• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

Almost par for what an AF15 in grade goes for :o

hm Not too sure about that. That 6.0 AF 15 in the CC auction could flirt with $30k.

-J.

(1) $25,000Hi

(1) $17,925Hi

(6) $22,108Hi $17,533Lo

Not many sales to to compare but falls right in line with those points...

Where it stands now it really is closer to being somewhere in the middle of more recent 5.0 and 5.5 AF 15 sales results. Still not bad though. (thumbs u

-J.

Population numbers from the CGC census for both books in the grade 6.0

AF15 6.0 - UNIV: 47 - QUAL: 2 - SS: 3 - RESTO: 47 = TOTAL: 99

SC4 6.0 - UNIV: 6 - QUAL: 0 - SS: 0 - RESTO: 8 = TOTAL: 14

I'm sure a large reason for the price would be that the book looks nicer than a 6.0

I'm sure a large reason for the price would be that the book looks nicer than a 6.0

Yes yes it does.

Showcase #4 CGC 7.5 closed at $17,925

The 6.0. :baiting:.

That's about on par with what an AF 15, 5.0 would bring. The 5.5 AF 15 with the gnarly dog ear went for about $20.3k.

-J.

Damn you're right. I guess i was reminiscing the days when a 7.5 could be had at that price lol

That's about on par with what an AF 15, 5.0 would bring. The 5.5 AF 15 with the gnarly dog ear went for about $20.3k.

-J.

Damn you're right. I guess i was reminiscing the days when a 7.5 could be had at that price lol

Ah yes, way back in early 2013. I remember like it was yesterday. :luhv:lol

-J.

-J.

Ah yes, way back in early 2013. I remember like it was yesterday. :luhv:lol

-J.

I think in 2013 was like 26.5 and you need to go back to 2011 in the 14.2.. ;)

Got a line on a Showcase 4 with a popped staple, back cover has three large tears and one huge section missing from the nutty putty ad. Front cover has 1 thumb sized section missing, water staining is evident, pages look tan to brittle. Seller wants 3.5K, probably grade out at a 1.8. To buy or not to buy?

My friend Mark, an LCS owner, has a 6.5(p) CGC copy of Showcase 4 at his shop for $ 5000. It has some fill in at the top and bottom of the spine, a little color touch there, and a staple tear seal. It was probably a 5.0 or better before the work and actually looks almost VF now. If anyone is interested, I can put you two together. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Got a line on a Showcase 4 with a popped staple, back cover has three large tears and one huge section missing from the nutty putty ad. Front cover has 1 thumb sized section missing, water staining is evident, pages look tan to brittle. Seller wants 3.5K, probably grade out at a 1.8. To buy or not to buy?

I saw the book and wouldn't buy it.

I saw the book and wouldn't buy it.

I'd love to see a pic of the book. There are some 1.0.-1.5 copies on ebay right now and they are listed for around 5k. If the book in question is truely a 1.8, $3,500 doesnt seem too bad I suppose.