• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archie 1-10 +50 CLUB
12 12

1,011 posts in this topic

Here's a new listing for Archie #2 on ebay. It appears a bit suspicious.

Archie 2

This is the only item the seller has listed, all the seller's feedback is more than 1 year old, and I have never seen a seller with so much feedback from NARU'd ebay ID's. Also, much of the feedback has similar wording although it's from many different users.

It certainly has the look of a listing from a hijacked account. Kind of an odd book to use for that purpose though. hm

Here's a new listing for Archie #2 on ebay. It appears a bit suspicious.

Archie 2

This is the only item the seller has listed, all the seller's feedback is more than 1 year old, and I have never seen a seller with so much feedback from NARU'd ebay ID's. Also, much of the feedback has similar wording although it's from many different users.

It certainly has the look of a listing from a hijacked account. Kind of an odd book to use for that purpose though. hm

Agreed. Not sure what to think. Never seen the book before, hate zero feedback, and the history is suspect for sure. But where was the book hijacked from? I've never even seen the 4.0 on the block.

N.B. I should have said 0% positive feedback, not zero feedback. You know what I mean. Has anybody reached out?

Edited by GoldenPRGuy

Not sure if I made a good choice or a bad one last night, but this thread needs a :bump: so I'll share. A coin dealer posted a complete but coverless old Archie on eBay. He thought it might be Archie #15, and started the bidding at 10 bucks. I emailed him, and (cause I'm an upstanding kinda guy) told him that it was in fact a coverless copy of Archie #2. I then asked what it would take to end the auction and sell the book to me. We went back and forth on some pricing and finally sealed the deal. Truth is, even with the decent amount of Archie knowledge I possess, I have no idea what a coverless Archie 2 would go for. The book has a spine roll, and a loose inner wrap, but all in all looked like a nice interior. Who knows, maybe I just set the price. All I can say with confidence is that I know I would have paid a lot more for a #1 and not as much for a #3. Time will tell. If anyone sees a cover lying around PM me. :wishluck:

Edited by GoldenPRGuy

If anyone's interested I just put up my Archie 7 & 8 in the sales thread. Both CGC 2.5s.

hate to let em go but I need some money for something.

I'm also putting up a coverless low grade (missing cf) Archie 2 on ebay tonight

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8380577#Post8380577

Edited by gadzukes

If anyone's interested I just put up my Archie 7 & 8 in the sales thread. Both CGC 2.5s.

hate to let em go but I need some money for something.

I'm also putting up a coverless low grade (missing cf) Archie 2 on ebay tonight

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8380577#Post8380577

cool I'll check it out

What's the deal Todd? Got your eye on a key or did the bookies finally catch up to ya? ;)

I publish my own children's books, and it costs a lot of money. It's going to cost $15,000 for my next one. I'm a little short, so.... I looked over my collection and thought about what I could part with to raise some money. Archie 3, 4, 7, & 8.

Unfortunately none of my Archie's sold on ebay, so I might bring them all back here and discount the prices even more.

BTW... if you want a cute book for your kids (preK up to 5th grade) check out:

www.whatsinmypocket.net and

www.whostolemyhomework.net

The books are only $10 plus shipping and they're quality books. I have kids & moms email me constantly to tell me how much they love my books.

Edited by gadzukes

In-Laws gave me eBay gift certificates for Christmas and I have been waiting to find just the right purchase. I wanted to buy something I would love but would be outside of my normal collecting focus. :grin:

Archie50_front_cgc_zpsbcdb4d8e.jpg

Nice looking 2.0.

Want to swap in-laws? :D

In-Laws gave me eBay gift certificates for Christmas and I have been waiting to find just the right purchase. I wanted to buy something I would love but would be outside of my normal collecting focus. :grin:

Nice looking 2.0.

hm How much in eBay bucks would they give me?

Great choice of books! My inlaws are gone now but were very cool as well. They really didn't understand my collecting addiction or why I collected what I did. It was just something we never discussed. They REALLY hated my motorcycle...

Nice looking 2.0.

"You should live so long" is about what you would get. :D

Nice book! :applause:

My in-laws always buy me Archie stuff... it's sweet of them, but it's always like a sheet of Archie stamps, or the latest "Best Of" printed by Archie Comics or Craig Yoe. Totally appreciated of course, but I'd rather have gift cards to eBay or Metro, or Ha if they did them.

My parents on the other hand still inquire from time to time if there's a certain book they can buy me for a birthday or holiday. Suppose even at 40 I'm still their little kid.

Great choice of books! My inlaws are gone now but were very cool as well. They really didn't understand my collecting addiction or why I collected what I did. It was just something we never discussed. They REALLY hated my motorcycle...

My future inlaws even drew a map for my future wife to come visit me at the comic book store where I worked. Now that's some Grade A support right there! :applause:

Nobody supported my interest in motorcycles either. :( Although, I did buy a camaro at the age of 16 and, in my mind, that was far more dangerous. I'm surprised my back isn't permanently out of wack from the back seat alone. :devil:

Nice looking 2.0.

"You should live so long" is about what you would get. :D

:D