• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Famous/weird/bizarre buyers?
1 1

74 posts in this topic

Ever shipped a comic to a celebrity? or anyone else that sticks out of the norm?

I had a Killing Joke comic shipped to a corrections center in florida once which got mailed back to me.. Then I contacted the buyer, who turned out to be the kid's mother who bought it for him. I ended up shipping it to her instead..

I've sold some books to a fairly well known comicbook artist around these parts.

On a side note, I use to work for Brinks Home Security and handled a break-in alarm back in the late 90's at Todd Toys and the first contact was Todd McFarlane. I also worked a few alarms for some well known movie stars that year on the night of the Oscar awards. They set off their alarm and didn't remember their security code of password. And didn't care that I was going to have to send the police to their residence, they were late for the awards show.

One was a pro wrestler, one was an actor known to do B movie roles. Neither would want their names posted.

And both bought their books directly.

The Sinister Minister and Billy Zane?

sinister_scariest.jpgBilly-Zane.jpg

(tsk)

jgbm7u.jpgbill_hader_seth_rogen1.jpg

:jokealert:

Years ago I bought some Mad Magazine stuff from Abe Vigoda. At least that was the name/screen name of the person. I didn't realize until years later that it is a name of an actor. I will never know if it was really him.

Back when yahoo used to have auctions I bought a comic to a person whose name was Kandy Corn (maybe it was Candy Korn)

Not comics but , back in the 90's I did the east coast national sportcard show and Reggie Jackson was there buying his rookie cards. I had 2 or 3 in my showcase. Sure enough he stopped by my table asked to look at the cards, looked at them and gave them back, said thanks and walked away. His lackey then walks up and proceeds to tell me to sell them to Reggie for basically peanuts because he was Reggie. Put a bad taste in my mouth to this day the way he did it. Needless to say he did not buy any of mine. I heard he did buy a bunch though.