• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice league Dark "Dark Universe" UPDATE

183 posts in this topic

Guillermo del Toro Talks JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK And Connections To DCU/DCTV Projects

---------------------------------

Pacific Rim director Guillermo del Toro reveals that he's still working on Justice League Dark/Dark Universe and reveals that Warner Bros. are keeping their properties separate before bringing them together. What does this mean for Constantine?

Guillermo del Toro Talks JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK And Connections To DCU/DCTV Projects

Pacific Rim director Guillermo del Toro reveals that he's still working on Justice League Dark/Dark Universe and reveals that Warner Bros. are keeping their properties separate before bringing them together. What does this mean for Constantine?

There seems to be little to no consistency among all of these various branches. It all smells bad to me.

There seems to be little to no consistency among all of these various branches. It all smells bad to me.

I wouldn't get too excited, yet. It is so early in the process, the only people know if there is consistency or not are those behind the scenes.

Guillermo del Toro On Using NBC's CONSTANTINE In JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK

---------------------

Regarding the film, del Toro runs down the roster of Justice League Dark, listing "Etrigan the Demon, Deadman, Swamp Thing, Zatanna, Constantine, The Floronic Man, and many, many others." And in terms of Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment keeping their film and tv ventures separate, del Toro reaffirmed that's the course currently being charted, however, he stated,"I would love to have The Spectre in it, because he's one of the most..absolutely, beyond moral characters in this universe and he does crazy things...but, I'm happy with...they're doing that with Constantine.

---------------------

So 'Justice League Dark' is active based on what del Toro has to say from 9:00 on.

:whee:

Guillermo del Toro On Using NBC's CONSTANTINE In JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK

---------------------

Regarding the film, del Toro runs down the roster of Justice League Dark, listing "Etrigan the Demon, Deadman, Swamp Thing, Zatanna, Constantine, The Floronic Man, and many, many others." And in terms of Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment keeping their film and tv ventures separate, del Toro reaffirmed that's the course currently being charted, however, he stated,"I would love to have The Spectre in it, because he's one of the most..absolutely, beyond moral characters in this universe and he does crazy things...but, I'm happy with...they're doing that with Constantine.

---------------------

So 'Justice League Dark' is active based on what del Toro has to say from 9:00 on.

i think WB/DC should let him take care of the supernatural world of DC base in the same universe. if they need to cross over their cross over don't force TV and Film's to play nice.

i think WB/DC should let him take care of the supernatural world of DC base in the same universe. if they need to cross over their cross over don't force TV and Film's to play nice.

I knew you would appreciate that news.

:foryou:

I agree with giving him free rein, within reason, to build out this horror/superatural universe that may have ties to other TV shows and movies. It makes the most sense versus the errors of the past.

if you make both TV and movies in the same universe but make them look separate then have them come together would show how huge the universe is and the TV show wont depend so much on the movies.

if you make both TV and movies in the same universe but make them look separate then have them come together would show how huge the universe is and the TV show wont depend so much on the movies.

:applause:

OH MY. OH MY. OH MY!

-script for 'Justice League Dark' completed

-----------------

Now, Guillermo del Toro has confirmed to Forbes that the completed screenplay went to weekend reads at Warner Bros., and depending on the studio's reaction to it, in a few days we could have an official announcement that further steps will be taken to get Dark Universe into production.

-----------------

Does Guillermo del Toro confirm a shared universe with DC?

We knew the -script had been submitted.

-------------------

“Today [Nov. 25], the completed screenplay for Dark Universe officially went to weekend reads at Warner Bros. The studio’s reactions to the -script will be coming back in a few days, and the film could take another step toward production if Warner has a favorable opinion of what they see on the page.”

-------------------

But this is interesting.

-------------------

DEL TORO: I haven’t followed up with Frankenstein so I really have very little to add to that. Right now the only sort of shared universe project I’m working on is Dark Universe for Warners, you know, for DC, which is Swamp Thing, Demon, Deadman, Zatanna. It’s a very different universe.

-------------------

Constantine too, please.

:wishluck:

The Team Members For Guillermo Del Toro's JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK Movie Revealed

-------------------

Recently the director revealed that the completed screenplay went to weekend reads at Warner Bros., and pending a positive reaction, steps would then be taken to get Dark Universe into production. Now while we don't have an update in regards to that, we might know what characters will make up the initial team if and when the flick finally makes it to the big screen.

-------------------

dQDGTYi.png