• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TALES OF SUSPENSE #39 CLUB
12 12

536 posts in this topic

Well, mine has finally gone in the post to CGC, can't wait to see what I am going to get back. Slightly worried about the amount of tape, am I likely to get a blue with a taped spine and a small taped tear on the back?

I see a few slabs that have blues and the note on the top about tape, but some talk in the resto forum got me thinking about whether or not I will get a conservation label?

What do you guys think?

Well, mine has finally gone in the post to CGC, can't wait to see what I am going to get back. Slightly worried about the amount of tape, am I likely to get a blue with a taped spine and a small taped tear on the back?

I see a few slabs that have blues and the note on the top about tape, but some talk in the resto forum got me thinking about whether or not I will get a conservation label?

What do you guys think?

tape shoudl get you a blue, it will just be noted on the slab. Assuming there is no other restoration

Looking to buy a Tales of Suspense #39: CGC 2.5-4.5 (OW or better PQ)

Please send me a PM if you have one and want to sell it.

thanks,

John (SOT)

This is not a Want To Buy forum, fool. :makepoint:

lol

Christ its like you have a business IQ of an infant. :baiting:

Everywhere on the boards is WTB. Think about it logically hippie.

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

TOS 39 is on the rise!

a 4.0 sold for 3,600 ($800 more than average)

a 4.5 sold for $4,500 (over $1,000 more than average)

a 6.0 sold for $7,000 (over $1,300 more than average)

I think this book is next to climb after Hulk 1

:headbang: The rise of Iron Man.... the fall of AF 15 :censored::o

Looking to buy a Tales of Suspense #39: CGC 2.5-4.5 (OW or better PQ)

Please send me a PM if you have one and want to sell it.

thanks,

John (SOT)

This is not a Want To Buy forum, fool. :makepoint:

lol

Christ its like you have a business IQ of an infant. :baiting:

Everywhere on the boards is WTB. Think about it logically hippie.

If a shrewd investor like SOT has a WTB for TOS 39, the book must be in the early stages of hoarding, waiting for a breakout. I don't see many being offered for sale.

Well I finally got my copy back from CGC, and am pretty happy with the result (thumbs u

Alright, so its got more tape than paper and has had a fight with a staple gun, but it's mine and :cloud9:

ToS39_zpsa44e6f8f.jpg

P.

I hardly visit Silver but just noticed I'm a club member. Here it is.

TOS39_zps06dfa0dc.jpg

I realized that the photo of my copy broke because it was on my old webspace, so I thought I would (completely manufacture this excuse to) repost a book I hadn't looked at in a while.

TOS39CGC.jpg

Beautiful books there guys :cloud9:

No need to manufacture an excuse!

Interesting how the '(Tony Stark)' has been added to the label on some, and not on others. Does anyone know when this was done?

good catch. post Downey Jr success perhaps?

CGC has recently added the "real name" info to FF 52 as well I noticed.

And great books guys. Leroy that 8.0 is particularly mesmerizing. You should really visit SA more often if you're sitting on gems like that. :baiting:

-J.

And great books guys. Leroy that 8.0 is particularly mesmerizing. You should really visit SA more often if you're sitting on gems like that. :baiting:

-J.

hm Do we have a JLA 1 club?

-J.

You see some AF #15s that have (Peter Parker) and some that don't. Not sure if it is consistent now or when they made the switch.

what a cool idea to show off our TOS 39 comics!

I owned two at one time - at two different times.

I bought one from ebay back in 2005 and it was called "unrestored" in the description.

I turned it into CGC and some months later, they sent it back as a 2.5 calling it "restored."

The guy who sold it to me and I had a fight over this - but he eventually agreed to take it back.

Meanwhile, a local store was selling one for nearly the same price and grade - 2.5 unrestored. I bought it in place of the one I was sold previously.

So that was the first time I owned two at one time - briefly.

The second time was two years ago when I saw a nice attractive 6.5 on ebay for a decent price - Signed by Stan Lee.

Figuring that it would look great to own, I bought it.

Now that I had two again, I had to think whether to keep it or give it to someone special. So I gave the 2.5 TOS to my father after I decided that the 6.5 TOS was good enough for me.

So here's the comic I own.

PS. The guy who took back that restored comic back attempted to (or did) sold it off again without the CGC casing. I know this because I was contacted by some potential buyer who asked me what was wrong with it as I bought it previously. Word of advice after what I experienced - don't buy ungraded comics on ebay if you care to get it graded in the future!

img20014_zps22416092.jpg

Edited by star2468

-J.

hm Do we have a JLA 1 club?

:acclaim: This must mean you still have that gorgeous 8.5 copy of JLA 1.