• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Showcase Collecting Thread
5 5

944 posts in this topic

Also, the Showcase split set is only 5 sets away from happening. Thanks Boba. :headbang:

I looked a few days ago and it was like 65 sets away. They are catching up I guess. Very cool!

I'm not sure where they'll divide it, I PM'd Gemma to ask if we could change the diving line to 64/65 but I haven't heard any word back. It really doesn't matter a whole lot I guess just as long as it's split. :grin:

Since this relates somewhat, a bunch of early Showcases (10 in fact) in CC's Event auction that came from a bound volume listed as 6.0 were just downgraded to "No Grade" with multiple bids on most of the books. What happens to bidders who bid on them as 6.0's

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookSearch.php?title=showcase&issue=

"From bound volume, trimmed, tape at spine; otherwise VG in appearance"

A far cry from FINE

It's official, this is what Showcase #'s 1 - 61 (+64) looks like laid out on a rug and shot from above. I have several shots, none captures all the books, but collectively they're all captured (see the slide show).

It's done! :whee:

I already have an upgrade for Showcase #16 in hand, so things will change, but here they are :acclaim:

ShowcaseGROUP2_zps0632af0f.jpg

Here's a slide-show with few more shots: http://s226.photobucket.com/user/ollerom_photos/slideshow/showcase%20group%20shots

Incredible. When I think about the effort involved in amassing this collection I am in awe. I really wonder if this would have been possible before the internet ? Congrats !

You got that right! (thumbs u

When I never even saw some of these books in this run when I collected DC's back in the 60's and 70's.

The internet opens up a world of possibilities. :acclaim:

It's official, this is what Showcase #'s 1 - 61 (+64) looks like laid out on a rug and shot from above. I have several shots, none captures all the books, but collectively they're all captured (see the slide show).

It's done! :whee:

I already have an upgrade for Showcase #16 in hand, so things will change, but here they are :acclaim:

ShowcaseGROUP2_zps0632af0f.jpg

Here's a slide-show with few more shots: http://s226.photobucket.com/user/ollerom_photos/slideshow/showcase%20group%20shots

Totally incredible! Huge (thumbs u

Incredible. When I think about the effort involved in amassing this collection I am in awe. I really wonder if this would have been possible before the internet ? Congrats !

You got that right! (thumbs u

When I never even saw some of these books in this run when I collected DC's back in the 60's and 70's.

The internet opens up a world of possibilities. :acclaim:

Congratulations, like Bomber-Bob I am really in awe . :applause:

I am very surprised when you say you had to wait for the internet to complete such a run.

From the other side of the Atlantic, collecting in the US seemed so much easier... well, I was wrong ! doh!

Wow, a #37 in 7.0 with WHITE pages ! Don't see that too often. I'm actually thinking about downgrading my 7.5 OW to that copy for the PQ, seriously.

I guess you didn't make a go for it. (:

The price was so low right before the end, t couldn't resist :blush:

RAD3695E2014115_165739_zpsce8411f1.jpg

Wow, a #37 in 7.0 with WHITE pages ! Don't see that too often. I'm actually thinking about downgrading my 7.5 OW to that copy for the PQ, seriously.

I guess you didn't make a go for it. (:

The price was so low right before the end, t couldn't resist :blush:

RAD3695E2014115_165739_zpsce8411f1.jpg

Beautiful looking copy. Better eye appeal than my 7.0 that I displayed in this thread awhile back. Looks every bit as nice as any 8.0 should look. Congrats on a fine pick up!

:applause:

I believe this was your statement on pursuing the Showcase 37 7.0....... :taptaptap:

I saw that. I'm gonna sit on my hands promise :wishluck:

My sister was rushed to the hospital so I was not around for the auction. I had the high bid when I left but it obviously wasn't strong enough. I honestly don't know why it went so cheap. How many copies of SC 37 do you have ?

I believe this was your statement on pursuing the Showcase 37 7.0....... :taptaptap:

I saw that. I'm gonna sit on my hands promise :wishluck:

My sister was rushed to the hospital so I was not around for the auction. I had the high bid when I left but it obviously wasn't strong enough. I honestly don't know why it went so cheap. How many copies of SC 37 do you have ?

Only 2, my 7.0 O/W copy and now this White-pager. You're not going to believe this, but the I placed that $506 winning bid about an hour before the auction ended I think it was, it jumped to around $475 and held that number until the end when it showed my $506 bid as the winner. I never actually expected to win the book for that bid, I was just playing it safe, in the event it didn't get bid up - and I guess I got lucky. I paid over $700 for my other copy! If I was hoarding them, I think the time to do that would have been 2 years ago.

That ship has sailed. This was bum luck. (shrug)