• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

Speaking of our favorite wacky Dealer in the World I just got this from him in the mail this week!!!! Ted is such a great guy man he truly loves this hobby...His communication is phenomenal, he ships quick, has very reasonable pricing, and is an all around stand up guy!! He sure has landed some really cool stuff lately its just awesome!!

15739142375_c82ca8b5fc_b.jpg

:cloud9: One of the best covers in the run.

Speaking of our favorite wacky Dealer in the World I just got this from him in the mail this week!!!! Ted is such a great guy man he truly loves this hobby...His communication is phenomenal, he ships quick, has very reasonable pricing, and is an all around stand up guy!! He sure has landed some really cool stuff lately its just awesome!!

15739142375_c82ca8b5fc_b.jpg

:cloud9: One of the best covers in the run.

Agreed my friend!! one I saw J's 3.0 I just HAD to have one!! Ive had it on my wantlist for some time but it just doesnt seemingly pop up for sale that often

Interesting end to Ted's auctions last night. Some solid prices for early Archies and so-so for some of the Peps issues. I'm in Amsterdam on business and set an alarm for 2am to watch them close for two hours. I got the Laugh 22 I was after …anyone else snag anything?

Interesting end to Ted's auctions last night. Some solid prices for early Archies and so-so for some of the Peps issues. I'm in Amsterdam on business and set an alarm for 2am to watch them close for two hours. I got the Laugh 22 I was after …anyone else snag anything?
Congrats on the pic up. I wanted to participate in Teds auction, but I've got my eye on three items in HA's event this week, so saving it all for possible wins there. I did manage to snag an early Blue Ribbon (no 6, Charlie Chaplin cover menaced by axe weilding green hooded men) last week on eBay.

Congrats on the pic up. I wanted to participate in Teds auction, but I've got my eye on three items in HA's event this week, so saving it all for possible wins there. I did manage to snag an early Blue Ribbon (no 6, Charlie Chaplin cover menaced by axe weilding green hooded men) last week on eBay.

man you got all the cool books!!! :applause:

quote=gino2paulus2]

man you got all the cool books!!! :applause::blush:

I'm watching HA pretty closely too, not buying but I'm really curious to know what that Archie Annual #1 (7.5) will go for. Oh and yeah... that ratty old universal Pep 22 (7.0) :popcorn:

I'm watching HA pretty closely too, not buying but I'm really curious to know what that Archie Annual #1 (7.5) will go for. Oh and yeah... that ratty old universal Pep 22 (7.0) :popcorn:

+1. The hammer price on that alone will be worth waiting to see.

How about some thoughts from yesterday's HA auction?

Archie 1 and the Archie 2 sold for less than I thought they would, particularly the 2. The Pals & Gals 1 and Archie Annual 1 both brought some strong prices.

The biggest surprises in my mind were the stunningly low-prices that the pep comics brought. The pep 1 and the pep 36 both went too low. Even the peps with slightly brittle pages didn't go for that much.

Obviously I'm not including the star of the show, the pep 22, which brought an amazing price, I'm just saying that I think the others didn't reach their full potential.

So what do you think? Anybody get anything?

Archie 1 and the Archie 2 sold for less than I thought they would, particularly the 2. The Pals & Gals 1 and Archie Annual 1 both brought some strong prices.

The biggest surprises in my mind were the stunningly low-prices that the pep comics brought. The pep 1 and the pep 36 both went too low. Even the peps with slightly brittle pages didn't go for that much.

Obviously I'm not including the star of the show, the pep 22, which brought an amazing price, I'm just saying that I think the others didn't reach their full potential.

I was surprised the Mile High Zip #32 went for not quite but relatively close too twice the price of the Zip #28...both were 9.4 with perfect white page designation...both have classic covers and don't come to market all that often from what I understand...OS lists the #28 as the more valuable book (shrug) either way congrats to whomever picked up either copy as both were stunning

I was surprised the Mile High Zip #32 went for not quite but relatively close too twice the price of the Zip #28...both were 9.4 with perfect white page designation...both have classic covers and don't come to market all that often from what I understand...OS lists the #28 as the more valuable book (shrug) either way congrats to whomever picked up either copy as both were stunning

agreed, but the Zip 32 wasn't a shocker and didn't disappoint. That cover is one of the more "Timely-esque" MLJ's and just casts a spell on those who look upon it lol

On another note, I think as primarily MLJ enthusiasts ( though we enjoy a bit of everything) you guys may have not noticed the soft results on a lot of other blue chips: some of the Captain America's, the Superman lots( particularly the no.2 !?!?!) Even some of the high grade Planets.

What surprised me most was the surprise over the More Fun 73 going so high, and no one ( or I didn't notice at least) bat an eye at the high hammer on the Little Dot(even if it is Richie Rich). I think more 20 something's and under today know Green Arrow and Aquaman over Richie Rich. But again, taste is taste and that what makes auctions and collecting so much fun!

I think the Peps suffered from PQ: tan and brittle pages are going to put a big damper on bidding. I was a little surprised that the Archie 1 went as low as it did, but it had a detached cover, so…

I would have bought that Pals n Gals when it was on ebay for $1200 a few years ago, but the cover registration just wouldn't let me pay that kind of $ for it.