• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,187 posts in this topic

Thanks. I really want to get the full run of this, The Thing! and Masks. But I'm sure Masks is going to end up being a pipedream. Much like any hope of getting my hands on Strange Tales 28. The Thing! series doesn't look to be too bad except for #15 and maybe a couple others.

Horrific is a dependable book AFA good horror stories go, as is The Thing.

The toughest issue of The Thing is #12; I sold one of my two copies on The Bay some months back for a bit over $300, and noticed another that just sold, in about the same condition, for the same price. Both were in the G-VG range. Two sales of that issue this year has been relatively plentiful.

Thanks. I really want to get the full run of this, The Thing! and Masks. But I'm sure Masks is going to end up being a pipedream. Much like any hope of getting my hands on Strange Tales 28. The Thing! series doesn't look to be too bad except for #15 and maybe a couple others.

All the Ditko issues (12 up) are in demand, although not all of them are scarce. #s 12 and 13 are the two toughest books to find in decent shape in the run. #16 is a warehouse find and is much cheaper than the others...17 is also more common.

Picked this up on The Bay and received it today. Love the spider web rendition, and a crime comic issue looking more like a horror comic. Wanted is prolly my favorite crime comic.

2d92uwy.jpg

One of my favorites in my collection as well. Love how the word crime is incorporated into the web along with the big Mr. Crime in the background. Surprised this one hasn't broken out yet. Nice copy! :applause:

In preparation of the 1000th page of this thread, I offer my favorite comic.

Sadly I don't still have all of these, but fun to look at nonetheless.

11afe6af-b938-4378-9b6a-b046413727c5_zpsdb51858f.jpg

:headbang:

That is sweet. If course that means that Timely will be posting his Catman #28's any second.... :cry:

So awesome! Your 1.8 was that (once) raw undercopy I used to have couple years back. :)

That is sweet. If course that means that Timely will be posting his Catman #28's any second.... :cry:

So awesome! Your 1.8 was that (once) raw undercopy I used to have couple years back. :)

I had to let most go to make room for this one (Northford):

ST28FrontNorthfrd_zps83c78c40.jpg

(worship)

I think it was worth it. I don't have that "one" book that speaks to me like ST 28 does for you, but I loved reading about your pursuit of the finest copy you could get! :)

NICE! I love this cover. It's on my stack of 4 full size (13.25" x 20") recreations.

also doing...

Punch Comics 12

Dynamic Comics 8

Witches Tales 8

Just trying to decide if I want to invest in the Copics I'm missing to colors these or just leave them inked only.

Congrats again on getting that copy.

I think it was worth it. I don't have that "one" book that speaks to me like ST 28 does for you, but I loved reading about your pursuit of the finest copy you could get! :)

.... one things for sure....that gal hasn't had a man in a LONG time ......and I'm sure she'll manage to persuade him to *ahem* jump her bones :insane: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Not an uncommon book to be seen here but this is my first copy. Not super high grade but one that has a nicely centered title. Most copies have the last G in Chilling partially cut off.

ChillingTales13_zps38655926.jpg

Great book. I cherish mine, and I think it's an underrated book. The Fox story inside is awesome, too. Nice copy!

Thanks, I was long overdue adding a copy to my collection. That Fox story is awesome, the other stories have a skull biting a guys throat open and spider eggs hatching in people's bodies! :cloud9:

I forgot about that spider story. Pretty gross as I remember it!!

Not an uncommon book to be seen here but this is my first copy. Not super high grade but one that has a nicely centered title. Most copies have the last G in Chilling partially cut off.

ChillingTales13_zps38655926.jpg

Nice pick up! I don't think either of mine are that well centered (have to look).

I picked this one up tonight, and I am really excited about it. Not the best grade, but I have always loved this book!

Punch13_zps5c49898e.jpg

....nothing wrong with a nice VG.....They're the foundation that the hobby was built on :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u