• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Constantine TV Trailer

574 posts in this topic

i think having a 13 or 16 episode season for shows like these is smart and it doesnt get to feel like it's being drag out.

I kind of feel the same way. Just enough to make it feel like a full season of fantastic stories and characters. But not so much as to burn you out on the details.

Maybe a move to SYFY, though not high on the list, would allow for a better time slot while still allowing the creative freedom that has been shown with the gory stories.

i think they going to move it since it said that the reruns on SyFy were high and it most like can help it in the long run.

i think having a 13 or 16 episode season for shows like these is smart and it doesnt get to feel like it's being drag out.

I kind of feel the same way. Just enough to make it feel like a full season of fantastic stories and characters. But not so much as to burn you out on the details.

Maybe a move to SYFY, though not high on the list, would allow for a better time slot while still allowing the creative freedom that has been shown with the gory stories.

i think they going to move it since it said that the reruns on SyFy were high and it most like can help it in the long run.

Plus then we could see Constantine vs. the Sharknado!

Plus then we could see Constantine vs. the Sharknado!

:o

hm

:whee:

My biggest complain about the series is Constantine is portrayed as being too "good". I love the plots so far but I think he should be pulling himself out of the bar/gutter more than he is in the show.

So as far as I can tell, last night's episode was originally slated to be the official SECOND episode....not the one that showcased the introduction of Zed.

You can tell simply because the CGI is still a bit on the raw side and of course there was all the Halloween stuff going on....hence the original air date.

Also:

There were a few other hints this was an 'early' episode. #1: Liv is missing and there's NO ZED, and NO significant explanation of where she is except for one line from Chad.

The use of the angel was a bit heavy handed in this episode...to 'explain' to the audience what Constantine is doing or should be doing. There's also little or no additional explanation of "what the rising darkness is", or what either Constantine's or the celestial roles should be.

The additional use of the initial CGI with Astra being dragged to Hell was another dead giveaway....as they haven't really leaned on that heavily since.

Overall I can't judge this episode too harshly, nor can I judge the initial two as originally aired...they were clearly just to set up the rest of the series. This episode was a warmer that was out of place....not too bad but once again not too instrumental in developing a serious and engaging story arc.

I do think that the original departure of Liv is the impetus behind these less developed and lukewarm episodes. This is likely the last of the clunkers and it's most likely that truncating the season to 13 episodes gives them an ability to address the direction of the series for next season.

I watched the latest episode, and see what you are talking about. It was still the same dark, satanic path of the other episodes. But even more troubling what may be taking place between Heaven and Hell.

Manny sharing he was always there with John, even during his troubled past, shows the lonely path Constantine is on as Manny did nothing to help him.

The show did end with a surprise.

John sits back on the hood of his car, looks like he reflects on what he just experienced while holding a cigarette and lighter in his hand, and then lights up and takes a drag.

I never thought I would get so excited to see someone smoke.

Well I'm done the series. I have deleted the series from my DVR record list and did not watch the last two that I had recorded. The last full one I watched was "The Devil's Vinyl," which I thought sucked.

My synopsis for what it's worth - a very short spoiler and rant below.

Come on - playing the record through a local university campus radio station to inflict its damage was a little small in scope for Satan, don't you think? The least he can go for is Pandora or Accuradio. I mean he is the frickin devil isn't he - he needs to broaden his scope. :kidaround:

I got half through the next episode and said that's it. I'll stick with Supernatural. A lot more fun.

New Promo For CONSTANTINE Season 1 Episode 7: "Blessed Are The Damned"

----------------------

A SMALL TOWN PREACHER MYSTERIOUSLY GAINS THE ABILITY TO PERFORM MIRACLES - While in art class, Zed (Angélica Celaya) has a bizarre vision of snakes that lead her and John (Matt Ryan) to a small town where a preacher has mysteriously gained the ability to heal his congregation. Harold Perrineau also stars. Christopher Johnson, David A. Gregory, Juliana Harkavy, Megan West and Patrick Carroll guest star.

----------------------

I just got through watching the latest episode - this is the most like the comics yet. I really liked it.

Bosco - we still never saw JC smoke the cigarette,only light it. Still, you are correct - this is the closest we've seen to anyone smoke yet.

An aside: anyone familiar with the Fables series, do you think the actor playing Chaz would be perfect for Bigby Wolf, or what?

-slym

I just got through watching the latest episode - this is the most like the comics yet. I really liked it.

Bosco - we still never saw JC smoke the cigarette,only light it. Still, you are correct - this is the closest we've seen to anyone smoke yet.

An aside: anyone familiar with the Fables series, do you think the actor playing Chaz would be perfect for Bigby Wolf, or what?

-slym

Yep, this is the best one, but not many are watching it. (shrug)

-slym

Nice hat, captain!

Screen-Shot-2014-02-27-at-3.18.20-PM.png

:baiting:

-slym

Nice hat, captain!

Screen-Shot-2014-02-27-at-3.18.20-PM.png

:baiting:

Thank you. ;)

The good news if it does go on the Syfy channel it will be around a lot longer. :wishluck:

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Thank you. ;)

The good news if it does go on the Syfy channel it will be around a lot longer. :wishluck:

If the best time slot NBC could find for this show was Friday at 10 PM, then it really would be a blessing to move this to SYFY and find a slot more appropriate.

I think the content has been really good, and has been following the path of Hellblazer quite nicely. This last episode, for me, proved how dark the show could potentially become. It was worth the time to watch.

The wife and I enjoy it. Not knowing a lot about JC, it's definitely been enjoyable and great to know it's staying a bit truer to the comic than other shows have been.

As for as the Friday night 10 pm slot, that seems like a place for good shows to go and die. Dracula was very enjoyable (IMO) and it didn't make it past season 1.

If these darker shows really wanted to make it, Reed Hastings would buy them and really push the envelope!

Last night's episode was great!

- The Pentecostal snake priest being bit, and coming back to life with healing powers.

- The angel found in the field that had been carrying the priest to 'Heaven' until he plucked her feather, forcing her to fall to Earth.

- Anyone healed by the priest now turned into a demon.

- Manny being forced to actually take action when it is discovered the angel wasn't taking the priest to Heaven, but rather Hell and was a fallen angel.

- Zed learns there really is a war going on between Heaven and Hell, and she was now part of the war.

Now who was the guy in the car at the close of the episode that was trying to grab Zed?

I can never remember that this is on until 20 minutes or so into the episode, so I just skip it altogether. That's OK, though, as I am not a Nielson household, and I think the OnDemand viewing gets counted, so maybe I am actually helping by watching that way.

-slym