• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archie 1-10 +50 CLUB
12 12

1,011 posts in this topic

Check out the ComicConnect Archie 1 auctions:

8.0 UNRESTORED!!!

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=568460

SOLD for $122,567

7.0 restored Mod/Pro

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=558221

SOLD for $14,767

Cover only

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=554579

SOLD for $2,988

I was surprised by the 8.0 price. I honestly thought it would go higher.

I had no clue as to what the 7.0 restored would go for, $14,767 seems about right.

What do you think of the nearly $3k for the Archie cover?

Looks familiar :gossip:

Back story on this cover only. Bought it on ebay about 10 years ago with covers for 1 6 and 9 plus some coverless Archies. One of which was the coverless 6. Kind of nice. Anyway sold the 6 and 9 and then found a coverless Archie 1 but it was missing the c.f. That was for $1500. Rigamorole to get my money back but then finally do and the seller of the coverless offers to buy the cover for $1500 (which at the time was generous) and now here we are.

I kept a comic inside it so the spine wouldn't crease unnaturally and lead to a split. I guess it's protected now.

scan.jpg

Check out the ComicConnect Archie 1 auctions:

8.0 UNRESTORED!!!

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=568460

SOLD for $122,567

7.0 restored Mod/Pro

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=558221

SOLD for $14,767

Cover only

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=554579

SOLD for $2,988

I was surprised by the 8.0 price. I honestly thought it would go higher.

I had no clue as to what the 7.0 restored would go for, $14,767 seems about right.

What do you think of the nearly $3k for the Archie cover?

Looks familiar :gossip:

Back story on this cover only. Bought it on ebay about 10 years ago with covers for 1 6 and 9 plus some coverless Archies. One of which was the coverless 6. Kind of nice. Anyway sold the 6 and 9 and then found a coverless Archie 1 but it was missing the c.f. That was for $1500. Rigamorole to get my money back but then finally do and the seller of the coverless offers to buy the cover for $1500 (which at the time was generous) and now here we are.

I kept a comic inside it so the spine wouldn't crease unnaturally and lead to a split. I guess it's protected now.

Pretty cool to hear the back story. Thanks for sharing.

Tonight's topic: Archie 3 (7.0 Universal) $4,000 and Archie 50 (7.0 Universal) $1,200 on CL's auction.

Thoughts on these prices? High? Low?

Any of this crew get one of them?

The buyer of the 6.5 Archie 3 in Feb for $5079 just drank a bottle of Pepto Bismol.

Archie 3 7.0 for $4000 seems like a deal.

The Archie 50 for $1200 seems about right.

Is a bubble bursting on early Archies? Are we going to enter a plateau? I think Pep 22 and Archie 1 are going to still be hot, but I wonder about 2-10.

Good god, you sound like my mother and my wife. :roflmao:

Everything is cyclical buddy.... hankuna matata, and all that stuff. I have yet to see any signs of a weakening market for early Archies ... as a matter of fact I have been impressed with how strong the market has been. I think when there is a string of early Archie books for sale in the same number range you see slightly lower prices than you would if people were fighting over the books, but in general the prices for 2-10 and certainly of 50 seem to be on the rise.

Of course, you're right, Pep 22 (which I will never own since Adam never emailed me back) and Archie 1 will always be the most sought after but 2-10 will always be strong sellers.

This is all one man's opinion of course, and a collector at that, so I might have a different view if I was actively selling and trying to turn a profit.

(I seem to be a fan of the letter S)

Edited by GoldenPRGuy

People are watching sales data much too closely. It used to be a year between updates and not months or even weeks. Or *gulp* days.

This 'immature' sort of expectation that prices should rise with every available opportunity is unsustainable and unreaonable. And it often comes from people looking to earn money fast. Just take a step back and smell the roses over a 5 year period to get some perspective.

I don't think the Archie market is deep enough to continue to experience the kinds of increases we've seen over the last few years. I expect that most of the big gains on the non key books are done for a while. That said, I think the market is still very strong for these books.

The Archie reader market is huge. The Vintage market is much thinner. Having said that, it is growing in both appreciation and respect.

I remember dealers laughing at me for the prices I was paying for Pep 22 about 5 years ago. Those same dealers respect the book now.

Of course, you're right, Pep 22 (which I will never own since Adam never emailed me back) and Archie 1 will always be the most sought after but 2-10 will always be strong sellers.

I agree. Especially for those of us who want to own an example of early Archie, but can't afford #1. We'll make do with #9 (for example) and be happy with what we can afford. :)

I agree. Especially for those of us who want to own an example of early Archie, but can't afford #1. We'll make do with #9 (for example) and be happy with what we can afford. :)

I think that some of the modern Archie endeavors such as Archie gets married, Life With Archie, and Afterlife with Archie have helped give Archie a bit more credibility in collecting circles.

There has definitely been an in increase in collector interest over the past few years. How many of those collectors stay in the game for the long term will impact how well prices hold up. I do think that Archie 1 and Pep 22 have officially become serious keys and I don't think that will change in the near future.

This thread has been too quiet.... What do you think of the prices Ted saw on his books last night?

Archie 4 (1.0) - $283

Archie 5 (3.0) - $1,025

Archie 7 (3.0) - $1,175

Archie 9 (6.0) - $3,201

Archie 11 (8.5) - $3,053 (I know this is outside our group but...)

Archie 6 (3.5) and Archie 10 (6.0) on the block now ... any guesses?

While we're at it there is a restored Archie 5 (6.0) for $1,600 on the Bay, there's an Archie 1 (2.5) on CC for 7K-ish, there's a 2,5,6,7,8 and 10 about to open on CL, and HA has a 1,2,8 and 50 underway.

On a personal note I'm very interested to see what the Archie Annual 1 (7.5) will go for ... Already up to approx $4200 with the BP.

Talk to me! :)

This thread has been too quiet.... What do you think of the prices Ted saw on his books last night?

Archie 4 (1.0) - $283

Archie 5 (3.0) - $1,025

Archie 7 (3.0) - $1,175

Archie 9 (6.0) - $3,201

Archie 11 (8.5) - $3,053 (I know this is outside our group but...)

Archie 6 (3.5) and Archie 10 (6.0) on the block now ... any guesses?

While we're at it there is a restored Archie 5 (6.0) for $1,600 on the Bay, there's an Archie 1 (2.5) on CC for 7K-ish, there's a 2,5,6,7,8 and 10 about to open on CL, and HA has a 1,2,8 and 50 underway.

On a personal note I'm very interested to see what the Archie Annual 1 (7.5) will go for ... Already up to approx $4200 with the BP.

Talk to me! :)

I was watching Ted's auctions as well. He listed an Archie #8 last night that has already passed $1,000. A number of the books brought some really strong prices. I placed some bids throughout last week's auctions but I've come to the realization that I'm not going to be adding any of his books to my collection.

Some interesting prices on HA yesterday. That Archie 1 (3.0) actually went for a little less than I thought it would. That Archie 2 (2.0) was a steal, I hope one of you got it. I wonder if Todd's observation about the upcoming 2.5, looking the way it does, took some of the interest way from the 3.0.

I was of course very pleased to see what that Archie Annual 1 sold for.

The Archie reader market is huge. The Vintage market is much thinner. Having said that, it is growing in both appreciation and respect.

I remember dealers laughing at me for the prices I was paying for Pep 22 about 5 years ago. Those same dealers respect the book now.

you tell them Roy :)

Some interesting prices on HA yesterday. That Archie 1 (3.0) actually went for a little less than I thought it would. That Archie 2 (2.0) was a steal, I hope one of you got it. I wonder if Todd's observation about the upcoming 2.5, looking the way it does, took some of the interest way from the 3.0.

I was of course very pleased to see what that Archie Annual 1 sold for.

That Archie Annual 1 is one crisp looking, sharp cornered book!

I initially bid on some of the non-Archie cover Pep's but I forgot to follow-up before the auctions ended so I didn't win anything.

Here's a new listing for Archie #2 on ebay. It appears a bit suspicious.

Archie 2

This is the only item the seller has listed, all the seller's feedback is more than 1 year old, and I have never seen a seller with so much feedback from NARU'd ebay ID's. Also, much of the feedback has similar wording although it's from many different users.