• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

being here longer than someone else shouldn't be warn as a badge of honour.

It just makes you look like two chains with three chains. Crawfish.

You mean "worn" as a badge of honor?

And do you mean '2 Chainz' ?

I have a question that I hope someone(s) would be able to give me insight on.

When listing CGC graded pre-sales, or items for sale that are being made available from the conventions etc. Is it right to assume that the CGC pre-sale grade should be a CGC 9.8 even if it is not stated in the ad specifically?

I ask this because I would like to make sure other board members do not get burned, disappointed, or taken advantage of because their expectations are to receive a 9.8 graded book if the ad or sales thread doesn't say specifically. A similar situation just happened to be me, and I would hate to have it happen to someone else.

I would also ask that maybe we should make it mandatory that a grade expectation is listed for CGC pre-sales? For example: Seller(s) should post "No grade assigned" or minimum 9.8...

Thoughts anyone?

Edited by Justin Tnic Otyme

When listing CGC graded pre-sales, or items for sale that are being made available from the conventions etc. Is it right to assume that the CGC pre-sale grade should be a CGC 9.8 even if it is not stated in the ad specifically?

I ask this because I would like to make sure other board members do not get burned, disappointed, or taken advantage of because their expectations are to receive a 9.8 graded book if the ad or sales thread doesn't say specifically. A similar situation just happened to be me, and I would hate to have it happen to someone else.

I would also ask that maybe we should make it mandatory that a grade expectation is listed for CGC pre-sales? For example: Seller(s) should post "No grade assigned" or minimum 9.8...

Thoughts anyone?

9.8 would be my expectation unless the seller proactively reached out to me & told me that the books weren't likely to achieve 9.8 due to shipping damage or something like that.

(shrug)

Thoughts anyone?

Imho, it's complete bull*spoon* when people pre-sell convention variants without guaranteeing grades :screwy:

Even if that variant was a hot modern book that you weren't allowed to prescreen, and 99% of your buyers understood that?

Which most grades were 9.6-9.8?

so I'm assuming you couldn't get 9.8 NYCC Wytches and now we're doing this circus again?

I got what were assumed high grade copies.

A grade was never promised other than they would be the best candidate.

A 9.6 was assigned by cgc, and the book was shipped to the buyer. Now we're at a holding pattern.

Only one person is mad.

There's no circus or pot stirring needed.

And everything is being handled with the buyer.

Even if that variant was a hot modern book that you weren't allowed to prescreen, and 99% of your buyers understood that?

Which most grades were 9.6-9.8?

Yes.

No offense, but your NYCC thread should have been pulled by the mods seeing that you weren't listing grades & didn't have photos of the books for sale - it was a pretty clear sales thread violation.

If you don't have a deal in place with the publisher or booth where the books are coming from, don't pre-sell slabbed copies till you actually have the raw books in hand.

Never once did I realize that pre-sales of exclusives from shows without an assigned grade was a violation.

Noted.

It's got nothing to do with presales - the rules have always been clear:

7. List scans or information about the grade of the offered books.

You either provide a grade or an actual scan/photo of the item you're selling so people can gauge the condition that way.

Generally speaking, I always wonder why a seller would delete any of their sales information when they close a thread - just re-title it as "closed" or if you want it stated in the first post text, spoiler tag the original offer info. (shrug)

For the protection of both parties, retaining a record of the terms/conditions of sale should be mandatory. It's also a pet peeve when sellers delete scans of sold books rather just marking them sold or spoiler tagging them - some even delete them from the source (ie- photobucket)

2c

Edited by bababooey