• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,573 posts in this topic

As for him standing - I thought it REALLY strange that he stood up in front of Catlin and Cisco with no reaction. They could just be accomplices in a larger scheme - but that is one big secret to contain. Plus - Cisco seems to be too much of a fanboy to be "evil".

Darn, with so many comic-related shows and plot lines to keep up with, I don't remember this - did that really happen? Is so, that would seem significant. hm

Why the chair? - well a gorilla is not small. People tend to give someone in a chair room to maneuver. Keeps them at a distance. Bigger entrances, vans with open areas, --- lots of "room" for that big frame. Chairs are heavy too - helping again to disguise the mass.

I thought about that as well, as much as it's far-fetched, it could also explain the above - in that maybe Grodd has both Catlin and Cisco under his mind-control.

Definitely a strong resemblance...

Personally, I'm leaning to towards Wells being an older, alternate reality version of Barry who came back after the Crisis on Infinite Earths to shape Barry into the hero that he (Wells) hadn't become.

Let's not forget this guy slipped a blade into a mans chest and killed him in cold blood. I'm not sure why Barry Allen would do that. It's also puzzling why the same guy that did this supposedly invented the technology that gave Flash his powers. It's very confusing to me, this evidence of both good and evil intentions.

That's why I'm going with the "alternate reality" version of Barry. My thinking is that Wells/Barry didn't become the hero he wanted to (as evidenced by his somewhat "amoral" activities). After arranging to vanish during the Crisis, he began working to change events so that this Barry *would* become a great hero.

And to avoid the whole temporal paradox issue, Wells/Barry would have to come from one of the alternate Earths rather than being a straight up 20-years-from-the-future Barry.

The big flaw in my theory is that it draws on the Crisis / parallel Earths requirement, which may be well beyond the scope of the TV series...

You'd have to explain how Barry got to be a few inches taller and has an entirely different physical appearance as well as voice for me to begin to suspend my disbelief.

As for him standing - I thought it REALLY strange that he stood up in front of Catlin and Cisco with no reaction. They could just be accomplices in a larger scheme - but that is one big secret to contain. Plus - Cisco seems to be too much of a fanboy to be "evil".

Darn, with so many comic-related shows and plot lines to keep up with, I don't remember this - did that really happen? Is so, that would seem significant. hm

He did stand up in the first episode we saw him in before he was 'crippled' and in the subsequent flashback to the night the accelerator exploded. (he was popping a champagne bottle to celebrate).

CISCO doesn't have an evil bone in his body and will eventually become VIBE. They keep hinting at it even with his dialogue pertaining to 'energy' and 'power', etc.

CAITLIN is good...for now. She's absolutely going to become the villain known as "Killer Frost", or rather the 3rd incarnation of that character.

Some accident that hasn't happened yet is probably going to account for both of their transformations. Before that happens we'll have to see the introduction of Firestorm, which is getting even more confusing by the day....since they're incorporating at least 2 versions if not 3 versions of Firestorm into the upcoming character. Even her dialogue pertaining to her relationship stated they were 'like fire and ice'.

Caitlin will probably be 'evil' simply because she needs heat from other sources to survive.....and people are clearly one of those sources....but she can use Firestorm's heat to abate her hunger for energy. It's going to be one of those vampire that doesn't really want to hurt folks but has to eat things.

He did stand up in the first episode we saw him in before he was 'crippled' and in the subsequent flashback to the night the accelerator exploded. (he was popping a champagne bottle to celebrate).

CISCO doesn't have an evil bone in his body and will eventually become VIBE. They keep hinting at it even with his dialogue pertaining to 'energy' and 'power', etc.

CAITLIN is good...for now. She's absolutely going to become the villain known as "Killer Frost", or rather the 3rd incarnation of that character.

Some accident that hasn't happened yet is probably going to account for both of their transformations. Before that happens we'll have to see the introduction of Firestorm, which is getting even more confusing by the day....since they're incorporating at least 2 versions if not 3 versions of Firestorm into the upcoming character. Even her dialogue pertaining to her relationship stated they were 'like fire and ice'.

Caitlin will probably be 'evil' simply because she needs heat from other sources to survive.....and people are clearly one of those sources....but she can use Firestorm's heat to abate her hunger for energy. It's going to be one of those vampire that doesn't really want to hurt folks but has to eat things.

I will have to go back to the DVR and check - but I seem to remember a very short scene where he stood in front of them after getting out of the wheelchair. I HAVE been wrong before........

I know he stood up when he was in that secret room he went into - but I didn't remember him standing in front of them. That would suggest they know what's up.

I will have to go back to the DVR and check - but I seem to remember a very short scene where he stood in front of them after getting out of the wheelchair. I HAVE been wrong before........

Ditto lol at least once anyway ;)

He stood up in the secret room and he stood up when he killed the guy in the multiple man episode. Never was Caitlin and Cisco around.

He stood up in the secret room and he stood up when he killed the guy in the multiple man episode. Never was Caitlin and Cisco around.

I was probably thinking of the flashback - must have been a scene where he was sitting - then stood up (and I missed that it was a flashback) - it stuck in my head as really strange --- need to pay more attention to my TV watching, lol

self face palm

:facepalm:

He's not Grodd. Grodd was in a cage before the explosion and Wells was walking around (prior to the explosion and then again in secret).

You can see the empty cage in either the 1st or 2nd episode, don't remember which one it was.

I was thinking perhaps he's a descendant of Barry, back from the future. That is why Barry "must" survive. Either that, or Barry saves the world or something in the future and Prof Zoom knows it (and Wells is Zoom).

He's not Grodd. Grodd was in a cage before the explosion and Wells was walking around (prior to the explosion and then again in secret).

You can see the empty cage in either the 1st or 2nd episode, don't remember which one it was.

I was thinking perhaps he's a descendant of Barry, back from the future. That is why Barry "must" survive. Either that, or Barry saves the world or something in the future and Prof Zoom knows it (and Wells is Zoom).

-- but AFTER the explosion - no Grodd--- I am speculating that Grodd took his place somehow -

being from the future - just seems so obvious, same with being zoom -

What about Impulse? - would help explain the "barry must survive" thing - even to the extreme of killing to protect him. More warped - but a twist that could keep things interesting.

I was thinking of Impulse (Bart Allen)...his history is sure convoluted enough;) However, professor Zoom is also a relative so Wells might STILL be Zoom;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart_Allen

Probably the comic geek in me thinking too much - but zoom is just TOO obvious - Wells definitely has something going on - they are teasing a lot on the "yellow" guy - just too simple for them to be the same - a conspiracy or some extra connection between the characters gives them more story lines to follow.

I am probably thinking too much - but I really like the show and my son is into it - so it all works for me.