• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,586 posts in this topic

Yep

80% of the time when I leave a voice mail somewhere I do not get a call back.

Yet telemarketers are not obverse at calling you 5 times a day. I'm ditching a bank I deal with because they gave my number to another company. Bastards.

Obverse? That's an effrontery! Heads should roll!

:whistle:

ADverse. Better?

Was the part where he listed it as a 1.0 smaller than the rest of the description? Just playing devil's advocate here. He put up a picture and listed the grade. Seems pretty straight forward.

I'll just share the link of the item itself---

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261628801785

I honestly didn't mean to screw this up-- it was one of those stupid moves that I went back and found the teenie mention of the grade in the fine print later. I was really trying to get a decent looking reader copy of the book-- not something that is hot garbage.

I don't understand this. The seller lists it as a 1.0 in two areas of the auction and posts a scan. Other then not contacting you fast enough where did the seller go wrong? Am I missing something?

Edited by Fastballspecial

Listed a hot book on eBay using GSP (I know it's controversial, but I did it) and:

-- An international buyer won the auction.

-- After winning, refused to pay unless I sent it to him outside of GSP saying the site wouldn't allow him to pay

-- I politely declined, opened a case

-- Called eBay, verified he could pay

-- Closed the case, called eBay back and made sure he wasn't dinged negatively

-- Relisted the book and ... guess what?

-- Same buyer won the same book

-- Again, refused to pay unless I sent to him outside of GSP

-- Finally looked into it, found flat-rate international shipping said I could send it but wanted to not re-list the book a third time, instead wanted to close deal here on the forum

-- He refused, saying he wasn't protected

I have opened and closed a non-payer case, blocked him on my eBay account. Not sure how people here view my conduct, and that's OK. Anyone here want his handle?

He has single-digit feedback, so I guess he will simply start a new account and try the same shenanigans until someone like me refuses to play ball.

Yep

Yet telemarketers are not obverse at calling you 5 times a day. I'm ditching a bank I deal with because they gave my number to another company. Bastards.

ADverse. Better?

Much...but did you appreciate my puns...?

;)

Yep

ADverse. Better?

Much...but did you appreciate my puns...?

;)

Yes, they were well executed. Like a noob meltdown

My third extortionist this year. I have reported this one to ebay. And for a

$5.99 clearance lot. Honest.

buyer is sa_nola , wants money back on non mint books that aren't mint.

Well duh...... I edit to say he wants $ 3 back. What is up with these

people.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251679735491?ssPageName=STRK:MESDIX:IT

Edited by towards2112

Just wanted to post a warning to anyone looking to do business with snitc-snitc on Ebay. Won the following auction here which he graded at VF+. The book doesn't look VF+ in his scans, but I bidded accordingly expecting a F/F+ copy. Instead this seller sent out a completely different copy than what was pictured in the auction and it's VG at best. I brought up the issue to him and he confirmed that he did had multiple copies but used the same scan of another copy. Yet he called me picky and refused to do anything to resolve the problem. I have started the return process through Ebay, but I would advise anyone to stay away from his listings unless you want something that is horribly over-graded and different then what is shown in his pictures.

Edited by Escaflown4

User dazdav5 generated no less than 28 bid cancellations last night and when I inquired as to what was going on, zero response. Speaking of zero, that's his feedback score as well. He's been a member since early last month.

Peace,

Chip

kcsports11

Check his feedback left for others. He is very liberal with leaving negs.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=kcsports11&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers

I shipped his book in two business days and he is messaging me about how the sale is already off to such a negative experience because it wasn't done in one.

I will be avoiding the headache in the future and you should to.

Been wanting to post this buyer for months, but couldn't until ebay resolution was complete. I sold an Avengers 181 graded VF/NM in Sept.

This buyer askanison23 sent the following.

"Hello. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this comic that I received is overgraded. There is no way it can be fairly graded at a 9.0 (Very Fine/Near Mint). The comic has various dimples in the front and back cover. Dimples alone bring a comic book down to the 5.0 Very Good/Fine grade. Details of the book's flaws are as follows: 7 small dimples on back cover (The type that are from fingernails as someone reads the book and the cover bends against their fingernails. 4 dimples on front cover - mostly near the "A" in Avengers. 8 light stress lines on front cover from spine. 5 very light stress lines on back cover from spine. The difference in grading from 9.0 to 5.0 represents a drop in book value of 63%. The market value drop is even more. Therefore I am asking for an appropriate partial refund of 63% as well. I am asking for a partial refund of approximately $25.00. I will be withholding feedback until I hear back from you. I am sure the overgrading was not intentional and merely an oversight. I hope that you are open to this refund.

Now at this point I thought to myself well apparently I missed something big on this book.

So I reply

Wow I didn't see that. Please send the book back to me. I will refund your entire amount + shipping + return shipping. I wouldn't want a VG book either that was advertised as VF/NM I cant believe I missed that. Below is my return shipping address. I apologize for the issue. I try like heck to make sure I grade a book as accurately as I can. I will have to make sure in the future I pay more attention to the back cover. (I reply twice after this as well.)

I get nothing from this buyer for a month. Then I get the below.

Hello, I'm waiting on prepaid label. Or I can just send the book back and expected a shipping refund. It's not a big deal. Just let me know. I did select a free $10 book in a previous email response. I wanted the item -> AVENGERS #171 VF- GEORGE PEREZ ULTRON KORVAC SAGA. Thanks! Please let me know what to do. If I don't hear back I'll just plan on sending out the Avengers 181 that was not as described.

Now I never got this previous email and I don't even have this book. I really thought he had more then one of these going at this point.

So at this point I escalated the case to get it over with. I lost it and I knew I would, but I wanted the book back. So I waited another month and never got the book so ebay closed the case in my favor.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Been wanting to post this buyer for months, but couldn't until ebay resolution was complete. I sold an Avengers 181 graded VF/NM in Sept.

This buyer askanison23 sent the following.

"Hello. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this comic that I received is overgraded. There is no way it can be fairly graded at a 9.0 (Very Fine/Near Mint). The comic has various dimples in the front and back cover. Dimples alone bring a comic book down to the 5.0 Very Good/Fine grade. Details of the book's flaws are as follows: 7 small dimples on back cover (The type that are from fingernails as someone reads the book and the cover bends against their fingernails. 4 dimples on front cover - mostly near the "A" in Avengers. 8 light stress lines on front cover from spine. 5 very light stress lines on back cover from spine. The difference in grading from 9.0 to 5.0 represents a drop in book value of 63%. The market value drop is even more. Therefore I am asking for an appropriate partial refund of 63% as well. I am asking for a partial refund of approximately $25.00. I will be withholding feedback until I hear back from you. I am sure the overgrading was not intentional and merely an oversight. I hope that you are open to this refund.

Now at this point I thought to myself well apparently I missed something big on this book.

So I reply

Wow I didn't see that. Please send the book back to me. I will refund your entire amount + shipping + return shipping. I wouldn't want a VG book either that was advertised as VF/NM I cant believe I missed that. Below is my return shipping address. I apologize for the issue. I try like heck to make sure I grade a book as accurately as I can. I will have to make sure in the future I pay more attention to the back cover. (I reply twice after this as well.)

I get nothing from this buyer for a month. Then I get the below.

Hello, I'm waiting on prepaid label. Or I can just send the book back and expected a shipping refund. It's not a big deal. Just let me know. I did select a free $10 book in a previous email response. I wanted the item -> AVENGERS #171 VF- GEORGE PEREZ ULTRON KORVAC SAGA. Thanks! Please let me know what to do. If I don't hear back I'll just plan on sending out the Avengers 181 that was not as described.

Now I never got this previous email and I don't even have this book. I really thought he had more then one of these going at this point.

So at this point I escalated the case to get it over with. I lost it and I knew I would, but I wanted the book back. So I waited another month and never got the book so ebay closed the case in my favor.

isnt that a board member

I'm gonna keep saying this till it sinks in-don't post grades on ebay-just show pics and descriptions. No matter how solid your grading eventually you'll meet someone who disagrees with it and you'll get jacked up like this.

patterjoe01

Bought my Wolverine #1 for $50 and did not pay or answer any emails asking if payment was going to be made. Once I found out I could get my FVF back I left him feed back saying Never paid. No communication.

Then went to get my FVF and poof it was gone. Oh well worth the $5 hit.

kcsports11

Check his feedback left for others. He is very liberal with leaving negs.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=kcsports11&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers

I shipped his book in two business days and he is messaging me about how the sale is already off to such a negative experience because it wasn't done in one.

I will be avoiding the headache in the future and you should to.

Just following up on this one.

This guy is a huge punk. Got this message from him after I let him know it took an extra day due to waiting for mailers and that it was dropped off yesterday.

"now you lied to me, you printed the label the 5 and dropped it off today, it's one the tracking info.plus the far fetched story of the boxes I also find hard to believe. it sellers like you that made me quit buying on ebay for a very long time."

patterjoe01

Bought my Wolverine #1 for $50 and did not pay or answer any emails asking if payment was going to be made. Once I found out I could get my FVF back I left him feed back saying Never paid. No communication.

Then went to get my FVF and poof it was gone. Oh well worth the $5 hit.

when it comes to dealing with non paying buyers, I generally find it is a complete waste of time to send them anything or to leave any feedback.

I let the automated system handle it and if it doesn't close the case for me, I do it myself after a week or so has gone by to release the FVF. I also block the buyer from my accounts.

to leave any feedback, you have to give the person positive feedback by default-- even if your words are negative and damning. I believe in one case where I left negative comments (before learning not to) the buyer left several nasty feedback comments and killed my feedback rating. eBay cleared it up eventually but what a hassle. And you have to see that negative/non 100% every time you open eBay -- NOT WORTH IT.

just my take.