• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,704 posts in this topic

Micronauts #8 continues to roll. ;)

Why are you sorting by highest listed? Very misleading, like someone pulling up a chart of NFLX stock 6 months ago.

Not highest listed, highest sold, and not 6 months, 90 days. :makepoint:

The most important sales are the highest ones, not the ones that fall through the cracks or poor listings.

Ohhhh, all sales are important data points if they are high enough. There are no outliers unless they are too low. Now I get what you've been saying all this time. :facepalm:

Why are you sorting by highest listed? Very misleading, like someone pulling up a chart of NFLX stock 6 months ago.

The most important sales are the highest ones, not the ones that fall through the cracks or poor listings.

Ohhhh, all sales are important data points if they are high enough. There are no outliers unless they are too low. Now I get what you've been saying all this time. :facepalm:

Nope, all sales are data points (especially those "low outliers" if you're a tight-azz buyer) lol

I'd say the most important sales are the mode, or what passes for it, as anyone can get a deal or made a poor purchasing decision. If you really think the high results are what's important, then the recent sales of Turok #1 at $6 and $4.50 means that the speculators from the '90s are actually going to make money on that, and we know that that isn't going to happen.

What's a "mode"? hm And have you ever sold books? lol

It's a pretty common mathematical term.

Do you identify a single digit outlier on sales? I understand your train of thought; hopefully you have a qualified professional handling your investments and you're not doing it on your own.

I'd say the most important sales are the mode, or what passes for it, as anyone can get a deal or made a poor purchasing decision. If you really think the high results are what's important, then the recent sales of Turok #1 at $6 and $4.50 means that the speculators from the '90s are actually going to make money on that, and we know that that isn't going to happen.

Thanks! (Although not at all applicable here.)

I started the Micronauts #8 GOTG spec talk so if I'm right I'll give myself a pat on the back and if I'm wrong I apologize to whoever spent over $300 on the CGC 9.8's

You started it here, but there were high sales way in advance of your comment. (thumbs u

Depending on what you're trying to figure, I would say it is. The most common value that a book has sold for is going to provide a good guide as to what you should expect to get for it, or pay for it. Now, if you're very patient and don't particularly care whether a book actually sells, then maybe the highest price point matters in that it provides a guide as to what someone who is not paying attention to average prices might overpay for a copy. But I imagine one would make more money (from selling more books), by referencing not only the highest price (paid by one person who now has his book), but rather the prices that people are commonly willing to pay.

Depending on what you're trying to figure, I would say it is. The most common value that a book has sold for is going to provide a good guide as to what you should expect to get for it, or pay for it. Now, if you're very patient and don't particularly care whether a book actually sells, then maybe the highest price point matters in that it provides a guide as to what someone who is not paying attention to average prices might overpay for a copy. But I imagine one would make more money (from selling more books), by referencing not only the highest price (paid by one person who now has his book), but rather the prices that people are commonly willing to pay.

Assuming they had a bottomless inventory of said books. ;)

:gossip: you can hit a little link on the left to sort to only comics.

And so can you, DF. :grin:

You post these links like you're a genius and we don't know how to use eBay and yet you get feedback on how they could be better and you tell us how dumb we are basically.

You have some serious self-esteem issues . . . :grin:

This has nothing to do with self esteem.

You post these links like you're a genius and we don't know how to use eBay and yet you get feedback on how they could be better and you tell us how dumb we are basically.

Whatever this is, does it need to play out in public? Just use the ignore function if you don't care for divad's posts.

Assuming they had a bottomless inventory of said books. ;)

It doesn't have to be "bottomless"; you just have to have the desire to actually sell books

Whatever this is, does it need to play out in public? Just use the ignore function if you don't care for divad's posts.

I never understood why anybody would use the ignore function...how can you see what stupidity the person you have on ignore says next?

Jim