• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

I couldn't find a JSC appreciation thread . (shrug) If there is already one established , I'll delete this.

I know JSC has a lot of fans out there. Let's discuss and share those awesome JSC covers/Art. I'll kick this off with one of my fave covers of one of my favorite female characters .

photo_zps6c622d0c.jpg

Edited by jreezy

Don't we have one of these threads already?
It just seems that way because of the Wolverine 1 variant thread/circle jerk. :D

Good sigs on that Spidey

:roflmao:

I'm actually surprised there wasn't a dedicated JSC thread.

I'm waiting on his second editon of all his covers in hardcover form. Does anyone know the release date for Marvelous Art ? The first edition is really nice. These hardcovers are great since i would go broke chasing all them comics. lol

Yes. Amazing sigs on that spidey Chris.

Edited by jreezy

Here's the book that really started the whole "I love J. Scott Campbell" art thing...prior to this, Danger Girl just never managed to hang on to the public's interest, and Gen 13, while extremely popular in the mid 90's, was too early in his career to really catch fire for artistic reasons. He was still feeling his way around.

But when he started doing the Spidey covers...something clicked.

023-9.jpg

Hey, look, it's the Spiderwoman pose! Spidey got back!

If JSC did that Spiderwoman cover in "his style" will it have caused an uproar ? BTW I had no issue whatsoever with that Manara cover. Seems like people made a big deal out of nothing. 2c

Edited by jreezy

Also, that Siege #3 cover had a recent sale for 2k about a week ago.

Not a fan of the cover, but people seem to love it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=972&item=261657703762&rt=nc&print=all&si=yXdfc6GimUH1GrZWfg9RdZdHZBQ%3D

That's a strong price. Another 9.8 just sold for $1,100 on comic link a month or so ago....

-J.

Hey, look, it's the Spiderwoman pose! Spidey got back!

If JSC did that Spiderwoman cover in "his style" will it have caused an uproar ? BTW I had no issue whatsoever with that Manara cover. Seems like people made a big deal out of nothing. 2c

Well...other than it was anatomically impossible, without someone holding her cheeks open, and it would have been incredibly uncomfortable to have that material caressing her most intimates, but still...

lol

My newest addition to the family

2014-11-231639071_zpse0f447ee.jpg

My favorite JSC cover ever!

Definitely one of my favorites as well. This one really took off right away and despite its 130 or so 9.8's already on the census, seems tough to come by and commands $150-$200 raw whenever auctioned even for copies that are less than NM.

-J.