• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC & Marvel movie road ahead - 2015 to 2020
1 1

548 posts in this topic

New Report Indicates That Joe And Anthony Russo Will Helm AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

---------------------

"The Russo are building up their Marvel cred with this all-star outing, and I keep hearing they will step up to the ultimate Marvel all-star team and take the reins of The Avengers franchise from Joss Whedon, possibly with that next film that will shoot back to back."

---------------------

:o

16354_stick_it_canada_270.jpg

Arrow's Stephen Amell on DC movies: 'It could have been handled better'

-----------------------

"I thought that the way that Warner Bros announced the slate of DC movies could have been handled better," he told AMC Movie Talk. "And I think someone like Grant Gustin, who has just launched an iconic character like The Flash to record-breaking numbers, numbers that far-surpassed Arrow's numbers, he should have been given a wider berth than two episodes before another actor was announced to play his character."

-----------------------

But this was even more interesting.

-----------------------

Amell went on to qualify that he approves of DC Comics's overall plan for its movies, and has not completely ruled out playing The Arrow on the big screen.

He explained: "The plans that Warner Bros has, and it's a great plan, overall, and DC has for the introduction to the Justice League of America and all the standalone films, is going to take place over the course of five to six years. So who knows what could happen?

"I've had some great conversations with Geoff Johns, who is DC's chief creative officer. We had this conversation shortly after these announcements were made, and I came away from the conversation feeling great."

-----------------------

:wishluck:

Arrow's Stephen Amell on DC movies: 'It could have been handled better'

-----------------------

"I thought that the way that Warner Bros announced the slate of DC movies could have been handled better," he told AMC Movie Talk. "And I think someone like Grant Gustin, who has just launched an iconic character like The Flash to record-breaking numbers, numbers that far-surpassed Arrow's numbers, he should have been given a wider berth than two episodes before another actor was announced to play his character."

-----------------------

But this was even more interesting.

-----------------------

Amell went on to qualify that he approves of DC Comics's overall plan for its movies, and has not completely ruled out playing The Arrow on the big screen.

He explained: "The plans that Warner Bros has, and it's a great plan, overall, and DC has for the introduction to the Justice League of America and all the standalone films, is going to take place over the course of five to six years. So who knows what could happen?

"I've had some great conversations with Geoff Johns, who is DC's chief creative officer. We had this conversation shortly after these announcements were made, and I came away from the conversation feeling great."

-----------------------

:wishluck:

it could be that johns explain to him the plan and maybe a road map the he and some of WB/DC knows is going to happen in both TV and Movies.

Very interesting!

James Gunn Discusses Shared Universes Saying "The Business Model Is Flawed"

---------------------

"Listen, I love big shared universes in movies, as well as huge franchises. But I'm a little worried about the numerous shared universes being planned by the studios, without having a strong base film to grow from - or in some cases, NO base film to grow from. Star Wars had the original Star Wars, the Marvel Universe had the original Iron Man, the Dark Knight series had Batman Begins, even movies like Transformers and Twilight - these were movies audiences loved, and the audiences demanded more from these characters. But these days studios are trying to grow trees without a strong seed. Execs and producers and sometimes even directors are focused on the big picture, without perfecting the task directly in front of them - making a great movie. And studios are trying to grow franchises from non-existent films or middling successes. It's like they aren't taking audiences into account at all anymore. I know George Lucas, Kevin Feige, John Favreau, etc, had ideas where their films would potentially lead in the face of success. But I don't think it ever got in the way of making that first movie count as if it was the last, of making it something wonderful that people would love whether it led to other films or not. In short, I think this new business model is flawed. I think filmmakers and studios should be prepared for the big picture, but never, ever let it get in the way of making a single great film. Be a little more experimental and see what works as opposed to trying to force success. And mostly, remember that we as an industry exist to serve the audiences, to communicate with them - they have a voice in what we create as well. We are not here to dictate what they want to see, mostly because that's simply not possible."

---------------------

I know I have concerns with the Universal Monsters Franchise looking to be built out. All of those monsters are great by themselves.

Al Pacino Confirms That He's Met With Kevin Feige; Teases Upcoming MARVEL Role

-----------------

"I've met with the Marvel guy. It's a Marvel how things happen [Laughs]," Al Pacino tells Josh Horowitz on the latest instalment of his Happy Sad Confused podcast. The actor then goes on to praise Guardians of the Galaxy (you can find this part of the conversation at roughly the 22:00 mark) before being asked if the "Marvel guy" is in fact Kevin Feige. "Yeah. I would imagine that either there's something he feels is right for me and if I feel..."

-----------------

He did say recently he wanted to be in a Marvel movie.

the headline is a little misleading. The email example they used specifically mentions the animated movie but nothing about the Civil War role.

I stand by my prediction. Sony is not giving up Spider-man nor will Spider-man appear in any Marvel movies in the next 10 years

the headline is a little misleading. The email example they used specifically mentions the animated movie but nothing about the Civil War role.

I stand by my prediction. Sony is not giving up Spider-man nor will Spider-man appear in any Marvel movies in the next 10 years

It does mention that they were in discussions to have Marvel produce a new Spider-Man trilogy, but those discussion recently broke off.

An Oct. 30 email from Sony Pictures President Doug Belgrad to Pascal discussed the possibility of Marvel producing a new Spider-Man trilogy that would see Sony retain “creative control, marketing and distribution.”

Those discussions later broke down, The Journal reports, adding that The Lego Movie directors Chris Miller and Phil Lord have a Spider-Man animated comedy in development at the studio.