• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,201 posts in this topic

The same rules should apply to everyone.

Otherwise what is the point.

You are correct. I beg of you...please.. please nominate those malcontents!

People have their lists of who they won't deal with. When you harass enough people with your "could you do 80% off of your asking price and throw in shipping" sometimes your name gets added to those lists. That and reversing PayPal charges. :/ You can't nominate someone to the PL because they don't want to deal with your shenanigans. lol

I had someone PM me thinking I was a mod ( :D ) praying that their transaction with you would be straightened out saying the same thing happened to them. If they want to come forward, they can. That's not up to me. (shrug)

lol, I thought I was the only one that didn't like his 80% off tactics :whistle:

So what he is saying is, he caused all this trouble and now seller wants to cancel deal due to his insufficient funds that they're going to be nominated? Lets see what the votes will be on this matter.

Edited by PhoKing

People have their lists of who they won't deal with. When you harass enough people with your "could you do 80% off of your asking price and throw in shipping" sometimes your name gets added to those lists. That and reversing PayPal charges. :/ You can't nominate someone to the PL because they don't want to deal with your shenanigans. lol

I had someone PM me thinking I was a mod ( :D ) praying that their transaction with you would be straightened out saying the same thing happened to them. If they want to come forward, they can. That's not up to me. (shrug)

lol, I thought I was the only one that didn't like his 80% off tactics :whistle:

So what he is saying is, he caused all this trouble and now seller wants to cancel deal due to his insufficient funds that they're going to be nominated? Lets see what the votes will be on this matter.

I think him and Adonis should have a deal see where that ends up.

Ok, I guess I have to enter this thread.

I am one of the people who canceled a sale to Hustruck. I did so reluctantly, after a significant amount of time, and with no ill will or happiness at all. I have nothing bad to say about him because I don't know exactly what happened, but clearly multiple negative things were happening with the usual payment methods, so I exercised discretion in cancelling the sale, which I've never done on these boards.

Sellers most retain the discretion to exercise their judgment to cancel a sale when there are significant, multiple issues, involving a sale, I would think. I don't think the intent of the rules is you wait around for 30 days no matter what red flags are established well before the 30 day mark.

If that is incorrect, I'd be happy to discuss it with someone of an official capacity. Because of this situation, I am amending future sales to say I expect payment within 48 hours unless further arrangements are made by PM. Also, I saw a sale recently where the seller said they reserved the right to not sell to someone who puts up an I take it, the implication being even if they were not on the probation or HOF list. I don't know if that is permissible.

I have been forthright in my PMs to you Hustruck, and polite, and furthermore, genuine, in that I have not come to some ultimate judgment about what is going on here.

But when multiple people report problems, then I get a message saying basically, "Hey, I sent you an echeck but it might not go through, but hey, I want to send a real check," it's more than enough reason to look at the totality of the situation (others had canceled paypal payments as well) and determine it's best to pump the brakes.

As I indicated in my pm, I'm open to reassessing the possibility of future sales, if you are. But cancelled paypals, admitted possibility of canceled checks, and other things I don't see the need to blab open in public, topped off with a probation nomination, all pointed to the need to take a step back.

Hopefully we can agree somewhat to disagree here...since were not politicians...:)

Nthstars, i think most of us would have did the same thing. My posts for him to nominate were sarcastic because we would have grilled him for doing it.

What I don't understand is this:

1. PayPal is linked to your email or phone, so if payment wouldn't have gone through, wouldn't he receive notice and act upon it with the sellers to make right.

2. Payments through PayPal using a checking account gets bumped back by one thing from my understanding, insufficient funds.

Am I missing something here?

1) I've never had a paypal transaction denied so I don't know if they actually send you some kind of notification. I would assume they do. The question I still don't understand is the timing. Hustruck paid on 11/4 and yet it was "declined" almost 2 weeks later and reversed. Paypal usually posts a day or two after I make a payment so if I pay on Friday, by tuesday they have hit my bank for the funds and if declined they would reverse. So why did it take two weeks?

2) Yes this is correct. That's why they tell you to back it up with a credit card. That way if you have insufficient funds they will just hit your CC.

I think most people are dancing around this but I will just say it. I think he reversed the charges, either because he didnt have the money, changed his mind or for some nefarious reason only he would understand.