• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold 1-24 CLUB
2 2

121 posts in this topic

No boardie is complete without starting a CLUB ...... so here's mine..... this is devoted to the Joe Kubert masterpiece of the Adventure Genre and is the first issue of Brave and Bold to feature one single character. This book..... from Board buddy BrianR.... is one of the first books that pops into mind when I'm asked which books would I never sell. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

BB23.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

The distributor overspray kept the grade(and price...) down....... but it's tight. I got it from Brian when he was phasing out of comics..... it was once a CGC 7.5 (due to the ink)..... but presents like an 8.5/ 9.0. I've been a Viking Prince fan since the early 70's when I found a DC Special that reprinted some early episodes. There's a couple other boardies who have nice copies.... but I doubt this Club is long for the front page lol ...... but, hey, if anyone's bored with Superheroes ...... the first 22 issues of Brave and Bold feature Robin Hood, Silent Knight, and Viking Prince and 23 and 24 are solo Viking Prince. If you set the bar at 6.0, it can be a challenging but relatively affordable little mini run. GOD BLESS...

Sure superhero's and keys are more lucrative but comics like BB#23 are just so much cooler and seem so much harder to find...

Right On...... I went to the Kubert School many years ago...... and Joe was already one of my favorite artists of all time..... he was an awesome guy. Between the Viking Prince, Hawkman, Sgt Rock, Tarzan...... Kubert could do no wrong. GOD BLESS...

P.S. Another Kubert book in my "permanent collection" is a solid fine copy of Showcase 25..... another non war Grey Tone favorite...... from the tight grading Bunky Brothers......

Edited by jimjum12

No boardie is complete without starting a CLUB ...... so here's mine..... this is devoted to the Joe Kubert masterpiece of the Adventure Genre and is the first issue of Brave and Bold to feature one single character. This book..... from Board buddy BrianR.... is one of the first books that pops into mind when I'm asked which books would I never sell. GOD BLESS....

BB23.jpg

Great copy, I love the colors on this one. (thumbs u

I will have to shoot a picture of mine to become a member of this club.

The distributor overspray kept the grade(and price...) down....... but it's tight. I got it from Brian when he was phasing out of comics..... it was once a CGC 7.5 (due to the ink)..... but presents like an 8.5/ 9.0. I've been a Viking Prince fan since the early 70's when I found a DC Special that reprinted some early episodes. There's a couple other boardies who have nice copies.... but I doubt this Club is long for the front page lol ...... but, hey, if anyone's bored with Superheroes ...... the first 22 issues of Brave and Bold feature Robin Hood, Silent Knight, and Viking Prince and 23 and 24 are solo Viking Prince. If you set the bar at 6.0, it can be a challenging but relatively affordable little mini run. GOD BLESS...

I also discovered Viking Prince when I purchased DC Special 12 around 20 years ago. I purchased the DC omnibus when it was released (which is a great reprint by the way, they did a great job with the paper and colors for once). I have always been lurking around issues from the run at shows but never pulled the trigger because the books were a little to low grade for me.

A 23 came recently up for sale here on the boards and I pulled the trigger. I purchased a 3 in the latest Clink auction and hope to add a few more issues soon.

Here's my copy. Came from Cal Slobodian's collection:

bnb23.jpg

if anyone's bored with Superheroes ...... the first 22 issues of Brave and Bold feature Robin Hood, Silent Knight, and Viking Prince and 23 and 24 are solo Viking Prince. If you set the bar at 6.0, it can be a challenging but relatively affordable little mini run. (thumbs u

James, having a whole thread devoted to B&B 1-23 is noble indeed! I LOVE those books!! It's essentially the war comics artists (sans Grandenetti and Drucker) working on adventure series. Here's my copy of #3 to get things started. I bought this from Harley about 23 years ago. I THINK it's the Circle-8 copy, but can't confirm. He scored it right around the time of that collection coming to light and I know that he was amongst the folks who flew out to AZ to get first crack at it. Check out the size of that CCA stamp!!!

bnb3.jpg

Edited by Comick1

Beautiful copy, Danny!!

What's kinda funny here is how there've been a number of really nice copies of the #23. You'd almost think the book was COMMON in high grade. . .

I know better. Took me forever to find my own copy. Such a great book. You fellers have any other issues between 1-24? I wanted to wait on posting some of my other pre-#25 issues until after other people had a chance to post some copies of 1-3!

!

.....they'll dry up soon..... with the days of being able to afford better material with a paycheck being long gone, people have to make tough choices and sell books to get books.... but selling a Kubert Viking Prince key is a choice I just can't make. GOD BLESS...

Here's my copy. Came from Cal Slobodian's collection:

bnb23.jpg

if anyone's bored with Superheroes ...... the first 22 issues of Brave and Bold feature Robin Hood, Silent Knight, and Viking Prince and 23 and 24 are solo Viking Prince. If you set the bar at 6.0, it can be a challenging but relatively affordable little mini run. (thumbs u

James, having a whole thread devoted to B&B 1-23 is noble indeed! I LOVE those books!! It's essentially the war comics artists (sans Grandenetti and Drucker) working on adventure series. Here's my copy of #3 to get things started. I bought this from Harley about 23 years ago. I THINK it's the Circle-8 copy, but can't confirm. He scored it right around the time of that collection coming to light and I know that he was amongst the folks who flew out to AZ to get first crack at it. Check out the size of that CCA stamp!!!

bnb3.jpg

love the cover :cloud9: I love medival times and ancient civilizations :)