• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,601 posts in this topic

So many great stories exist that would make great movies from that time period. WW/Moulton definitely would qualify. I did not know that after Moulton died, his wife and mistress spent their lives together. Could make for quite the salty movie.

I think a story about the birth of comics and the artists in the lower east side of Manhattan (Delancey street became Yancy street for The King) would work. Immigrants, many of them Jewish, trying to find their way in America, fighting in WW II, and developing the themes and symbols that continue to resonate today.

And of course the EC story is so interesting, where the company is holding on by a thread, and fortunately that thread was Mad which led to success for the company and defined popular culture for years.

At least I think they would make great movies- I would go see 'em!

It's already a book! Kavalier and Clay! Not to mention Men of Tomorrow. Great stuff but probably a niche market for this stuff.

I loved Kavalier and Clay (not so much the ending, but the first half.) Reading that brought me back to my childhood hobbies of comics and magic. After reading the book, I got back into magic/sleight of hand after around 20 years, and soon after back into comics. That book really struck a chord with me.

9042982429_72b59e2504.jpg

mm

An issue of Comic Cavalcade was the first Golden Age DC I bought at a convention. I must not have thought too much of it as I traded it away or sold it as some point.

My earliest memories of the Golden Age Flash and Wonder Woman were in the pages of some trashed coverless comics sitting at the base of our attic steps. Oddly enough for some reason I recalled that moment this week; sitting there looking at those very strange HG Peter drawings of Wonder Woman and her friends and the funny man with the metal cap!! All of those ended up in the rubbish bin at some point.

An issue of Comic Cavalcade was the first Golden Age DC I bought at a convention. I must not have thought too much of it as I traded it away or sold it as some point.

My earliest memories of the Golden Age Flash and Wonder Woman were in the pages of some trashed coverless comics sitting at the base of our attic steps. Oddly enough for some reason I recalled that moment this week; sitting there looking at those very strange HG Peter drawings of Wonder Woman and her friends and the funny man with the metal cap!! All of those ended up in the rubbish bin at some point.

I didn't buy too many 15-cent comic books...but COMIC CAVALCADE was one of

my favorites.

mm

my favorites.

mm

Did you prefer them over World's Finest, the other big DC 15 center?

my favorites.

mm

Did you prefer them over World's Finest, the other big DC 15 center?

No...I guess I enjoyed them both, when I was able to afford them, which wasn't very

often. I have 6 COMIC CAVALCADE'S and 8 WORLD'S FINEST.

mm

i got these 3 books back from CGC, sporting brand-new Conserved labels. I like the way they look, blue with a purple bar across the top so they are identifiable. I'm pleased with the results!

WW8_zps526e556e.jpg

WW9_zps5b84543a.jpg

WW10_zpsa4c4e5d3.jpg

i got these 3 books back from CGC, sporting brand-new Conserved labels. I like the way they look, blue with a purple bar across the top so they are identifiable. I'm pleased with the results!

WW8_zps526e556e.jpg

WW9_zps5b84543a.jpg

WW10_zpsa4c4e5d3.jpg

:golfclap: Nice! I used to own copies of all three. So sorry I sold all my WW's a few years back to build a selective MLJ run. Thought the prices would remain barginville, and I could obtain them all again later. Boy was I wrong :D

WW8_zps526e556e.jpg

WW9_zps5b84543a.jpg

WW10_zpsa4c4e5d3.jpg

3 awesome covers!

had bought a nice WW 7 that was a 7.0 but had some glue to the 3 centerfold wraps... once glue removed, book cgc'd 5.0 with note of 3 cf detached, but looks very nice

had bought a nice WW 7 that was a 7.0 but had some glue to the 3 centerfold wraps... once glue removed, book cgc'd 5.0 with note of 3 cf detached, but looks very nice

Are you gonna share it with us :taptaptap: