had fun.

But here's the thing. I've been a FF fan for 50 years now. Watched them through the good times and the bad times and back again.

And again.

It could probably be made into a decent enough adventure movie with some sci-fi trappings, or a decent enough sci-fi movie with some adventure trappings, but either way it's not going to be a Fantastic Four movie.

In two or three years when it's playing on TBS or FX I'll probably give it a watch, might even enjoy it, but they're not prying any money out of my wallet for a movie screening.

Not a nickel.

That`s why they should call it Ultimate Fantastic Four, just like the Garfield Spider-Man movie should have been called Ultimate Spider-Man and not Amazing Spider-Man. I think if people knew the Garfield Spider-Man movie was more based on the Ultimate Spider-Man, then the venom would have been less from the critics. The give away should have been the Paul Giamatti Rhino.

The Paul Giamatti Rhino is real close to the Ultimate Spider-Man Rhino, but people were shocked that it wasn`t the John Romita classic version.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

And again.

Not a nickel.

That`s why they should call it Ultimate Fantastic Four, just like the Garfield Spider-Man movie should have been called Ultimate Spider-Man and not Amazing Spider-Man. I think if people knew the Garfield Spider-Man movie was more based on the Ultimate Spider-Man, then the venom would have been less from the critics. The give away should have been the Paul Giamatti Rhino.

The Paul Giamatti Rhino is real close to the Ultimate Spider-Man Rhino, but people were shocked that it wasn`t the John Romita classic version.

I'm going to respectfully disagree here on several fronts.

1. A re-title wouldn't matter to the general audience at large because more than half probably haven't read a comic either way.

2. Among fans that have read comics, I don't think the expectation is for a modern comic movie to be based on a single source. I think the expectation is we're going to get the "best" possible version of whatever we're seeing. ASM failed to deliver that.

3. By all counts is was a bad movie. So the critics would naturally be critical also.

---------------------

Now it seems like Marvel has shared their thoughts on the new Josh Trank's film as show in the first page of the new Punisher issue and apparently, they think it blows.

While it really doesn't show them blowing up, it is pretty clear what happens and the resemblance with the real actors is obvious. They even mention that "Trang" (Josh Trank) is doing the sequel and "Mike" (Michael B. Jordan) thinks the movie is all about "Johnny" (Human Torch).

---------------------

PjedYEV.jpg

Ouch!

Ouch, indeed.

---------------------

---------------------

PjedYEV.jpg

Ouch!

Ouch, indeed.

More of this, please! :devil:

And again.

Not a nickel.

1. A re-title wouldn't matter to the general audience at large because more than half probably haven't read a comic either way.

2. Among fans that have read comics, I don't think the expectation is for a modern comic movie to be based on a single source. I think the expectation is we're going to get the "best" possible version of whatever we're seeing. ASM failed to deliver that.

3. By all counts is was a bad movie. So the critics would naturally be critical also.

I will agree with your points 1 and 2. (thumbs u

Sorry I can`t agree with your point 3 because I enjoyed the movie.

And again.

Not a nickel.

I will agree with your points 1 and 2. (thumbs u

Sorry I can`t agree with your point 3 because I enjoyed the movie.

That's fair- I wasn't trying to call out anyone's taste in movies. :foryou: I was speaking more to the general consensus but I realized when I saw your reply it didn't exactly read that way so i apologize if that seemed accusatory. (I'm not sure it did, but wanted to be clear that wasn't the intent.) As someone who liked the director's cut of Daredevil, I've been on an island with movie likes time-to-time.

Could they be trying to make up for the rest of the details leaked?

Check Out This Fan-Made Mock-Up Of THE FANTASTIC FOUR's 'Doctor Doom' Insiders Say Is "Pretty Damn Close"

-----------------------

Sources told the site "the suit was not finished yet" and that anyone who was under the impression this prototype of the leader of Latveria's costume would make it on film next summer was "jumping to conclusions". In perhaps at an attempt at damage control, they offered the website an "accurate description confirmed by multiple sources" of what to expect appearance-wise from the green-cloaked, metal-faced supervillain which was described as: "Think HALO’s Master Chief with a Doctor Doom mask and that hooded cape."

-----------------------

doctor-doom-fantastic-four-reboot-render.jpg

Could they be trying to make up for the rest of the details leaked?

Check Out This Fan-Made Mock-Up Of THE FANTASTIC FOUR's 'Doctor Doom' Insiders Say Is "Pretty Damn Close"

-----------------------

Sources told the site "the suit was not finished yet" and that anyone who was under the impression this prototype of the leader of Latveria's costume would make it on film next summer was "jumping to conclusions". In perhaps at an attempt at damage control, they offered the website an "accurate description confirmed by multiple sources" of what to expect appearance-wise from the green-cloaked, metal-faced supervillain which was described as: "Think HALO’s Master Chief with a Doctor Doom mask and that hooded cape."

-----------------------

doctor-doom-fantastic-four-reboot-render.jpg

going to be hard to type his blog with those gloves

This movie can't stop giving. And it hasn't even been released yet.

CONFIRMED: Here's The Synopsis For Josh Trank's THE FANTASTIC FOUR

-----------------

"THE FANTASTIC FOUR, a contemporary re-imagining of Marvel's original and longest-running superhero team, centers on four young outsiders who teleport to an alternate and dangerous universe, which alters their physical form in shocking ways.Their lives irrevocably upended, the team must learn to harness their daunting new abilities and work together to save Earth from a former friend turned enemy."

-----------------

Jamie Bell's 'Ben Grimm/The Thing' Mocap Coach Talks THE FANTASTIC FOUR

PpaHvYj.png

--------------------

"I'd worked with Jamie on Tin-tin, so they had me come out and work with him on that character a little bit."

When asked how does he find the movement for The Thing, Notary explained, "I was talking to Jamie about it and thought it was just a whiteface character. Everything is pulled out through the soul. There's very, very little expression in the face, if any at all, so everything has to live through the soul and the eyes. Everything. The subtleties of the physicality when standing there...you're a rock. You're made of rock, so you can't be super subtle but you can be if you sense that emotion coming out through the soul and the eyes. We had him just holding this neutral expression and just pouring the soul out of his eyes while walking through this space, while obviously being grounded with weight and mass and gravitas that's so important and does take a lot of work. It's not something that comes easy.

You have to create this sense of thick space and you're carrying yourself with different parts of your body depending on the emotion of the character and the development of the character. I mean, he's a kid trapped in a rock, and so how does that kid become a man after that experience? Through that evolution and that journey he moves from this sort of worried place to his pack that carries him through. It's figuring that stuff out and Jamie is just such a super talented actor. He's so physical and great with his body. He can really articulate emotions through his body well."

--------------------