• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gold Key
2 2

501 posts in this topic

An early issue in the Gold Key run of 28.

LRGK_2.jpg

This was the very first comic that I ever bought - summer of 1965 in Ottawa, Ontario at the age of 8. I remember the day like it was yesterday...

Do you still collect Gold Key titles from the sixties then?

???

Sorry for the late reply…yes I do…not so much in grade though but rather decent reading copies.

I have a full run of Phantoms minus #2.

I have a full run of Turoks and now I'm working on getting the numerous variants that are out there - and those variant are numerous.

I also have a lot of other titles here and there. I may try and complete the Tarzan run next…

What about you?

Not many of these in the census. Last I knew there was a 9.2 and a 9.4 (which I also own)

Stoked to own a 9.8 issue #1 funny book from one of my all time favorite animated classics!! :cloud9:

B4F21490-362E-4BE0-A3B9-32041A43CB7F_zpsyvsbtzio.jpg

Really nice!

I got this back from CGC yesterday. Another one you don't see that often. There is another 9.4 but with off white census (I bought that raw off eBay and subbed it, but needed at least ow/w) and there is what I presume is a gorgeous 9.8 in the census too.

I'm happy I finally created one for myself:)

(Sorry about crappy pic, just used my phone here at my desk)

261663E2-F52B-48E5-8FDB-D294D357E990_zpstaqlener.jpg

FlintstonesWithPebblesBammBammcopy_zps64526e9b.jpg

I read this thread from the beginning last night; great examples from a great company.

I never understood why Gold Key issued the lower quality paper cover giants like the above example. It seems out of step with the quality of the rest of the line.

Attempt to save a little money, I guess. Anyone know how many there are? I have a copy of the Best of DD and US (or something close to that title) that uses the cover to FC 386 as its cover. I'm sure there are some others.

Edited by Sqeggs

I read this thread from the beginning last night; great examples from a great company.

I never understood why Gold Key issued the lower quality paper cover giants like the above example. It seems out of step with the quality of the rest of the line.

Attempt to save a little money, I guess. Anyone know how many there are? I have a copy of the Best of DD and US (or something close to that title) that uses the cover to FC 486 as its cover. I'm sure there are some others.

The other interesting phenomenon is the TOPS comics reprints. Gold Keys in disguise! I have piles of original Disney Gold Keys I bought off the stands from the early to late seventies. I'll try to post some of the rarer books sometime.