• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

^^^ congrats! Was that the one on eBay? There was a lot of 1-3 I thnk that went for pretty cheap.

Yup, ebay, this had a BIN of 180, which was already pretty solid I thought but I figured I'd throw an offer and see if I could get it for less.

Rob, there's plenty but not many graded books.

It's rare for someone to sell a book that it is NM or NM/MT for that matter.

I have only one book come as advertised by buying one off one of the Crabtree's.

CGC invincible # 1 sold via PM for 180. Up from 135 sold last month.

Plus, the only 9.8 available on eBay was bought by yours truly ;) [/quote

I resubbed a 9.4 hoping for a 9.6/9.8 :wishluck:

It's possible with the book. It has some factory defects like the bottom left corner and shriveled spine. Some graders don't take note of this.

:banana:

It was a Vince weekend. I read 96-102 and am going to read through current (again) and go back and start from the beginning.

I re-read Invincible from 1 to current earlier this year. It's always a fun journey. (thumbs u

I do it once a year... good times!

Look what I bought today... Merry Christmas to me!

Screenshot2014-11-27at94800AM_zpsee49ff3f.png

You must've hopped on that fast, it's a great splash! Be interesting to see how quickly this issue sells! Such great work in this one! I don't think I have any Battle Beast pages, need one for the collection. Btw, the other pages up on Ryan's site are solid too. I'm tempted to hop on one but just made a deal for some older pages. :hi:

I wish Invincible had monthly 50 page issues. That'd be awesome!

I wish Invincible had monthly issues. That'd be awesome!

Fixed that for you. :grin:

BURN :flamed:lol

My thoughts:

#115 was excellent. Thragg setting up "shop" on THAT planet was a perfect plan and kudos to Kirkman for thinking that up (I wouldn't have). Now Thragg has a new army that will be ready in no time to deliver the Viltrumite War II.

The Battle Beast face off was awesome. Lots of spash and the bite to Thraggs eye was awesome. It was also crazy cool that Battle Beast gutted himself to "equal the playing field."

"I will have no ADVANTAGE!!" - Battle Beast

Great issue :applause:

I really liked the premise and the battle. The issue had a pretty epic feel.

However, it read WAY too quickly. I got home and pulled the issue out to read first because I was so excited. Then it took like 3 minutes to read.

It was a bit of a let down considering the wait…