• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Constantine TV Trailer

574 posts in this topic

Matt Ryan Weighs In On Possibly Bringing CONSTANTINE To The Big Screen

--------------------

Pacific Rim director Guillermo del Toro recently revealed that he would be open to casting Ryan in the long delayed Dark Universe, a.k.a. Justice League Dark, and this is something Ryan would also be interested in!

"What’s so great is that there’s so many great storylines and the Justice League Dark stuff as well. How fantastic would that be if we could do something like that? Obviously those things are out of my hands, so we’ll see."

--------------------

NBC's CONSTANTINE Sees A Rise In Friday Night Ratings

---------------------

NBC's newest supernatural drama based on DC comics Hellblazer, Constantine, has had much trouble finding its foothold in terms of ratings. While the show is beloved by many fans, it had fallen far from its 1.4 rating premiere. Since then ratings for Constantine have gone up and down each week since the shows debut and this past Friday was no different, as ratings for Constantine rose to a nice 1.1 (3.54 million viewers). That's up three tenths from last weeks 0.8 rating. This is great news for a show many feared would be cancled too soon.

---------------------

It's the time slot, as others have pointed out. 10 PM on a Friday is not the best of places to be when it comes to airing of most any show.

I completed Episode 5. And I am overjoyed with the progress of this show.

:applause:

- Papa Midnite and Constantine being forced to team up was very interesting.

- The raising of the dead which were then feeding off the living was fantastically dark.

- The three ghosts came from folklore and urban legends, which was discussed in the Extra Footage On-Demand content (well worth watching).

- Jim Corrigan revealing he knows who Zed is added a wonderful taste of mystery.

- Emmett Scanlan was really good. But that scene with his future revealed was wild!

- Papa Midnite revealing Constantine is going to be betrayed soon by someone close to him was a really cool way to end the episode.

:whee:

I watched a little bit of 2 episodes and thought to myself repeatedly, "I've already seen this on Supernatural." Considering that show is recent and still on I found myself not very interested in this show or its actors.

I thought the same thing too. But I still watch it.

I watched a little bit of 2 episodes and thought to myself repeatedly, "I've already seen this on Supernatural." Considering that show is recent and still on I found myself not very interested in this show or its actors.

If you are looking at this as simply Heaven versus Hell, with someone in the middle potentially being toyed with by both sides - sure. You can make that assumption 'Supernatural' and 'Constantine' are cut from close to the same cloth.

But with the Hellblazer material being around since 1985 with his introduction, Constantine has a much larger universe to build upon. Especially with the many, many characters that have a strong chance of appearing. With that Doctor Fate helmet being shown in the first episode, and then Jim Corrigan by the fifth episode, I don't think we have long to wait.

constantine-casts-jim-corrigan-aka-the-future-spec-sxrd-1920-113408.jpg

Now if they get around to Swamp Thing, I will be overjoyed. And I am thinking he has to be in the works.

Now if they get around to Swamp Thing, I will be overjoyed. And I am thinking he has to be in the works.

Absolutely! If the storyline makes its way down to Louisiana, we should at least run into Abby or even Tefé. In episode 3 (I think) where Zed comes in and sees Constantine practicing spells naked/no shirt? (Not sure), I was half expecting to see the tattoo of the tree that Swamp Thing got put on John's when he possessed his body! lol

If you are looking at this as simply Heaven versus Hell, with someone in the middle potentially being toyed with by both sides - sure. You can make that assumption 'Supernatural' and 'Constantine' are cut from close to the same cloth.

But with the Hellblazer material being around since 1985 since his introduction, Constantine has a much larger universe to build upon. Especially with the many, many characters that have a strong chance of appearing. With that Doctor Fate helmet being shown in the first episode, and then Jim Corrigan by the fifth episode, I don't think we have long to wait.

constantine-casts-jim-corrigan-aka-the-future-spec-sxrd-1920-113408.jpg

I would be surprised if it lasts longer than 2 seasons on NBC. This type of show doesn't seem like a usual NBC show and will most likely be given a very short leash. I see its only possibility for longevity being if it gets enough episodes under its belt NBC axes it and Syfy which has already ran episodes picks it up as it has done with other shows in the past.

As for the Supernatural comparisons it has an uphill battle attracting non comic fans who have already experienced 10 years of Supernatural. It's rather amusing that Castiel has been rocking the exact same look as Constantine for over half a decade now. I get that the source material has been around long before Supernatural but with X-Files and Supernatural all being available on Netflix streaming this show just seems to offer nothing fresh. I get the hope of adding the other DC supernatural characters will help set the show apart from similarly themed shows of the past but being on NBC I don't see much hope for a long run.

I mean the premise the show starts off with is Constantine's soul being damned to hell but it might not be too late. Already saw that in season 3 of Supernatural with Dean. Considering Dean and Sam have had that type of scenario play out a few times on that show may have fans of Supernatural saying eh that's been done and tune out. Even that mystical little Cabin house that defies physics just reminds me of the new hide out they got in Supernatural a few years ago. Basically ever minute I spent watching Constantine I found I'd rather watch just be watching show that I felt jumped the shark following season 6.

I would be surprised if it lasts longer than 2 seasons on NBC. This type of show doesn't seem like a usual NBC show and will most likely be given a very short leash. I see its only possibility for longevity being if it gets enough episodes under its belt NBC axes it and Syfy which has already ran episodes picks it up as it has done with other shows in the past.

As for the Supernatural comparisons it has an uphill battle attracting non comic fans who have already experienced 10 years of Supernatural. It's rather amusing that Castiel has been rocking the exact same look as Constantine for over half a decade now. I get that the source material has been around long before Supernatural but with X-Files and Supernatural all being available on Netflix streaming this show just seems to offer nothing fresh. I get the hope of adding the other DC supernatural characters will help set the show apart from similarly themed shows of the past but being on NBC I don't see much hope for a long run.

I mean the premise the show starts off with is Constantine's soul being damned to hell but it might not be too late. Already saw that in season 3 of Supernatural with Dean. Considering Dean and Sam have had that type of scenario play out a few times on that show may have fans of Supernatural saying eh that's been done and tune out. Even that mystical little Cabin house that defies physics just reminds me of the new hide out they got in Supernatural a few years ago. Basically ever minute I spent watching Constantine I found I'd rather watch just be watching show that I felt jumped the shark following season 6.

But did they have this?

angelica-celaya-constantine-nbc.jpg

:whee:

CONSTANTINE Will End Season at Episode Thirteen

-----------------------

Deadline has just confirmed NBC's decision to halt Constantine's first season at 13 episodes. Whether it will be cancelled or not has yet to be confirmed. Although, NBC has shown the show some care recently. They have had marathons off SyFy although they kept it on it's timeslot. Some murmers around fan communities believe that NBC will move Constantine over to SyFy (Another Viacom channel) as Constantine did well in it's SyFy marathon.

-----------------------

tumblr_nf1v27Y3bg1spi329o1_500.gif

i think having a 13 or 16 episode season for shows like these is smart and it doesnt get to feel like it's being drag out.

I kind of feel the same way. Just enough to make it feel like a full season of fantastic stories and characters. But not so much as to burn you out on the details.

Maybe a move to SYFY, though not high on the list, would allow for a better time slot while still allowing the creative freedom that has been shown with the gory stories.