• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blade Runner 2 on the way care of Ridley Scott
2 2

460 posts in this topic

In what way is Blade Runner a "moneymaker"? From what I remember, the original movie was a box office disappointment. It's a cult movie.

To be fair, it opened 3 weeks after E.T. and was competing at the box office against a Rocky movie, a Star Trek movie, and two classic horror films in Poltergeist and the Thing.

Heck - Conan and Porky's were still pulling in dollars that opening weekend. Not to mention Annie was in theaters as well. I think timing had more to do with the movie being a box office disappointment.

In what way is Blade Runner a "moneymaker"? From what I remember, the original movie was a box office disappointment. It's a cult movie.

To be fair, it opened 3 weeks after E.T. and was competing at the box office against a Rocky movie, a Star Trek movie, and two classic horror films in Poltergeist and the Thing.

Heck - Conan and Porky's were still pulling in dollars that opening weekend. Not to mention Annie was in theaters as well. I think timing had more to do with the movie being a box office disappointment.

That is exactly what they talk about in Blade Runner's featurette on the release and reception. It was a very tough year to release a movie. And with E.T., everything about outer space had to be on a friendly kid-level.

And with E.T., everything about outer space had to be on a friendly kid-level.

DAMN YOU SPIELBERG! :mad:

In all seriousness I finally found the opening theme without that damned voice over dialogue.

A real magical theme. :cloud9:

Mainstream reviews were terrible.

Mainstream reviews were terrible.

Funny what a few decades can do with reviews.

Stuff like this makes me wonder how BR would have turned out with modern SFX techniques? hm

I thought the original Blade Runner was timeless as it stands. (shrug)

Stuff like this makes me wonder how BR would have turned out with modern SFX techniques? hm

I thought the original Blade Runner was timeless as it stands. (shrug)

Paul Oakenfold has remixed some awesome Blade Runner soundbytes with his music over the years.

Tears in Rain is just awesome. Rutger Hauer is simply AMAZING in that movie

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die

Ridley Scott Won't Direct BLADE RUNNER 2; Harrison Ford Will Appear In Third Act

---------------------

While doing press for his new movie Exodus: Gods And Kings, Ridley Scott provided some new details to Variety about the Blade Runner sequel. He'll be directing The Martian next, and after that Ridley has plans to direct something else, but he wouldn't tell Variety which film. They were told it wouldn't be Blade Runner 2, which Scott has been developing the past few years with screenwriter Hampton Fancher.

Even though Scott will sit on the bench (he'll produce) for Blade Runner 2, fans can be happy to know 'Rick Deckard' (Harrison Ford) is returning. Scott said, “Harrison is very much part of this one, but really it’s about finding him; he comes in in the third act.”

---------------------

Even though Scott will sit on the bench (he'll produce) for Blade Runner 2, fans can be happy to know 'Rick Deckard' (Harrison Ford) is returning. Scott said, “Harrison is very much part of this one, but really it’s about finding him; he comes in in the third act.” [/i]

---------------------

So, it's basically Blade Runner 2: The Search for Deckard? lol

Don't know how to feel about that. Is he in hiding or what?

So, it's basically Blade Runner 2: The Search for Deckard? lol

Don't know how to feel about that. Is he in hiding or what?

Do you REALLY want to know plot details in advance? Personally I love to know as little as possible about the story before I see a movie...

"Are you testing whether I'm a replicant or a lesbian, Mr. Deckard?"

I'm looking forward to "Mad Max: Fury Road" much more than "Blade Runner II..." The original director, George Miller, came out of retirement to make it.

I'm looking forward to "Mad Max: Fury Road" much more than "Blade Runner II..." The original director, George Miller, came out of retirement to make it.

I'm hoping FR will be a success, but with a budget of $100,000,000.00 that's gonna be tough to recoup.